Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Swagbucks & MyPoints...what all can you pay for your trip using gift cards earned?

I was just sitting here thinking about next year's trip to Disney. It will be a very budget trip as I have other plans for most of our money next year. So I started thinking how I could try to alleviate some of the expense as DS is an adult next year (will be 18!) and DD is now 3 so will have to pay for her. Having never had to pay for more than one kid, I got a little bit of sticker shock! We are Florida residents and I plan to get seasonal passes.

Anyway, I thought I could earn some gas gift cards to help with that cost.
I was thinking some restaurant cards to pay for food while traveling.
T Rex and Rain Forest Cafe gift cards to pay for a meal or two while there.

We always stay offsite the night before checking in. I have recently started using Priceline for that but was wondering if anyone knew of a way to pay for that with gift cards earned too.

And any other suggestions to either help myself or someone else looking to supplement their trip?
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Candace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm761 View Post
I was just sitting here thinking about next year's trip to Disney. It will be a very budget trip as I have other plans for most of our money next year. So I started thinking how I could try to alleviate some of the expense as DS is an adult next year (will be 18!) and DD is now 3 so will have to pay for her. Having never had to pay for more than one kid, I got a little bit of sticker shock! We are Florida residents and I plan to get seasonal passes.

Anyway, I thought I could earn some gas gift cards to help with that cost.
I was thinking some restaurant cards to pay for food while traveling.
T Rex and Rain Forest Cafe gift cards to pay for a meal or two while there.

We always stay offsite the night before checking in. I have recently started using Priceline for that but was wondering if anyone knew of a way to pay for that with gift cards earned too.

And any other suggestions to either help myself or someone else looking to supplement their trip?

Marriott gift cards can be used at Marriott Village near DTD. I also get gift cards for other restaurants nearby, but off property, like Macaroni Grill, Chilis, etc. The prepaid Visa cards can be used for anything, but they require so many more points than the others.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

You can use swagbucks for paypal credit. It is deposited directly into your paypal account. Then you can transfer it to your bank account or spend directly from paypal.
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

I get Walgreens Gift Cards and then go to Walgreens and use that gift card to buy Disney Gift Cards. Not sure if all Walgreens allow this but mine does.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Disfamily0405
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
I get Walgreens Gift Cards and then go to Walgreens and use that gift card to buy Disney Gift Cards. Not sure if all Walgreens allow this but mine does.
if your Walgreens doesn't allow this (some don't) you can get Target gift cards to get Disney Gift Cards, I know they let you.
Disfamily0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

These are all my earnings things:

iPhone: wickets, ride app, bzzagent, field agent, shopkick, app trailers, bamboo wallet/juno wallet,checkpoints and viggle.
Computer: swag bucks, inbox dollars, mypoints, quick rewards, and memolink.

I get a variety of gift cards and cash to PayPal.

I'd say I'm pulling about $40/month total. Is it a ton: no, could I earn more: yes. But I devote as much time as I feel like I want to at this time. I earn more in the winter, less in the summer.

The majority of the money I use to get gift cards to target to turn them into Disney gift cards. For the PayPal money I put it in my checking account and use my Target red card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

You can get gas cards, there are Marriott and Hyatt cards. I am saving for Southwest cards on SB On MP I usually get Landry's cards or gas cards. I thought about hotel cards but we will probably stay on-site, but between SB and MP you could get a nice amount for Marriott or Hyatt.

You can always get Amazon cards and get stuff you might need for your trip. I got new sandals for our last trip and tons of other stuff for previous trips - I can always find something at Amazon!

If you have meals off site check out what restaurants you might visit and see if they have cards.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

I also do Uniquerewards. You go to the clicks section and each one is worth .01. You need $20 to cash out but I can usually cash out in about 1 month. They pay to paypal. They pay every Monday and have been really prompt with payment.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

I get amazon the most from swagbucks, the reason is it's the cheapest prize. Then I buy almost everything there and that cash saved goes in the trip fund.(things like snacks for the kids in bulk, toilet paper, batteries etc. anything I would buy for the house each month, I buy for "free" with my swagbucks amazon cards, so $30-40 a month doesn't come out of the house budget) My kids are in school all day so I have time to work all the programs. I get target and landry's from mypoints. I use the target to buy disney cards or again to buy house stuff and that cash saved goes in the trip fund.

Landry's gift cards and just about anything else is cheaper on swagbucks than mypoints but mypoints is a little less work for me. So I just cash out of there less often.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Disfamily0405
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post

iPhone: wickets, ride app, bzzagent, field agent, shopkick, app trailers, bamboo wallet/juno wallet,checkpoints and viggle.

I'd say I'm pulling about $40/month total. Is it a ton: no, could I earn more: yes. But I devote as much time as I feel like I want to at this time. I earn more in the winter, less in the summer.

The majority of the money I use to get gift cards to target to turn them into Disney gift cards. For the PayPal money I put it in my checking account and use my Target red card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.
I don't know if you know this but swag bucks has a mobile app to watch videos, there is a limit of 50 swag bucks per day that is different from the swag bucks tv on the computer so you can do both.
Disfamily0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
kahblue
Mouseketeer

I use Sunshine Rewards also. If you were to qualify for all their surveys each day, it would be about $8.25. Plus, you can earn money for listening to free radio!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Do the have the TV app for iphones now?...they didnt when I switched from an android to iphone about a year ago...

I use Sunshine rewards to earn disney giftcards...they just added radio loyalty...listen to the radio earn money...its like .01 ever 7-10 min so not a ton but not hard to earn
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfamily0405 View Post

I don't know if you know this but swag bucks has a mobile app to watch videos, there is a limit of 50 swag bucks per day that is different from the swag bucks tv on the computer so you can do both.
I did know that, but great idea sharing with everyone else! Since I work in IT the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer longer than I do now

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post

I know I am really digging up an old thread here, but do you know if the Disney GC on App Trailers is the regular version or the story only version?
DisneyEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

Any time I am cashing in rewards points for anything I just get gas cards. I spend $100-150 a WEEK! on gas. I get a $50 gas card and $50 of that week's gas money goes into whatever else extra I need to pay for (vacation fund, debt payment, clothes for the kids, savings, whatever that is no funds for in the budget.)

EDIT:
Quote:
I know I am really digging up an old thread here...
Whoops, thought this was a new thread...
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: