Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #31
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
I really like this idea....I love the "in your face" Disney feel of the Value resorts and would love to see that for a Deluxe Resort.
I also agree this combination feel is missing at the resorts!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #32
Lisa0620
Mouseketeer

Not so much about the theming, but the actual design of the rooms. I've always been disappointed that Disney didn't do something better than "2 beds in a room" for their room design. Family suites are nice, but they cost more than 2 rooms and they're in value resorts so no pool slides. Besides the expense (yes, even on points) the DVC 1 bedrooms "spend" so much of their space on the kitchen and bath areas, but don't have such great sleeping options for the kids.

I would love to see "room and a half" type rooms in a Moderate level resort. Similar to what Great Wolf lodge and Nickelodeon have done where the kids get their own semi-private space with bunk beds and their own tv and the adults get a queen or king sized bed in a space of their own.
Lisa0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
SeniorWoodchuck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents... I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.
GREAT idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have always been stuck on a name. You can't call it Disney resort, because, well you know, that is the whole darn place..
How about "Walt's House"?
SeniorWoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa0620 View Post
Not so much about the theming, but the actual design of the rooms. I've always been disappointed that Disney didn't do something better than "2 beds in a room" for their room design. Family suites are nice, but they cost more than 2 rooms and they're in value resorts so no pool slides. Besides the expense (yes, even on points) the DVC 1 bedrooms "spend" so much of their space on the kitchen and bath areas, but don't have such great sleeping options for the kids.

I would love to see "room and a half" type rooms in a Moderate level resort. Similar to what Great Wolf lodge and Nickelodeon have done where the kids get their own semi-private space with bunk beds and their own tv and the adults get a queen or king sized bed in a space of their own.
Yes we love the wolf lodge room lay out as well!!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #35
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Hopefully The Disney design team reads some of these and will use our collective Genius to design their next resort!!!!!
Disdad member #651

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: