Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
low-key
DIS Veteran

Work Place Love Affairs

Are there any in your work place ?

yes and what cracks me up these people think its a secrete but everyone knows . I make many bad decisions, but even I am smart enough to of never done this
Old 05-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

It sort of is a work place.
Our choir director left his wife for the new organist. He is 60 and she is 32. This happened over a year ago. Both are leaving, and they are spiritually in love.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

My workplace romance ended up becoming my husband of 10 years (and counting) and the dad to my son (and soon to be daughter).

Furthest thing from a bad decision I've ever made.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
low-key
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
It sort of is a work place.
Our choir director left his wife for the new organist. He is 60 and she is 32. This happened over a year ago. Both are leaving, and they are spiritually in love.
ouuu a Church scandal, they are the most shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDame View Post
My workplace romance ended up becoming my husband of 10 years (and counting) and the dad to my son (and soon to be daughter).

Furthest thing from a bad decision I've ever made.
hey, a happy ending
Old 05-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Most of the women I dated were co-workers. The one I married 31 years ago was a co-worker. Worked together for 2 years before we started dating.....dated for another 2 years as we were co-workers, and were co-workers for the first 7 years of our marriage.
Most folks don't try and hide it. I'm in a company of 120 employees now, and there are 6 people who are married, dating or living together (not as roommates) that I know of.

It certainly makes HR nervous because they can't win.......if a relationship blows up, it can have an impact on the workplace and the company gets sued......and if they step in....the company gets sued.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I married my boss and we've been married 13 years and together 18.

At the company where we worked, MORE people than not dated there. It was an entertainment company and we were all of "marriage" age and had no time to date outside of work.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
4under4
DIS Veteran

DH & I started dating while working together nearly 24 years ago. We continued to work together for 5+ after we got married. Our career paths diverged for a number of years, but for the past 11 we have had our own business and work together every day. Many people ask how we can do that, but the truth is the years we DIDN'T work together were the hardest as we struggled to keep in touch with each other's day-to-day lives.

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

It's how i met DH, actually at WDW.
We've been married 20 years - together for 22.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #9
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Yup, another office romance here, we've been together for 16 years and married for 12. DH was actually my boss, only our closest friends knew we were dating. As a matter of fact, when we decided to get married, people at work were shocked to find out we had been dating for so long.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #10
AntePrincess
Not a princess... yet.

Well, my husband started his own business and, technically, I work for him. I guess I'd better say there's a love affair in my work place.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

There was a scandal in my office awhile ago. It was probably the early or mid 80's, a guy who was the son of a top executive, full of himself, started "seeing" an 18 year old shy file clerk who was obviously smitten with him. She got pregnant, he denied it was his. She got a paternity test and it was his. She left the company, he transferred to another office. I believe she got child support but he never had anything to do with his son. She eventually married someone else.

Fast forward 15 or 20 years, word gets back to the office that he was killed in a car accident in another state where he was living. Obituary talks about his wonderful wife & children, of course nothing about the other child. One of my coworkers knew the girl who had the baby, not a close friend but knew her from her area. My coworker decided to get in contact with her to tell her, turns out she didn't know. She mentioned that she hadn't talked to her son much about his bio dad, her husband pretty much raised him. Don't know how that ended, if she ended up telling her son that his bio dad died.

Last edited by DebbieB; 05-19-2013 at 12:44 AM.
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
Maleficent Dragon
Member Since 2004; lost previous login details

I met my husband at the workplace many years ago. I was his boss.

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #13
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under4 View Post
Many people ask how we can do that, but the truth is the years we DIDN'T work together were the hardest as we struggled to keep in touch with each other's day-to-day lives.
That was our experience too. 7 years married working at the same company, including 3 years where we worked side by side. Other than doing each others Christmas shopping, in that 3 years were together 24/7/365.
I left for another company 24 years ago.....a competitor..... it took a few years to adjust. Most interesting thing working in a competitive business with your spouse working at your main competitor.......if I want to know what my company's secret plans are, I ask my wife. If she wants to know what her company's secret plans are, she asks me. Usually our sales people are out talking to the same clients as her sales people in advance of any announcement of big secret projects, so those secret projects aren't as secret as they think.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #14
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

I actually had two workplace romances.

The first was a total disaster, and I regret it to this very day. He turned out to be one of the cruelest people I've ever known. What a mistake!!!

The second was with my DH! I was very leery at first, based on the disastrous outcome of the first relationship.....but went for it anyway, haha!

That was 16 years ago Happily married for almost 13 years now!
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #15
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

At my job there are more men cheating with female co-workers than dating/marrying them! One has been cheating with the same co-worker for the past 11 years and thinks no one knows about it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: