Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

How you know you've got it BAD...

I always carry a KTTW from one of our Disney trips in my wallet. I don't know why, I just do. I think it's to give me that spontaneous, unexpected moment of "YAY" from time to time. DD carries one in her little wallet too. I have to say, twice that thing has come in handy though - in those hotel rooms where you have to have a key in the little slot thing for the lights, air. etc - at Wilderness at the Smokies and on the Fantasy. I just slipped that card right in the slot and was good to go!

When we got off the Fantasy last month, I put all 3 of our (DH, DD & me) KTTW in my wallet. Then when we got home, I took DH and DD's out, but left mine in there.

This morning, I went to Chick Fil A for breakfast. I was kinda tired....had (still have) a bad headache....pull up to the window to pay, hand the lady my debit card....and she looks at me and smiles. She says to me "I know you used this to pay for everything on your cruise, but unfortunately you cannot use it to pay for your breakfast here" and HANDS ME BACK MY KTTW!!!
I had handed her that instead of my debit card.
I have it bad.....

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Getting in the Christmas Spirit! - Boardwalk Inn, Dec 14
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Despite the fact that we have TWO cruises booked, including a Christmas cruise I'm really, really, really wishing we had a third one booked.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Stinkerbell, that is hilarious!

I've started posting pictures in my office of Castaway Cay and just general DCL pics because its all I can do to smile some days. . I can't wait to take my own pics and put those ones up.
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

That is hysterical!!!! November is WAY too far away...
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
CaptMo
Earning My Ears

Long Way Off

I just joined here and cannot stop reading and posting.
CaptMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Donathius
Cruisin' n00b

It will probably be years before we get to do another DCL cruise but I love coming to the Dis boards to cruise vicariously through everyone else. Our cruise was a year and a half ago and I still keep my KTTW in my wallet.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I have discovered that carrying (and using) my Disney VISA gives me that same happy feeling--especially when someone tells me they really like my credit card!
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
I always carry a KTTW from one of our Disney trips in my wallet. I don't know why, I just do. I think it's to give me that spontaneous, unexpected moment of "YAY" from time to time. DD carries one in her little wallet too. I have to say, twice that thing has come in handy though - in those hotel rooms where you have to have a key in the little slot thing for the lights, air. etc - at Wilderness at the Smokies and on the Fantasy. I just slipped that card right in the slot and was good to go!

When we got off the Fantasy last month, I put all 3 of our (DH, DD & me) KTTW in my wallet. Then when we got home, I took DH and DD's out, but left mine in there.

This morning, I went to Chick Fil A for breakfast. I was kinda tired....had (still have) a bad headache....pull up to the window to pay, hand the lady my debit card....and she looks at me and smiles. She says to me "I know you used this to pay for everything on your cruise, but unfortunately you cannot use it to pay for your breakfast here" and HANDS ME BACK MY KTTW!!!
I had handed her that instead of my debit card.
I have it bad.....
This post made me smile. Thanks for your post!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus12
I have discovered that carrying (and using) my Disney VISA gives me that same happy feeling--especially when someone tells me they really like my credit card!
I concur. At the movie concession stand, I told my hunny "I love to see that card come out!" (We have Nemo and squirt, how bout u?) Not just because it is so cheery looking, but every time I drop $200 on a power bill (normally I would cringe) I calculate in my brain "OK that's $2 to the Disney bank". I'd pay my mortgage with that puppy if it didn't cost a fee! Anyway if I have to spend the money, I might as well earn Disney dollars. Its definitely more cheerful to have that card.

To the OP tho, I have stowed all my keys and wdw tix in my album and for easy castaway numbers, but our hotel room key came in a lil red envelope with mickey ears and our hotel room number. That red room key envelope has now become my semi permanent wallet with my license, Disney card, insurance. I get perky every time I take out my mini card sleeve and since its what I used on both my trip, I can't seem to part with it. At least I gave up using my mini princess backpack purse...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: