Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Help refresh my memory...

My daughter is 12 and has cerebral palsy. She is mobile, but has balance issues. We are taking the family to Disney for the second time in Sept. Last time we took my mom, so we had three adults. This time it will only be my hubby and I. My daughter does not do well on the motorized walkways. Can someone refresh my memory on what rides those are?
Also what age does a child have to be to be able to ride with another child? I mean, if I pair up with our daughter, and my hubby takes the little one, can my 10 year old ride by himself with our 4 year old??

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
My daughter is 12 and has cerebral palsy. She is mobile, but has balance issues. We are taking the family to Disney for the second time in Sept. Last time we took my mom, so we had three adults. This time it will only be my hubby and I. My daughter does not do well on the motorized walkways. Can someone refresh my memory on what rides those are?
Also what age does a child have to be to be able to ride with another child? I mean, if I pair up with our daughter, and my hubby takes the little one, can my 10 year old ride by himself with our 4 year old??
Your 10 year old is not old enough to supervise the 4 year old. He will be able to ride alone and your 4 year old will be able to sit with your DH and little one on most rides. This would not be a problem for most rides, because many of them accommodate 4 to a car.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

A child has to be 7 to ride alone, but 14 to supervise another child.

To the best of my knowledge, all but the Peter Pan moving walkways can be stopped to accommodate a person with a disability. Don't take that as a fact, but I'm sure Sue will be along to help you out with answers. Also, check out her FAQs in the sticky. Lots of great info!

I am not sure if you need a GAC to have them stop the moving walkways or not. Possibly.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Peter Pan and the Tomorrowland People Mover are the 2 rides with moving walkways that absolutely will not be stopped. All others can be slowed or stopped on request. I don't believe a GAC is required, but you will want to mention the request to each CM along the queue as sometimes the last one when entering the ride vehicles is too late. If you check out the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum, Sue has included information about moving walkways.

As others indicated, the 10 yr old can ride by himself but cannot ride with the 4 yr old. DH can take the 2 little ones together on most rides there should be room for 2 that young.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: