Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

One thing to be aware of. During our stay at BLT last October, everytime we boarded the monorail from the CR, the CMs at the monorail did tell every guest with a stroller to remove their children from the stroller and fold it up because the monorail was crowded. Just coming from the MK where it fills up and going to the TTC where lots of guests get off, you might have to close up your stroller. A good reason to walk to the MK from the CR/BLT.

We used the monorail from the CR to connect to the Epcot monorail at the TTC since we were there for F&W Festival.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
magicmike200
Earning My Ears

We love the Poly. We were on the third floor of Samoa and the elevator was tight but OK for the 5 of us, including a single stroller. Ground floor of Samoa would be perfect if you will stay in a standard view room, so it's something to request.

Since the buildings are each pretty small, there are never any crowds at the longhouse elevators.

You do need to take an elevator to get to the monorail, but there was never any wait, and if it is crowded at the elevators, just one adult needs to take the elevator and everyone else can take the stairs right next to it. My older kids loved racing us.
magicmike200 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #33
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
One thing to be aware of. During our stay at BLT last October, everytime we boarded the monorail from the CR, the CMs at the monorail did tell every guest with a stroller to remove their children from the stroller and fold it up because the monorail was crowded. Just coming from the MK where it fills up and going to the TTC where lots of guests get off, you might have to close up your stroller. A good reason to walk to the MK from the CR/BLT.

We used the monorail from the CR to connect to the Epcot monorail at the TTC since we were there for F&W Festival.
I guess we are lucky but we tend to go during the slower times and the monorail was not crowded. If so oh well the kids can get out but at least it won't be a 20 bus ride with a CRAZY driver
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #34
mike45248
Mouseketeer

Poly is my vote

I have stayed in CR and Poly, not BLT so I can't comment on that one,but with kids at the other 2. Yes the walk over was not bad from CR, but hated to wait for the small elevator to get to the platform for the monorail. Morning/lunch/dining/closing times horrible. Better to break it down and get them to wake up and take the escalator. Depending on the location of longhouse it can be a walk to TTC. Request Tahiti witch is close to the TTC and can take either the Monorail or boat over. Tahiti will be further from the GCH is the only problem with that. IF you do stay at CR and you get in the wing it will be a long walk to MK and you will be stuck taking the monorail because of the long walk so it defeats the added advantage of staying at CR.
mike45248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
On our way home from our first trip to Disney now. We absolutely hated our resort(POR) but DH fell in love with the monorail resorts (I think the concept of them). What would be the best one to book with 2 kids (3 and almost 2) at the time of travel? We are looking at going in January 2014. Thanks!
Our first onsite visit with the girls was at the Swan when they were 11 months and 33 months. It was for a medical conference and we thought it would be a good reasonably priced way to get our feet wet to doing Disney with children. It hooked us. Three months later we were back, at the Contemporary as a combination birthday (oldest turned three) and reward for giving up the Pull Ups for good. (you do what you have to, right?) The wing rooms were a reasonable option for us, we had a double stroller, front and back type, and never had any real elevator issues. I could see the side by side ones being a pill though. The wing rooms became our "home away from home" when they were little, although we have stayed at all of the MK resorts. Another recommendation would be Wilderness Lodge. Not on the monorail but you have a nice large boat that you can roll the stroller onto. It goes to Ft Wilderness and MK. IF you want to go to the CR there is a small resort launch that will take you there but strollers have to be folded as it's really small.
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #36
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post

Our first onsite visit with the girls was at the Swan when they were 11 months and 33 months. It was for a medical conference and we thought it would be a good reasonably priced way to get our feet wet to doing Disney with children. It hooked us. Three months later we were back, at the Contemporary as a combination birthday (oldest turned three) and reward for giving up the Pull Ups for good. (you do what you have to, right?) The wing rooms were a reasonable option for us, we had a double stroller, front and back type, and never had any real elevator issues. I could see the side by side ones being a pill though. The wing rooms became our "home away from home" when they were little, although we have stayed at all of the MK resorts. Another recommendation would be Wilderness Lodge. Not on the monorail but you have a nice large boat that you can roll the stroller onto. It goes to Ft Wilderness and MK. IF you want to go to the CR there is a small resort launch that will take you there but strollers have to be folded as it's really small.
Haha this is what this trip was for DD getting potty trained! I was the only thing that appealed to her and bribery works wonders with her. We might do BLT if the parents come just for ease of everyone being together . I just want dates from DH so I can start planning and hopefully put down a deposit for a room .
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

Haha this is what this trip was for DD getting potty trained! I was the only thing that appealed to her and bribery works wonders with her. We might do BLT if the parents come just for ease of everyone being together . I just want dates from DH so I can start planning and hopefully put down a deposit for a room .
I was terrible, she had been potty trained but regressed when her sister was born. She was taking forever so on that Swan stay as we rode the monorail through the CR she had a fit over the hotel. I told her that when she gave up the Pull Ups we would stay there. Three months later we were back!
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #38
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post

I was terrible, she had been potty trained but regressed when her sister was born. She was taking forever so on that Swan stay as we rode the monorail through the CR she had a fit over the hotel. I told her that when she gave up the Pull Ups we would stay there. Three months later we were back!
Haha! Whatever works is my theory. Now I am trying to figure out a bribe for my son when it is his turn to go potty training. Hopefully he will be into pirates and we can bribe him into the pirates and pals fireworks trip
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #39
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

I highly suggest the Poly. It is the only resort we have stayed in, so I don't have much to compare to. The Poly was absolutely amazing though. In my opinion you can't beat the ease and convenience of the monorail. We stayed in the Tahiti longhouse, and we loved the location. It was quiet, the TPV was amazing, and it was a quick walk to TTC. Being close to TTC was our main goal, so that was our main reason for preferring Tahiti.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: