Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Never Land Club Questions

Hi,

Considering using this for a date night with DH on our 15th anniversary. Our children will be an old 6 and a very young 3 while there. The three year old (who is 2.5 now) is totally potty trained. I have a few questions though...

1. What is the babysitter: child ratio?

2. I read that the dinner is buffet. My child has a severe peanut allergy. The buffet lists peanut butter. Anyone know how they handle allergies? I have to be concerned over a) will she accidentally ingest (either grab it off buffet or off another child's plate.) or b) a child has peanut paws and does not wash up after dinner.

3. How far in advance do you need to make reservations. We are going in October.

Thanks all!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Hi,

Considering using this for a date night with DH on our 15th anniversary. Our children will be an old 6 and a very young 3 while there. The three year old (who is 2.5 now) is totally potty trained. I have a few questions though...

2. I read that the dinner is buffet. My child has a severe peanut allergy. The buffet lists peanut butter. Anyone know how they handle allergies? I have to be concerned over a) will she accidentally ingest (either grab it off buffet or off another child's plate.) or b) a child has peanut paws and does not wash up after dinner.

3. How far in advance do you need to make reservations. We are going in October.

Thanks all!!!
You should call Disney for questions 1 and 2.

We always booked months before our trip for the Neverland Club because its popular.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

They say you note the food requests but I wonder if anyone with a child allergy has sent child to the clubs and their experience?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Hi,

Thanks all!!!
1. I'm not sure, but unless you have a special needs child, I wouldn't be concerned. There were several CM's there when my kids went last August. I have no doubt that once they reach the ratio, they won't accept additional kids. If you call, they can probably give you the ratio.

2. Last August it wasn't a buffet. On drop off, we had to select dinner items (on a check off menu). I figured that they brought in the food from either Captain Cooks or Kona. Let them know about your child's allergies and concerns. The staff at Neverland are amazing.

3. Unless something has changed, you just supply a credit card to hold your reservation. It should be cancellable (I don't know how many days notice). So why not just book it now so you reserve the spot?
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: