Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

As others have mentioned - be careful with how you define *best bang for your buck on the Dining Plan* - We have used and loved the Dining Plan many times over - and it is important not to look at it $ for $$ when choosing a place.
Example:
One trip we used 1 TS for The Plaza and MK and 1 TS for Tony's.

In terms of $ value - Tony's was the winner...but we did NOT enjoy it at all.
The Plaza on the other hand is not considered the best financial choice for a TS credit, but we loved our meal.

Given a chance to use a TS credit again, we would choose The Plaza as the winner for *Best Use of A TS Credit".

The most important thing when choosing any Dining Plan - is to do your research. Check out the menus, see what kind of place appeals to you in terms of food and atmosphere.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Oh my gosh, so many replies, and I want to acknowledge them all!

I know I meant this as a 'bang for your buck' set up, but in all honesty, even if one place was the best in terms of $ for the DDP, if it doesn't have food we're going to eat there's no point in even considering it. So no worries- I'm not going to start shoveling steaks down my throat when I'm a chicken gal!

Quote:
Honestly, I think having one or two Signature (2 credit) restaurants is bang for your buck because for a lot people, it's not the type of restaurant they would be willing to pay OOP for.

That being said, buffets and dinners vs lunches are a good value. Restaurants I would stay away from using credits for would be Beaches and Cream and Trail's End.
Dully noted. Any reason why Beaches and Cream and Trail's End? I've never been to either, but then again I didn't know of them, too.

Quote:
Breakfast at CP before the park opens. It's magical walking into the MK before everyone else has arrived. Plus when you're done eating you've got a jump start on the crowds with lines and fast passes. Even if Pooh isn't your style, the breakfast is pretty darn good. .
Pooh is DEFINITELY our style! More me than him; I've got a Pooh plushie and a Tigger plushie that have to stay on my bed or I get twitchy. This is a GREAT idea! I had thought about Chef Mickey one morning, but maybe I'll do CP for Pooh instead...

Quote:
All the restaurants have nice (expensive, bang for your buck) meals.

We enjoy the experiences as much as the food. I'd focus more on that, rather than getting the most for my $$.

This is what I would do..... I would get reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest, for sure. If possible at this point. I could recommend an entire week of suggestions, but am sticking to, what I consider to be, the hilights.

My husband and I usually enjoy one signature meal per trip, it may use extra meal credit from your dining plan but....... We LOVE the Sci Fi Dine in Theater and Beaches and Cream, and pay ca$h for these (table service) locations because they are definitely reasonably priced and definitely NOT the most bang for my buck. We use the meal credits saved, and put them toward the signature restaurant.

As a side note, I do not believe LeCellier is worth shelling out 2 credits for a signature meal. My entire family has always enjoyed Chefs de France. Their filet mignon and accompaniments are superior to Le Cellier.... in addition to the other dishes which are better quality also.So, while in Epcot, there are so many choices of great restaurants, I wouldn't go out of my way to spend 2 credits in this park.
Wow, I really started rambling, sorry
Unfortunately, Cinderella is totally taken at this point, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for that as I still REALLY want to go. BOG is on our list, though, and I'm doing the reservation thing now to make sure it's all set in stone for us.

Le Cellier wasn't even on our radar, tbh. Just didn't appeal to DBF or me, but Chefs de France we could visit again. Went there in '12 and it was lovely.

Quote:
We like Mama Melrose's and Via Napoli for italian food (Via Napoli is more authentic I think).

You should try 'Ohana, you DBF will flip for the shrimp, plus there is also beef, pork, and chicken too, plus side dishes. It's also a pretty fun experience.
'Ohana is on our list. We both carry a huge love for Stitch, so it was a no-brainer to go to 'Ohana, plus I heard it's a great place to do for allergy type dining. (And the DBF will devour shrimp!)

Via Napoli is the new pizza shop, correct? We did try the new pizza place, and loved it so much it's a must to go back for new things to try.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Dully noted. Any reason why Beaches and Cream and Trail's End? I've never been to either, but then again I didn't know of them, too.
The reasons not to use credits at these in my opinion would be that they are relatively good bargains, so if you are going to pay OOP for something, these are good ones to pay for. Trail's End for dinner is one of our favorite WDW meals, so this is another case where even though it isn't the most expensive, it is a great way for us to use a TS credit. If we were low on credits though, it is one we'd pay for.

Another good option for 1 credit at AK is Tusker House. We did lunch, but there was a lot of good food and huge variety.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post

'Ohana is on our list. We both carry a huge love for Stitch, so it was a no-brainer to go to 'Ohana, plus I heard it's a great place to do for allergy type dining. (And the DBF will devour shrimp!)

Via Napoli is the new pizza shop, correct? We did try the new pizza place, and loved it so much it's a must to go back for new things to try.
'Ohana has characters only for breakfast, different menu/food. Dinner is loaded with meat including the shrimp.

Via Napoli is relatively new, yes. Love their quattro formaggio pizza.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
Breakfast at CP before the park opens. It's magical walking into the MK before everyone else has arrived. Plus when you're done eating you've got a jump start on the crowds with lines and fast passes. Even if Pooh isn't your style, the breakfast is pretty darn good. .
Definitely agree with this!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
The reasons not to use credits at these in my opinion would be that they are relatively good bargains, so if you are going to pay OOP for something, these are good ones to pay for. Trail's End for dinner is one of our favorite WDW meals, so this is another case where even though it isn't the most expensive, it is a great way for us to use a TS credit. If we were low on credits though, it is one we'd pay for.

Another good option for 1 credit at AK is Tusker House. We did lunch, but there was a lot of good food and huge variety.
I agree. Trails End and Beaches and Cream are less expensive.
If you want to maximize your DP credits, look for the more expensive dinner buffets, like Boma, Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Biergarten, or some of the more expensive sit-down places, Yak & Yeti, Teppan Edo, Tutto, Chefs de France, Via Napoli, etc.

Tags
credits, disney dining plan, prices, table service, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: