Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #31
jess20k
DIS Veteran

I loved the salmon, it was delicious! I also ordered the salad for an appetizer, and the dressing was sooooo good!!

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I would go back just to get the mussels appetizer. It was awesome. Plus beer.

The Cornish hen is off the menu. It's now a chicken breast. Wasn't crazy about the Cornish hen when I had it. It wasn't bad but it was kind of boring, needed seasoning.
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I would go back just to get the mussels appetizer. It was awesome.

The Cornish hen is off the menu. It's now a chicken breast. Wasn't crazy about the Cornish hen when I had it. It wasn't bad but it was kind of boring, needed seasoning.
I hope the chicken is bigger than the Cornish hen. I actually laughed when it was put down on the table.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Pop View Post
I agree the steak was definitely great both times I ordered it. In order to get the "Grey Stuff" you need to be celebrating a special occasion. It is a tiny serving.
This really depends on your server--- we were able to get the "Grey Stuff" the other nite (others around us did as well), just by asking -

tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #35
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Regarding the Cornish Hen at BOG, Josh at easyWDW tweeted earlier today that it is still on the menu and the chicken breast is not. He said that you could order the chicken, though, and the server told him that they're testing it for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #36
ellone
DIS Veteran

We only ate there once for dinner -this past Wednesday - and we were unimpressed. My daughter got the steak and it had a lot of gristle - she wouldn't eat it. I got the Cornish Hen and while the seasoning was fine it was a tad dry. My husband got the steak and didn't like it. He says we make better steaks at home. He actually sent his fries back because they were too salty and he can handle more salt on his food than I can.

Dessert cupcakes were fine though.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
mommy2twocuties
Earning My Ears

What is the gray stuff?
mommy2twocuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

They were testing a chicken breast last week with what sounds like a puttanesca sauce (plum tomatoes, anchovies and black olives).
L&Lfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Love, love, LOVE the strawberry cheesecake cupcake!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Well we have 31 days left! Guess I will just have to wait to see what the poultry selection is
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10
Carlyzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #41
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Oh Fudge, the only thing on menu my son would choose would be the cornish hen....I have it booked twice in Nov. may have to cancel one now.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #42
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
Oh Fudge, the only thing on menu my son would choose would be the cornish hen....I have it booked twice in Nov. may have to cancel one now.
I wouldn't cancel it yet. As PP's and I mentioned earlier, there are conflicting reports about whether or not the Cornish Hen has been replaced. Josh at easyWDW tweeted a picture yesterday of the menu that still had it on there. It seems that they're still testing whether the Chicken Provenšal will make the menu.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #43
dmmichelle
Mouseketeer

Smile Loved BOG!

My family (me, dh, son 15 son 11 and my mom and dad) visited MK in April for the day (we were visiting my folks in New Smyrna Beach). I actually booked BOG at the 180 mark before we had our travel plans finalized hoping we would be able to drive up for the day.

So after a great day at the park we had dinner reservations for 5:45. We had a very short wait after we checked in and sat at a table for 6 in the main ballroom. Absolutely beautiful!

Two of us had the pork chop and the other 4 had the seafood puff pastry. We all loved our food and like many previous posters have stated, the macaroni side Dish with the pork was really amazing. My dh had the mussels for an appetizer, my two boys shared the charcuterie plate, and the rest of us had the salad. Again, everyone was very happy. Very fresh, hot and delicious and unique flavours. I would say of the three, the mussels were especially good!

For dessert I think we had 3 flavours - chocolate, strawberry, and another kind (I forget)! But they were all fantastic! Very fresh, moist and flavourful.

The coffee was the best coffee we've ever had (maybe with the exception of lue Mountain coffee in Jamaica) so that is saying a lot.

But really the restaurant is the star of the show. The food was wonderful and so fresh but the details of the restaurant, the snow falling outside, and meeting the Beast after our dinner all made the dinner extraordinary. It was expensive but absolutely worth it in our opinion as it was a special experience. My mom and dad have not been to Disney in probably 25 years soot was a very special day for all of us - topped off with one of the most memorable and special meals I have ever experienced!
dmmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #44
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmichelle View Post
My family (me, dh, son 15 son 11 and my mom and dad) visited MK in April for the day (we were visiting my folks in New Smyrna Beach). I actually booked BOG at the 180 mark before we had our travel plans finalized hoping we would be able to drive up for the day.

So after a great day at the park we had dinner reservations for 5:45. We had a very short wait after we checked in and sat at a table for 6 in the main ballroom. Absolutely beautiful!

Two of us had the pork chop and the other 4 had the seafood puff pastry. We all loved our food and like many previous posters have stated, the macaroni side Dish with the pork was really amazing. My dh had the mussels for an appetizer, my two boys shared the charcuterie plate, and the rest of us had the salad. Again, everyone was very happy. Very fresh, hot and delicious and unique flavours. I would say of the three, the mussels were especially good!

For dessert I think we had 3 flavours - chocolate, strawberry, and another kind (I forget)! But they were all fantastic! Very fresh, moist and flavourful.

The coffee was the best coffee we've ever had (maybe with the exception of lue Mountain coffee in Jamaica) so that is saying a lot.

But really the restaurant is the star of the show. The food was wonderful and so fresh but the details of the restaurant, the snow falling outside, and meeting the Beast after our dinner all made the dinner extraordinary. It was expensive but absolutely worth it in our opinion as it was a special experience. My mom and dad have not been to Disney in probably 25 years soot was a very special day for all of us - topped off with one of the most memorable and special meals I have ever experienced!
Wow! Great review! Thanks so much. I am more excited than ever. Sound like the pork chop is something I'd like!!
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10
Carlyzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twocuties View Post
What is the gray stuff?
According to most reports it is a very small portion whipped cookies-and-cream flavored panna cotta. This is given to guests at dinner only (not at lunch) who are celebrating something. If you're not celebrating something, you can ask, but you may not get it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: