Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
huffjoann
DIS Veteran

Dropping off @ P Canaveral & then parking

I don't really remember this part since we were shuttled last trip, but in Port Canaveral can my hubby drop off DD & I and the luggage right at the check in gate and go back around and park the car?

Yes I realize it will cost me a bit more to park in port vs a shuttle from one of the hotels but our experience with a cranky shuttle driver last year and having to wait in the hot sun when you are TIRED for an hour isn't my idea of fun, then they expect a tip both ways,,,

Just wanted to add this here since I was reading about the sky walk,, can well do security thru that with our luggage? maybe he needs to dump us out by that? is that feasible?

Pop Century 6/10; All Star Movies 6/11; off property 11/11; Dream 5/24/12 3 night;
Dream 5/26/13 4 night; Magic TBA

Last edited by huffjoann; 05-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.
huffjoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Yes you can get dropped off, no problem at all.

Don't forget to tip the luggage people though ... I always think my tips go towards helping with their medical costs when they all have to retire with bad backs!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
beach baby
Mouseketeer

Yes you can. We just did this last week. You'll go through security and meet him upstairs in the terminal. He'll go through security after going through the skywalk from the garage to the terminal. We dropped off our luggage and parked the car together.

As a side note, we've done the park offsite thing and the rental return/pick-up thing as well. Much prefer to park at the port. We stayed at Fairfield Inn in Titusville, about 20 minutes North of the port off rt.95. They offer a coupon for 40% off parking at the port. The hotel was wonderful, very friendly and incredibly clean inside and out! So clean that it didn't bother me to walk on the carpet barefoot! The carpet looked brand new! You would never know it wash't a brand new hotel. It was $120-something total including taxes for a king and I booked the night before we got there. It was very quiet as well and I had a great night's sleep. There's a free, hot breakfast which is adequate but not a grand buffet. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee. I can't remember if they had pancakes. But, there's a Cracker Barrel right next door if you need a bigger choice.There are also three other newer hotels in that area that offer the parking coupon. It was a very nice, clean town with all the last minute stores and food that you would want.. This will be where we stay from now on. It's a great alternative to the very well used and worn hotels in Canaveral and Cocoa Beach area. The convenience of the port parking, the discount coupon, along with the low price for the hotel makes this a winner.
beach baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We also prefer to park at the port, however, last time we used cruise parking instead. We were charged $2.99 per day, so the savings was significant and the service was quick both to and from the terminal.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
huffjoann
DIS Veteran

we are staying in Orlando the night before, we are going to Typhoon lagoon before hand as we have never had time to do that. Got a GREAT rate on room, at courtyard, the 2 nights were about the price of one at country inn in port! While the Country inn was nice and I would stay there again, I am loving the Orlando deal since I needed to be there.
I guess if hubby does the sky walk we can all just do that?

Pop Century 6/10; All Star Movies 6/11; off property 11/11; Dream 5/24/12 3 night;
Dream 5/26/13 4 night; Magic TBA
huffjoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Be sure to have the luggage tags on your luggage so when you pull up you can just drop your bags off. Also make sure that you have all the paperwork, passports with you and not packed. You may also want to rkae a carry on with bathing suites.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach baby View Post
Yes you can. We just did this last week. You'll go through security and meet him upstairs in the terminal. He'll go through security after going through the skywalk from the garage to the terminal. We dropped off our luggage and parked the car together.

As a side note, we've done the park offsite thing and the rental return/pick-up thing as well. Much prefer to park at the port. We stayed at Fairfield Inn in Titusville, about 20 minutes North of the port off rt.95. They offer a coupon for 40% off parking at the port. The hotel was wonderful, very friendly and incredibly clean inside and out! So clean that it didn't bother me to walk on the carpet barefoot! The carpet looked brand new! You would never know it wash't a brand new hotel. It was $120-something total including taxes for a king and I booked the night before we got there. It was very quiet as well and I had a great night's sleep. There's a free, hot breakfast which is adequate but not a grand buffet. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee. I can't remember if they had pancakes. But, there's a Cracker Barrel right next door if you need a bigger choice.There are also three other newer hotels in that area that offer the parking coupon. It was a very nice, clean town with all the last minute stores and food that you would want.. This will be where we stay from now on. It's a great alternative to the very well used and worn hotels in Canaveral and Cocoa Beach area. The convenience of the port parking, the discount coupon, along with the low price for the hotel makes this a winner.
We booked the same hotel, we will be there next weekend, 40% off coupon for parking at the port? Does Dinsey accept this and do I have to ask for the coupon?

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013
Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
beach baby
Mouseketeer

Yes, ask for the coupon. They asked for proof of the cruise, but when I told them it was packed and as I was going to the car to get it, she stopped me and just filled it out. It's a few dollars more per day than Park-N-Cruise, which we've used before and had great service from them, but the convenience of the port parking was priceless. We had 6 suitcases and 3 boxes of FE gifts so putting that on a shuttle was daunting.

I totally failed at packing!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, ask for the coupon. They asked for proof of the cruise, but when I told them it was packed and as I was going to the car to get it, she stopped me and just filled it out. It's a few dollars more per day than Park-N-Cruise, which we've used before and had great service from them, but the convenience of the port parking was priceless. We had 6 suitcases and 3 boxes of FE gifts so putting that on a shuttle was daunting.

I totally failed at packing!
Great news!

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013
Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
KerriM
Earning My Ears

Smile Thanks!

I just wanted to thank Beach Baby for the post about the 40% parking discount with certain hotels. You just saved me about $100.

I just cancelled a $200+ hotel/park ressie at the port in favor of $93 at the Fairfield in Titusville and 40% parking voucher. We were rethinking the whole shuttle thing anyway, and will be glad to have the car right there so when we disembark we can make like a bee and buzz out.

Truly, wouldn't have known about that option without your post, so thanks a lot.

Can anyone share the process for how the 40% is redeemed once at port? You pay at exit, right? Are there attendants there to figure out what you owe, then...or is it all automated?

Thanks again. As a first time DCL cruiser, I have already learned a TON from these boards.
KerriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriM View Post
I just wanted to thank Beach Baby for the post about the 40% parking discount with certain hotels. You just saved me about $100.

I just cancelled a $200+ hotel/park ressie at the port in favor of $93 at the Fairfield in Titusville and 40% parking voucher. We were rethinking the whole shuttle thing anyway, and will be glad to have the car right there so when we disembark we can make like a bee and buzz out.

Truly, wouldn't have known about that option without your post, so thanks a lot.

Can anyone share the process for how the 40% is redeemed once at port? You pay at exit, right? Are there attendants there to figure out what you owe, then...or is it all automated?

Thanks again. As a first time DCL cruiser, I have already learned a TON from these boards.
Yes, thank you Beach Baby! This could be a good option for me. In addition to PP's question on how to redeem the coupon I'm curious how long did it take you to drive to the port & park from Fairfield Inn & is it an easy straight-forward ride?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
csturg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Yes, thank you Beach Baby! This could be a good option for me. In addition to PP's question on how to redeem the coupon I'm curious how long did it take you to drive to the port & park from Fairfield Inn & is it an easy straight-forward ride?

I am curious also? Is there any tolls this route??
csturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I believe you pay for parking when entering the garage, not at exit.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

Last 2 times we have parked at port and payed on exit. Recent as March

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
beach baby
Mouseketeer

Your Welcome! Glad it could help.
It was about 20 minutes, maybe 25 from the hotel to the port. It was straight down 95 and no tolls. We went on the May 4-11 Fantasy trip at the beginning of this month and paid upon exiting the garage. We took a parking ticket from the machine when we entered on the 4th, and on the 11th when we left we handed the ticket and the 40% off coupon from the hotel to the attendant at the exit booth, and then paid. It ended up being $9 per day, $72 total for the week. A little more than an off site parking place, but better than full price. And for just a few extra dollars, the convenience can't be beat.
Have your cruise i.d.'s etc. ready when you drive up because you will go through a check point on the way to the garage. I think we only showed our driver's liscences, but I can't recall. It feels like so long ago! Can't wait to go again!

Here's my non parking advice for first timers.......book another cruise onboard before you leave!!! A real date or a dummy date......doesn't matter. You will for sure want to go again!

Happy sailing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: