Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
KTBMay52
Earning My Ears

Star Wars attraction development seems to be confirmed.

I'm normally a compulsive lurker, but this was so exciting I was to post.

.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/d23-expo-to-offer-first-look-at-new-star-wars-avatar-attractions-for-disney-parks-plus-captain-america-virtual-rides/

( sorry about the not real link, I've got a low post count due to my incessant lurking. It's a main story on Inside the Magic)

It doesn't seem that we know where this attraction will go, but there is confirmation that a Star Wars attraction is in development.

Thoughts?

Geaux Tigers! LSU Alumni

Who Dat! Geaux Saints!
KTBMay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Q-man
DIS Veteran

I little help for ya.

It is D23 related stuff.

Quote:
Star Wars, Avatar, and Marvel

Among the biggest projects to be featured will be “teasers for new attractions based on Avatar and Star Wars” that are currently in development. The fact that Disney has admitted working on new Star Wars-based attractions is news unto itself...

...In addition, Captain America will be meeting and greeting with guests in the Imagineering pavilion as a preview of Marvel’s Avengers Academy, debuting on the reimagined Disney Magic in October as Disney’s first permanent Marvel-based attraction.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...virtual-rides/

Last edited by Q-man; 07-24-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
KTBMay52
Earning My Ears

Much appreciated .

As a complete Star Wars fan, this is awesome. Slightly less awesome if it ends up at DCA/ DL, but still awesome.

Geaux Tigers! LSU Alumni

Who Dat! Geaux Saints!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
sfbntpc
Earning My Ears

Where do you think the Avengers Training Academy will be at the parks?
sfbntpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbntpc View Post
Not in the parks, it's on a cruise ship. Maybe eventually in DCA, I'd guess, but will likely roll out to the other ships first. Will likely never be in WDW.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbntpc View Post
Universal owns the Marvel rights east of the Mississippi river. Looks like the lawyers found a loophole by putting it on a cruise ship.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
KTBMay52
Earning My Ears

If anyone can find the loophole, it would be the army of Disney lawyers. I'd imagine too that it would be an easier attraction to get onto a ship rather than a tradition ride-like experience.

Geaux Tigers! LSU Alumni

Who Dat! Geaux Saints!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Happy to hear about a star wars attraction! it will be a welcome addition to dhs!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I was recently on the ABD Backstage Magic tour of imagineering. We tried to get information out of them about what's coming. When the question came up of "Are there any Star Wars attractions being developed?" the imagineer answered with "I can't say....but it's Star Wars." and gave us a smile.

Even so, I don't need anyone to confirm that they are DEVELOPING attractions around Star Wars - the only question would be when and to what extent they would become reality.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

In honestly hope they do any new Star Wars attraction with deep thought. Should one be built, I really hope they choose a good place for it, and put some real thought into it. Honestly, what else could they do, that works? Imo, the only next step for another Star Wars ride would be one with the same system as the HP attraction. Another simulator of any type would be bland.

Personally, I'd like to see the Muppets get an update, given they're in a middle of a revival. Now that said, it'd make sense to announce a Star Wars attraction so it opens in sync with the new movie.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Universal owns the Marvel rights east of the Mississippi river. Looks like the lawyers found a loophole by putting it on a cruise ship.
Sweet!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Shouldn't be too hard. If "east of the Mississippi" were meant to go beyond the coast, it would effectly be the whole planet, since everything east of the Mississippi to the west bank of the Mississippi are "east of the Mississippi".
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBMay52 View Post
I'm normally a compulsive lurker, but this was so exciting I was to post.

.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/d23-expo-to-offer-first-look-at-new-star-wars-avatar-attractions-for-disney-parks-plus-captain-america-virtual-rides/

( sorry about the not real link, I've got a low post count due to my incessant lurking. It's a main story on Inside the Magic)

It doesn't seem that we know where this attraction will go, but there is confirmation that a Star Wars attraction is in development.

Thoughts?
There has been an update to this article...

"Update – /Film spoke with Imagineering who made it very clear that they will not be announcing any new Star Wars attractions at the D23 Expo and any “clues” or “teases” they are hinting will merely be the fact that they are indeed working on something, leaving it at that."
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
KTBMay52
Earning My Ears

That's all I took away from the original Disney Insider article. There has been only speculation until this point as to whether there would be development of another SW attraction/ experience, much less a SW "land". Now we know there is at least something in development. I have a feeling there won't be specific on whatever get developed until much closer to the Episode VII release. Nothing like a good movie tie-in.

Geaux Tigers! LSU Alumni

Who Dat! Geaux Saints!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

From what I heard star wars to WDW. Marvel DL... projects to come over a ten year plan over a billion dollars each.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: