DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #16
River Country
DIS Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilan View Post
Thank you all for your replies. It has given me alot to consider. We would definitely stay at VB at times, as we love the beach. We would almost ALWAYS be booking late September through mid-December, but never over holidays. We like those "dead" days at the parks. I think we will keep our eyes open for other deals for now. We would like to be able to stay a week or so at AKV or BLT, and next year at the THV at SS at the request of our son. We did do some tours of some resorts last week...love AKV, sort of liked WL, not incredibly impressed with SS, love BLT. SO much to consider, though. We almost always drive but that doesn't mean we won't fly one of these days.

Thanks again for the input, everyone!
To be honest i was going to do this as well and i am now reconsidering it just based on a 150 point contract would cost ne $1,100.00 a year on top of $769 for my SSR is alot of scratch
Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you all for your replies. It has given me alot to consider. We would definitely stay at VB at times, as we love the beach. We would almost ALWAYS be booking late September through mid-December, but never over holidays. We like those "dead" days at the parks. I think we will keep our eyes open for other deals for now. We would like to be able to stay a week or so at AKV or BLT, and next year at the THV at SS at the request of our son. We did do some tours of some resorts last week...love AKV, sort of liked WL, not incredibly impressed with SS, love BLT. SO much to consider, though. We almost always drive but that doesn't mean we won't fly one of these days.

Just so you know, those "dead" times in the parks in the fall through early winter are some of the busiest for DVC resorts. so you very well may face an uphill battle when it comes to availability at seven months out from October through December. September trips may be an easier get (because it's still so hot and it's hurricane season), though with Halloween parties starting in mid-September now, BLT is harder to get at that time.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #18
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

Quote:

Whatever you do Please don't buy a large contract ( like 450 pts). Try to buy smaller contracts like 100 to 150 each, that way if you need to sell you can get rid of the 1 contract you don't need anymore

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: