Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #16
chasshan
calgirl6

I found something similar at the Dollar store back in 2011. They are similar to a shoe organizer, but with fewer pockets. I bought 2 and I think they held the equivalent of 1 large shoe organizer.
Another alternative to using the over the door hanger or the much needed bathroom hooks( we need those for wet towels), is a large diameter suction cup hook, specifically a power lock suction hook. ( these work by pulling up then down on the hook, then to release you pull the hook back up.)
We used these on the Wonder and just recently at the Boardwalk Villas. They are very strong and will suction to smooth surfaces, including mirrors, windows, doors, wood paneling and painted walls too if they aren't too textured.
We have successfully used them to hold these organizers and heavy bags of laundry.
I found mine at a discount store but I recently saw them on amazon too.
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #17
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse
I found shoe organizers at the dollar store with 4 pockets. I bought two - one for the bathroom door and one for the hook inside the cabin. They came in nautical colors - red and navy with rope hangers. Dollar general I believe.
I just try to seriously minimize my shoes I bring. Athletic, beach flipflop, fancy flipflop, flats. I don't need a door organizer or I may be tempted to bring more?

Speaking of which, I found adorable comfortable non slippy silver dressy shoes at Kmart of all places on sale yesterday for my next cruise! (That isn't booked yet haha. Told Twinkie, I bought shoes for our next cruise!) Gotta think ahead. Its hard to find cute fancy sleek n sultry that you actually can wear around with all the different kinds of flooring and walking on a ship! Woohoo. I be ready!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
I just try to seriously minimize my shoes I bring. Athletic, beach flipflop, fancy flipflop, flats. I don't need a door organizer or I may be tempted to bring more?
The shoe organziers are handy for much more than shoes. We use them for our cabins keys, cameras, lanyards, highlighters, etc instead of everything getting dropped on a flat surface ending up hard to find. The organizers make a great drop spot when you walk in the door.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
The shoe organziers are handy for much more than shoes. We use them for our cabins keys, cameras, lanyards, highlighters, etc instead of everything getting dropped on a flat surface ending up hard to find. The organizers make a great drop spot when you walk in the door.
We don't use ours for shoes either. We use it in the bathroom to keep the counters/shelves clear of clutter.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
HappyPeach
Mouseketeer

I use the LLBean hanging toiletry organizer. They come in various sizes. A large or x-large holds everything for the bathroom plus has room for extras like tape or scissors.
4 day Disney Wonder, June 2007 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2010 -*- 4 day Disney Wonder, May 2010 -*- 7 day Western Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2011 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, April 2011 -*- 5 day Disney Dream, January 2012 -*- 7 day Disney Fantasy, April 2013 -*-12 day EBTA Disney Magic, May 2014

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

HappyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats12 View Post
I was the one who posted about using the dowel rod. Here's a picture of it. Worked fine for me and the only thing touching the door was the ribbon and the back of the organizer.

I have the same organizer and I used a coat hanger and attached the organizer to the coat hanger with bread ties, doubled them up for added weight.

Disney World: 1978, 1995, 2010 PORS, 2011 POFQ, 2012 CBR, 2014 PORS

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Dream, May 2013, Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015.
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: