Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #31
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll
I think if 2 single people meet at work and date, as long as they keep their behavior professional in the office, and as long as they are fairly sure that should they break that they can still keep their behavior professional in theoffice, that an office romance is no biggie.

If one of them is a manager or supervisor and the other is not, it could be a real problem. Others may feel unconfortable and will think the manager is favoring her boyfriend. If they break up, the supervisor is exposing himself to a claim of sexual harassment over what was really a consensual relationship. Not a good idea to date someone in your chain of command.

That's why my company prefers that married couples work in different departments.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #32
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I married my boss and we've been married 13 years and together 18.

At the company where we worked, MORE people than not dated there. It was an entertainment company and we were all of "marriage" age and had no time to date outside of work.
I married my boss too. I was his paralegal. He asked me out when he found out I was going to go on a date with another attorney. Just celebrated 15 years !! I just go in the office part time to help out once in awhile.

I once had an attorney, my boss, who was married try to hit on me. It was disgusting and I left that job.

When I was in high school on the pep squard, our Advisor (a teacher) was having an affair with our Vice Principal. They were both married. They were not fooling anyone. It was a joke all around. Where ever Natalie was, there was Don. Rally practices in the evenings.....they were both there.

One year we went to Loyola for a week long cheer camp. Natalie and Don where there the first day together ~ and then left. She returned on our last day. I think they ended up marrying. Such a scandal back then.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-21-2013 at 01:46 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #33
PaulaSue
I have a purple car too and love it
Even I need a nap now and then

Lol. I have seen it all at work. The good ( no weddings but but a few living together now) the bad ( girls trying out the selection ) the cheating and worse (the Woman turning almost stalker ish when the guy broke up after just dating 1 week wouldn't move in with her and her 3 kids to 2 different fathers.).

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2 Birthdays, 1 Anniversary, Priceless...1/06

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2nd Trip, 1 Week with Family and Friends...10/08

F&W, Music to our ears...10/11

Tire Pros "Family" is going to Disney...1/15
PaulaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #34
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

There have been soap operas at my various workplaces. One memorable one was a woman in the process of a divorce who hooked up with a married co-worker. We had two new employees who relocated from different parts of the country who started on the same day. There was some kidding around about which of the two guys would be first to..."plant his flag" in the new location. Well, the aforementioned woman took care of that straightaway...for both of them. She later married the boss, but they are now divorced. I think it's safe to say she's not cut out for marriage.

Just curious about those of you who married the boss. Who's the boss now?
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #35
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
There have been soap operas at my various workplaces. One memorable one was a woman in the process of a divorce who hooked up with a married co-worker. We had two new employees who relocated from different parts of the country who started on the same day. There was some kidding around about which of the two guys would be first to..."plant his flag" in the new location. Well, the aforementioned woman took care of that straightaway...for both of them. She later married the boss, but they are now divorced. I think it's safe to say she's not cut out for marriage.

Just curious about those of you who married the boss. Who's the boss now?
Micca.....:lma o:

This made me giggle. ....here it comes... "Who's the boss now?"

ME

We were both single...I would be freaking out if it was an affair. Because I'm afraid of Karma Knock on wood, that whole thing.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-27-2013 at 05:44 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #36
MickeySP
DIS Veteran

As soon as you marry or cohabitate here, one person has to leave the office.

So the secret comes out once the transfer is requested.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Most of the time, if supervisor/employee one gets transferred.

I have seen employees from different depts that have gotten involved and then later married. Some were more drama filled than others. The real drama usually came when someone broke up with another to date another employee. There is one young lady that looks at work as her own personal dating site. Ok by me but man does the drama unfold. She wonders why no one takes her seriously. Her immaturity is glaring.

The worst I have seen is the couple who worked in different departments. I mean a really nice couple, very loving. Had a tough road trying to have children and finally had a son. One day it came to light the man was having an affair with a lady in another department. Wowsa...

I prefer to keep my personal life separate from work. Though I did meet my dh at work he did not work for my company.

Kelly
Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #38
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I met my husband at the bank that I worked at. I was new and he was cute. Both of us were single so after a few weeks we started to date. Six months later we got married. We continued working in different departments for a few years, and I actually went to a branch office. He graduated from college and got a better job. I was so sad when he left because I felt like a part of me was missing, but it was a blessing. We have been married for 23 years.

Over my 10 year stay at the bank, I saw many affairs. Most ended badly. Some got fired for it, some got divorced. There were two other couples who started off single who married and they are still married today. It's the ones who cheat on their spouse with someone from work who caused the most drama.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #39
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeySP View Post
As soon as you marry or cohabitate here, one person has to leave the office.

So the secret comes out once the transfer is requested.
State laws must play a role in that. DW and I got married long before HR departments existed.....but the big boss said we'd own the company if he required either of us to leave. Company policy was one spouse could not supervise the other, but because I worked crazy hours, and they had a tough time covering that shift with a person do do my DW's job, they went to the owner for an "experimental waiver" to that rule. I was my wife's boss for 3 years. As we used to joke, she had to do what I said for those 8 hours a day.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #40
HeatherFeather
The apostrophe just completes me

I work in a Breast Care Center and there are only maybe 15 of us and we are all heterosexual(as far as I know) women so we don't have any office affairs.

I do have a friend though who works in a small office with two women. Woman A is the manager and runs the whole place while woman B is essentially a desk person. Both women are married and their families spend time together outside of work but neither husband works there. Woman A (the boss) leaves her husband for and marries woman B's husband. Both women still work there. I can not imagine the discomfort that must exist there each and every day.

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Keli
We're smarter than the average bear!
I would scrap everyday if I could
What do you think? You were raised in a barn?

I hate office romances. Always seems like it causes so much drama and I really hate being uncomfortable around two coworkers when they aren't getting along well or have recently broken up.
Thankfully in the dept I currently work we are nearly all women with just one male. He appears to be happily married so I'm thinking we won't have to deal with any office romances in our dept soon. At least I hope so!

1981-The early years. 2011-The not-so-early years
Keli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

I am a man and work with all guys in a male dominated field so I don't see an romance on the horizon and if there was it would be scandalous.

But my grandma did marry a man she worked with and they were married until his passing. My fathers father passed when my dad was a teen so this man was my grandpa and treated us as such.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Every place I worked at over the years except one had rules about that - no workplace romances.

The last place didn't and it was a mess. People dating, breaking up, trying to sabotage careers, fighting when they should be working because they broke up. It wasn't a pleasant place to work.

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #44
DawnM
Dawn

I never, ever dated anyone from work. I just had no interest.

However, there were some who did. There was a rule where I worked though that if you married someone on a different level than you were, one of you had to leave. We had one situation like this. The administrator and a teacher got married. The teacher ended up finding a different school to work in.

Some of the relationships ended very badly. Those were always great topics of hot gossip.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #45
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

There was a scandal at Hubby's place of work! None that I know of at my middle school.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: