Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
BunBun
Mouseketeer

Our trip isn't for another 364 days, and I already have a few things packed! As I find Tinker Bell gifts, I pack them quickly so I don't forget where they put them.

Now, for the basics, I try not to pack too early. (More than a week out.) If I pack too early, I always throw in way too much last minute stuff. Last time I did that, we had to take an extra two suitcases worth of stuff due to my stupidity.
BunBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

A month before we leave i will start putting in the warm weather clothes because by mid Sept we won't be in shorts anymore here
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Rendar
Earning My Ears

100 days to go and im half way done packing.
Rendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #19
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Just started to organize a pile. Leave July 15.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

WE have a Bin that is filled with our "Disney only" stuff....(Suntan lotion, ponchos, travel toiletries, DIsney T-shirts, etc...), but as far as packing the bags....the day before...we only live 85 miles from the world so whatever clothes we need are already available, we've been enough times to know exactly what we need to bring. The only thing we do a couple of day ahead of time is get the kids "buckets" together...each contains snacks, a new Disney t-shirt, new Disney Pajamas, their Gift Card and a couple of child specific items.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We go through our clothes about 2 weeks in advance in case we need to pick up anything but we do the actual packing 1-2 days in advance,
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

We leave in 15 days
I just went today to buy sun screen, toiletires, medicine and other supplies. I have a tote in our room that we have started putting our vacation items in. Probably should have started sooner but we are making progress.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #23
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

I like to start packing about a week before. But I have a "pile" already started - and our trip is in September haha. I have started sewing custom stuff for my daughter to wear, so she has her own little basket in my sewing room with her new Disney outfits in it
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Well I can't pack to early or I would need something I packed or I'd change my mind and repack before I left! LOL!
But...... We are going over July 4th and I have already started thinking and buying a few things I need, sunscreen, bug spray, shampoo ,conditioner, deoderant, toothpaste, etc. I've bought a few new clothes and hung them and a few others to the side of my closet that I'm going to wear on vacation.

I haven't made my list yet but will probably do that after memorial weekend. I will probably start gathering everything together, packing, crossing off my list, about a week before we leave and hopefully be finished a couple of days before we leave! So... then with my packing out of the way.... I can do some fun things before we leave like laundry & clean my house while my husband is having fun mowing the grass and washing the vehicle! LOL!

Hopefully we'll have everything done early enough the night before we leave that we can both get a few hours sleep before we leave! LOL! I have waited and packed a few days before we were to leave and set up all night getting ready and left without any sleep! Thats just crazy! LOL!

I always leave a tote out for last minute things we need to pack!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #25
Sophiesmom
Earning My Ears

I don't usually start packing until 2-3 days before we leave. Am trying to change this habit as I always get stressed out and usually end up forgetting something!
Sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #26
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We leave in 16 days. So far, we have all gone through summer clothes to see what we need, and those things have been bought. I bought sunscreen, sunglasses for the kids, and few beach towels. I started a packing list yesterday and hope to clear off a table upstairs to start gathering things we won't need before we leave...which isn't much, since school is out later this week and we will need shorts/swimsuits, etc. We are driving, so overpacking or stuffed bags aren't a problem for us.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

We go on the 17th November and I already have one case fully packed since the beginning of January!! Before you think I am crazy I will explain myself! We booked at the beginning of December and ended up getting lots of holiday clothes and essentials as christmas gifts and then with the money my DD got we went to the January sales and picked up a few more things for her from the Disney Store. I have them all packed away so I know where they are, and for someone who has forgotten she has already bought gifts for special occasions and ran out and bought more gifts for the same purpose only to find the original gifts months later hidden in closets and cabinets, I would say that isn't such a bad thing!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #28
Princess Steph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
we leave in 14 days....yesterday I did my first Target run for a few things I always get there (like little boxes of wine that fit perfectly in the frig), a few travel sized things I buy every trip, etc. I put a small basket in the corner of our bedroom and start the 'pile'. Over the next week the pile will grow, when I think of something, I put it in the pile. I really don't pack clothing until about 3 days before, toiletries the morning we leave. I also have a pretty extensive packing list (see the tips board for good ideas) that helps me remember everything.

I say start the pile, it's fun and every little bit you can do ahead of time with make it easier. I don't actually put the stuff in the suitcase usually until the day or two before.

We are all going soon! We are at Yacht Club....anyone else? I have yet to meet up with a diser on property!

Hi Reddy from scrapbooking board - you are such a help to me, thanks!
I have a small tote filled with things I have been buying. I will probably pack it all 2 days before we leave.
We arrive at the YC on 5/29. It's just DS (7) and I this trip. When will you be there? Maybe we can meet by the pool one day?! fun!
Princess Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
iTenor1500
Earning My Ears

I love packing. For me, packing is part of the fun of going. I'm an inveterate list maker when it comes to this, so bear with my lists!

My process:
A month out from departure, I'll make my first packing list. I'll go through my travel supplies, and see what needs to be added to or replaced. I'll make sure that all the clothes I want to go are at least where they should be.

2 weeks out I'll visit the first draft, and make a 2nd draft. At this point all the clothes I want will be washed if they're not already.

1 week out, all my supplies are gathered in our guest room, and I'll pack and re-pack the suitcase until I'm happy with it.

Typically, I'll pull out my luggage the day my Magical Express info comes in the mail, and all that important paperwork goes right In my carry-on.

It seems like such a process, but it's really not!!

DVC since 2010

Upcoming: Aug 2013-BWV, Oct 2013-Pop
Past: June 97 - DL, Aug 2000-GF, June 2003-offsite, Aug 2004-CB, Apr 2005-POFQ, June 2007-ASMov, May 2010-PC, Oct 2010-SS, Oct 2011-BLT, Oct 2012-OKW, Dec 2012-BLT
iTenor1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #30
starrysky
DIS Veteran

I never really unpack from previous trips. We don't tend to need the sort of warm weather clothes here and I never wear shorts at home. About a month before I go I check through the case and make sure everything fits and then throw it through the wash to freshen it up.
I pack my case with some dryer sheets to help to keep them fresh and use them in the drawers at the resort like scented liners.

Think this year I am going to make a list to prevent over packing. I just came back from a week away and managed with carry on luggage so I think I might need a little more for two weeks but it was nice to know I can cope with less.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: