Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
You can just check the 'pay in cash' box on your KTTW account. They will use all the OBC first, and then if you have charges, after a certain amount is reached ($300? $500?) they'll send you a message or call and tell you to put some money on it. If you never get a call, just go to GS on or before the last night and settle up.

Nancy
It's $300 they'll extend then you need to pay in order to be able to keep charging on your KTTW card.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

OP, did you have airline luggage fees? That happened to my parents. They were paying cash & settled up the night before. They got a letter after arriving home saying they owed $ for luggage fees. They were flying 1st class & knew they wouldn't have luggage fees so it took some time to straighten it all out but it was a pain.
Now they know if they fly FC they need to tell GS the last night so they're not charged luggage fees.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #18
lbatesetc
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You can just check the 'pay in cash' box on your KTTW account. They will use all the OBC first, and then if you have charges, after a certain amount is reached ($300? $500?) they'll send you a message or call and tell you to put some money on it. If you never get a call, just go to GS on or before the last night and settle up.

Nancy
The grand kids would be having their own gift cards, and would only want their charges to come out of their cards.
lbatesetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #19
dpswift
DIS Veteran

From the sounds of it you are short $189? Could the pillow have fallen under the bed and gotten lost?
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:

Nancy
That's perfect, thank you!

* 12/2014 Fantasy & BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpswift View Post
From the sounds of it you are short $189? Could the pillow have fallen under the bed and gotten lost?
exactly $100(which is what OP stated) =/= $189.

While I get the attempt at humor, it's kinda off base.

DynamicDisneyDuo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
exactly $100(which is what OP stated) =/= $189.

While I get the attempt at humor, it's kinda off base.
I don't think it was an attempt at humor...OP indicated they had a credit balance of $89, then hit with a $100 fee after debarkation. 89+100=189. But I believe the red pillow is $250 so that doesn't fit the charge, either.

OP, did you do onboard airline check-in? DCL will charge the standard luggage fees for your airline even if you "qualify" for free luggage unless you stop by Guest Services to show the proof your luggage is free. Or could you have had an overweight suitcase?
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
I don't think it was an attempt at humor...OP indicated they had a credit balance of $89, then hit with a $100 fee after debarkation. 89+100=189. But I believe the red pillow is $250 so that doesn't fit the charge, either.

OP had an $89 credit, as in money that is due them and not due DCL. I also doubt DCL would charge for one item in 2 charges. That wouldn't make any sense but I will stipulate that companies do things that don't make sense all the time.

DynamicDisneyDuo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nancy
That's exactly what we do. We always set up a cash account for various reasons. They will notify you at check in at the port that you have a cash account and explain how the limit works. You can also opt to apply a debit/credit card at the port or on board if you change your mind.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

The original post is from May 17th, and the OP never came back. Hasn't posted much since then, either.

The post was bumped up yesterday with a question about giftcards, but I bet the OP's situation has been worked out since then.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #26
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

On the flip side, I received a $284.00 CREDIT on my CC quite a long time after my cruise, and they STILL couldn't tell me what it was for.. So it goes both ways..they don't know why you are charged and they also don't know why you are credited..seems like a broken system to me.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Worth noting although perhaps not applicable here, although our accounts have always looked/seemed square upon disembarkation, the time it takes for the payment to process thru has been considerable - maybe up to 2 weeks? Also, we've had the airline/luggage thing pop up as well and it's a nice round number like yours

sambycat is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: