Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
michelelm
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12

New here

I've been reading the boards for a few months now but just started posting.
michelelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
CaptMo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23

Hello

Me too, planning became difficult needed....help!
CaptMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran
 
magicaldisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,282

__________________
magicaldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,401

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMo View Post
Me too, planning became difficult needed....help!
How can we help you?

A few basic questions:
- Do you have a resort planned? (that's probably the biggest issue.) If not, then who's going, and when? And are you thinking Deluxe, Moderate, Value or do you not even know?

- Are you thinking the dining plan or not, or do you not even know?

- Are you thinking of doing "just" Disney, or are you thinking of also doing Universal/ Sea World, etc. (For what it's worth, we're starting to plan our 4th family trip, and my kids have never seen the rest of FL; we've stayed on Disney property the whole time. We'll do Cape Canaveral again when my youngest is a bit older. There's PLENTY on Disney property to keep a family entertained for an entire vacation!!!!)

Give us an idea of how we can help, and we'll get you started.
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

How can we help you?

A few basic questions:
- Do you have a resort planned? (that's probably the biggest issue.) If not, then who's going, and when? And are you thinking Deluxe, Moderate, Value or do you not even know?

- Are you thinking the dining plan or not, or do you not even know?

- Are you thinking of doing "just" Disney, or are you thinking of also doing Universal/ Sea World, etc. (For what it's worth, we're starting to plan our 4th family trip, and my kids have never seen the rest of FL; we've stayed on Disney property the whole time. We'll do Cape Canaveral again when my youngest is a bit older. There's PLENTY on Disney property to keep a family entertained for an entire vacation!!!!)

Give us an idea of how we can help, and we'll get you started.
Hi , I am new to Dis booked to go to Hilton bonnet creek in October 13 through Thompsons . Never done Disney before , it will be me , my husband and our 12 year old boy . Need help planning ! Wanted ideas with planning the park Halloween nights and nice places to eat . No dining plan but want to do a few nice meals . Want to try and do disney , universal , seaworld , discovery cove , Kennedy space centre and any thing else you can recommend . Help please
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMo View Post
Me too, planning became difficult needed....help!
Me too I'm going in October 13 , wanted help from anyone that has visited in October before .
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
Hi , have you been to Disney in October before ?
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Welcome!
Hi , I have booked for October 13 and need as much help as I can get re planning Help please
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocking Hocking View Post
Hi , I am new to Dis booked to go to Hilton bonnet creek in October 13 through Thompsons . Never done Disney before , it will be me , my husband and our 12 year old boy . Need help planning ! Wanted ideas with planning the park Halloween nights and nice places to eat . No dining plan but want to do a few nice meals . Want to try and do disney , universal , seaworld , discovery cove , Kennedy space centre and any thing else you can recommend . Help please
Probably the best advice I can give you is to get a copy of The Unofficial Guide to WDW. It offers lots of advice on the things you've mentioned. The last time I was at Cape Canaveral was 1990, so I'm not the best source of info for you. I do remeber that it was an easy drive, about an hour due east. And that we loved it!!!

Also, once you have the guide, take a look at the touring plans at the back, or at the ones at www.touringplans.com (If you buy the book, you can get a discount on the site.) They'll have good advice on the rides your son is most likely to enjoy. Some I would suggest would be:
Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (sense a theme here???), Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Buzz Lightyear
Epcot: Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space
Animal Kingdom: Kali River Rapids, Safari, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest
Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, possibly Tower of Terror and/or Rock and Roller Coaster, Star Tours

He can take a look at youtube; most of the rides are there somewhere and he can get a good idea of what to expect.

As far as food goes, let me give you some of our non-princess favorites:
Cape May Cafe (clam bake, easy to reach from Epcot) Coral Reef, Sci Fi Diner,Le Cellier (a bit expensive though), Yak and Yetti. Take a look at the menus at www.allears.net

I've never gone in October; we're both teachers, so we go over the summer.

Take a look at the Theme Parks and Strategies forum.

I will say that your plan sounds very ambitious. We spend a full week on Disney property, and still leave knowing we haven't seen it all.
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 05-19-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #11
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

Probably the best advice I can give you is to get a copy of The Unofficial Guide to WDW. It offers lots of advice on the things you've mentioned. The last time I was at Cape Canaveral was 1990, so I'm not the best source of info for you. I do remeber that it was an easy drive, about an hour due east. And that we loved it!!!

Also, once you have the guide, take a look at the touring plans at the back, or at the ones at www.touringplans.com (If you buy the book, you can get a discount on the site.) They'll have good advice on the rides your son is most likely to enjoy. Some I would suggest would be:
Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (sense a theme here???), Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Buzz Lightyear
Epcot: Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space
Animal Kingdom: Kali River Rapids, Safari, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest
Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, possibly Tower of Terror and/or Rock and Roller Coaster, Star Tours

He can take a look at youtube; most of the rides are there somewhere and he can get a good idea of what to expect.

As far as food goes, let me give you some of our non-princess favorites:
Cape May Cafe (clam bake, easy to reach from Epcot) Coral Reef, Sci Fi Diner,Le Cellier (a bit expensive though), Yak and Yetti. Take a look at the menus at www.allears.net

I've never gone in October; we're both teachers, so we go over the summer.

Take a look at the Theme Parks and Strategies forum.

I will say that your plan sounds very ambitious. We spend a full week on Disney property, and still leave knowing we haven't seen it all.
Hi , thank you very much for that great advise . I do have the guide but just when I read it it just makes me want to do everything , as I know for us it will be a once in a lifetime thing . We are there for two weeks and have all the passes . I am now just doing a plan so I can book a few nice places to eat and I am going to book La Nouba and Discovery Cove . We could of stayed on site but the hubby didn't fancy it as we have stayed at the Paris hotels and he said after seeing Mickey ect all day he wanted a rest at night . I myself would have loved to be on site and for what we have paid we could of been on site with the dining plan and been a lot better off ,the Hilton at Bonnet Creek is on Disney land but you don't get the benefits that you do on site ; ( Thank you very much , you have been brilliant !
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #12
Richmond566
Earning My Ears
 
Richmond566's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19

It never matters when you go to Disney, so long as ou go!!!
Richmond566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond566 View Post
It never matters when you go to Disney, so long as ou go!!!
Hi , yes , we feel very lucky to be going can't wait ! we have nothing like it here in the UK . I am so excited , think I'm more excited than my 12 year old boy !!! Just need to sort my plan so we make the most of it .
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #14
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocking Hocking View Post

Hi , thank you very much for that great advise . I do have the guide but just when I read it it just makes me want to do everything , as I know for us it will be a once in a lifetime thing . We are there for two weeks and have all the passes . I am now just doing a plan so I can book a few nice places to eat and I am going to book La Nouba and Discovery Cove . We could of stayed on site but the hubby didn't fancy it as we have stayed at the Paris hotels and he said after seeing Mickey ect all day he wanted a rest at night . I myself would have loved to be on site and for what we have paid we could of been on site with the dining plan and been a lot better off ,the Hilton at Bonnet Creek is on Disney land but you don't get the benefits that you do on site ; ( Thank you very much , you have been brilliant !
Also was just wondering will it not be a school holiday USA as here in the UK we have a school holiday in October but my boy will still miss a couple of days of school but don't usually take him out of school but had to work around my hubby . Soooo excited !!
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #15
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,401

I can't speak for the whole nation, but kids in my part of New York will only be off Monday October 14 for Columbus Day. I'm not sure what goes on in other parts of the country. But according to http://www.easywdw.com/oct13-v3.jpg the crowd levels look great for the time you'll be visiting!
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.