Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Ar1el
DIS Veteran

Airlines

What airlines do you use the most?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Delta

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Jet Blue. I'm glad I have the option. It is the only airline I will fly on provided it goes where I am going.

Particularly with children, the increased leg room (car seats actually fit), the picked and guaranteed seat selection, the staff that aren't surly, the lack of cattle call or being crammed in like sardines, are far more valuable than the few dollars off I could probably get for pricelining, say, a Delta flight.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Southwest

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

We fly Jetblue regularly.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

whatever is cheapest.I live in Central PA and often I need to find the cheapest flight out of here since driving to Newark NJ ,Philly or Baltimore isn't much cheaper to warrant the cost of travel and long term parking.We used to use Airtran since they were cheapest and flew direct.They pulled out of Harrisburg last year.They have Allegiant and Frontier which can be cheaper, but they only fly certain days and often don't fit our schedule..This next trip is Delta.It was cheapest and though it is not a direct flight, it still got us into Florida almost 8 hrs before the other flights
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Ar1el
DIS Veteran

OP here. Thanks for all the responses. We usually use Airtran as they have been the cheapest but I did see that American Airlines is cheaper for the time we are going. I have never used American Airlines. Also the plane going down is the airbus( I think that is what it is called). I think I heard they were having problems? We can also use Spirit as we are close to Atlantic City Airport but I have never used them either. Also with that, the flight time going down is good but not coming back. Do any of you use Orbitz, Priceline, etc to find flights or do you go right to the Airlines website? I have always just gone right to Airtran's website and booked off of the site.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
JessM
We all have a dream

Southwest and JetBlue. We only have small airport near me and Southwest and Jetblue have the best connections. From BWI (Southwest) and JetBlue (JFK) we can get anywhere with just the one stop
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar1el View Post
OP here. Thanks for all the responses. We usually use Airtran as they have been the cheapest but I did see that American Airlines is cheaper for the time we are going. I have never used American Airlines. Also the plane going down is the airbus( I think that is what it is called). I think I heard they were having problems? We can also use Spirit as we are close to Atlantic City Airport but I have never used them either. Also with that, the flight time going down is good but not coming back. Do any of you use Orbitz, Priceline, etc to find flights or do you go right to the Airlines website? I have always just gone right to Airtran's website and booked off of the site.
We usually fly Southwest as it is usually the least expensive for us. I use points earned on both the free courtesy card they offer and credit card. We have flown Air Tran and JetBlue. Love the tv's, but the cost usually is a deterrent. We also prefer to fly from a certain airport and SW seems to be the easiest there.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Southwest. It is the only airline that flies nonstop from here.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Jet Blue whenever possible. Will avoid SW at all costs. On our first trip to WDW in '10 my wife and daughter(8) found 2 seats together and then my son (6) and I were seperated. Across the aisle and he was one row behind me, I couldn't find 2 seats togetherfor he and I and the stewardesses said it wasn't their job to find seating for travellers.

Last time I gave a cent to SW and I make a point to share my experience with friends/family/co-workers. I've turned quite a few people on to Jet Blue as a result.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
Ar1el
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
Jet Blue whenever possible. Will avoid SW at all costs. On our first trip to WDW in '10 my wife and daughter(8) found 2 seats together and then my son (6) and I were seperated. Across the aisle and he was one row behind me, I couldn't find 2 seats togetherfor he and I and the stewardesses said it wasn't their job to find seating for travellers.

Last time I gave a cent to SW and I make a point to share my experience with friends/family/co-workers. I've turned quite a few people on to Jet Blue as a result.
Wow that is horrible. My children are 9,6, and 2. I could not imagine any of them not sitting next to myself or my husband. I know my 6 year old would not have gone for that. Sorry you had to experience that.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar1el View Post
Wow that is horrible. My children are 9,6, and 2. I could not imagine any of them not sitting next to myself or my husband. I know my 6 year old would not have gone for that. Sorry you had to experience that.
We were fortunate that the single seat we found for him was with a grandmother and her grandson, approx the same age as mine, were going to WDW too. The boys sat next to each other and had plenty to chat about and watched a movie on her ipad. Situation could have been much different but I vowed to never be put in that situation again.

Aside from that, JB is far superior in service and experience that it's worth the extra money.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Southwest as they usually have plenty of choices for nonstop flights from here. There’s usually a nice variety of departure times too. We’ve flown early in the morning and after school. Plus being able to check the bags for free usually makes them the cheapest for me even after I add the money for early bird check-in.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Delta. They have the most direct flights from the closest three airports to me. Southwest used to have alot out here, and we have previously flown with them, but the 'cattle call' boarding system is crap.

I also will only book directly with the airlines. I know I can often fight flights for a bit cheaper on a travel website, but after having worked at an airline call center for a few months, the money you save is not very helpful when you get stuck in traffic and your discount site won't let you change your booking.

2003(Offsite, with my high school LifeSmarts team!) ~ September 13-22, 2013 (Ft. Wilderness) ~ Maybe September 2015?
QueenQueso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: