Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

French Fries at BOG for kids

Could someone tell me if french fries can be ordered on the kids menu at BOG. I want to eat there either for dinner or for lunch, but we will be with our grandchildren and there is really nothing on the kids menu that I think they will eat. If they were able to get french fries that would help.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) I do not remember French fries.
2) BoG has a different type of kids menu.
3) They do not cater so much to the picky eaters.
4) Guests are supposed to experience different things and tastes.
5) The BoG accomplishes this.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

BoG is a themed restaurant. Think about the song that Lumiere sings in the movie. The dining experience is supposed to be elegant and special, with the kitchen preparing the best of the best. Now, of course WDW had to tone it down quite a bit so as not to plop Victoria & Albert's smack in the middle of the MK. But they are only willing to go so far. If BoG started serving hot dogs, pizza slices and French fries, do you think Lumiere would be singing proudly about his provincial French kitchen? It would ruin the theming. So to Disney's way of thinking, if people want pedestrian fare, they have 115 or so other places to get it. You go to BoG when you want to step up. There is little interest in making BoG just another run-of- the-mill fast food venue, so substitutions are not made easily if at all for less than dietary health reasons. They have sweet potato wedges for kids. If that is too "special", then Disney expects that folks will find their favorites at other CS locations. Hasn't seemed to hurt business so far.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
kasii88
Earning My Ears

I know during lunch the adult sandwiches are mostly served with fries and at dinner the steak is also served with fries. So they would probably be able to get fries for kids.
kasii88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
xbatman
Mouseketeer

Location: Nittany Lion country, but then again, isn't everywhere Nittany Lion country?

In November, DD9 ordered the kid's steak at dinner and was able to sub steak fries for the kid's side.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

Have not been to be our guest .
But For several years we were able to get fires for our son in every TS resturant we ate in Disney . Including those that are concidered high end dining .

Every year for about 10 years we had dinner in San Angel in epoct and got fries no problem.

Last year when we asked our waiter apologizied profusely and told us that they were no longer able to do that. He blamed the dining plan which did not make sense to us.
We even asked for Papas fritas and were told no.

To say that a resturant located in the Magic Kingdom, that is based on a cartoon , is too high end to have french fries is just silly.

I think that lumiere and company would be happy to see a kid eating and the parents having a nice dinner.
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1182 View Post

I think that lumiere and company would be happy to see a kid eating and the parents having a nice dinner.
I happen to agree with you. But so far Disney is holding the line. And as noted, kids can get the "adult" fries, but they may not be what the child is used to or expecting. My personal opinion? That a family sits down in a nice environment and dines together is far more important than what is on the plate.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Just order a side of fries at lunch. They have fries for lunch. Forget about it being a kid's item, just order a regular side of fries. If you can't do that from the order kiosk ask a CM how to order a side of fries.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
tallygirl
Mouseketeer

We were there for lunch in March. I ordered a side of French fries for my granddaughter, it was $2.09. I just cleaned the receipts out of my bag in preparation for another trip is why I knew the exact price.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, this helps alot.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can get fries, but most of the time you have to ask for them. At dinner, they may not be the type of thin-cut fries you see at say, McDonalds. If they say you can't ask for them, you can buy a side of fries.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
CandiceH
Earning My Ears

they refused my DS (7) fries. . . .even the adult fries. Said the adults could have them, but DS could not. But he could have cold whole wheat pasta swimming in congealing melted butter (he doesn't eat tomato sauce). Sounds appetizing, no?

They DID hear from me about this and the customer service rep who called me back said it made no sense to her and she was going to look into it.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceH View Post
they refused my DS (7) fries. . . .even the adult fries. Said the adults could have them, but DS could not. But he could have cold whole wheat pasta swimming in congealing melted butter (he doesn't eat tomato sauce). Sounds appetizing, no?

They DID hear from me about this and the customer service rep who called me back said it made no sense to her and she was going to look into it.
I suppose this was on the dining plan? Otherwise I cannot imagine them refusing to sell you a side of fries...

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Ate dinner there 2 weeks ago with our kids. Fries were offered with their dinner as an alternative to garden veggies but you have to specify this when you order. They were truffle fries ( ie fried with truffle oil) which were delicious to adults and kids alike ! They had ketchup too, just served in a nice dish. The entrees weren't the most kid friendly, but they definitely had fries (not sweet potato on our visit, just regular fries).
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceH View Post
But he could have cold whole wheat pasta swimming in congealing melted butter
Is this the way it was worded on the menu?
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: