DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

August Booking Hope

So the DW and I bought resale and finally got our closing docs today. We are sending them out tomorrow and know we probably won't be in Disney's system until mid-June. The process took a few more weeks than we would have liked.

Now, small question that I know is really asking you to be like a weather forecaster...do you believe there will be any availability for anywhere during the month of August from the 4th through the 10th? We know its really late in the game; we don't care where we would be able to stay, it's just that I'm a teacher and would love to get down before my school year starts. So, what's everyone's best guess?
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't bank on it. We are going on the 13th of August and would like to add a day either end but struggling to find anything. It booked up really quickly. You might find SSR is open but i wouldn't expect anything else to be.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

I don't care where it's at. There's no way I'm getting my home resort (BLT) on such short notice, so wherever we can find will be good. Just need to do one reset before back in the class.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
So the DW and I bought resale and finally got our closing docs today. We are sending them out tomorrow and know we probably won't be in Disney's system until mid-June. The process took a few more weeks than we would have liked.

Now, small question that I know is really asking you to be like a weather forecaster...do you believe there will be any availability for anywhere during the month of August from the 4th through the 10th? We know its really late in the game; we don't care where we would be able to stay, it's just that I'm a teacher and would love to get down before my school year starts. So, what's everyone's best guess?
I think your chances are good for SSR and AKV and some days at OKW. Good luck!!

Last edited by lovin'fl; 05-23-2013 at 08:19 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
mdinme
DIS Veteran

Just checked

Youll be fine. SSR is wide open every day in your window. Kidani is open first three and last three. OKW is open last four and even BLT has a Aug 6,8,9 open. I checked for studios.

You may end up having to split stay, but maybe not if your dates are a bit flexible.

Keep after MS, and check Orange county deeds regularly so you can book asap.

Enjoy!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinme View Post
Youll be fine. SSR is wide open every day in your window. Kidani is open first three and last three. OKW is open last four and even BLT has a Aug 6,8,9 open. I checked for studios.

You may end up having to split stay, but maybe not if your dates are a bit flexible.

Keep after MS, and check Orange county deeds regularly so you can book asap.

Enjoy!
Thank you so much. That's awesome. I realize things can/will change between now and whenever we get in the system, but this was truly encouraging. My wife who's about to leave on a business trip for 2 weeks will be thrilled when I tell her this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: