Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Disneyland or Bust: A Mother-Daughter Coastal Road Trip **ALL NEW 9/14**

Hello DIS Friends! Welcome to my latest trip report! First, a brief introduction for the new readers I hope will join in here: My name is Roni - In real life, I’m an attorney. I’m pretty much Elle Woods.

Wait, more *this* version, I’d say.

On weekends and evenings, I morph into an obsessed Disney Trip Planner. I have one child, 7-year-old Willow, and she is, if possible, an even bigger Disney fan than I am. Here we are (back row, right) on one of Willow’s favorite rides in January at DLR.

Willow and I treasure our Disney trips above almost anything else that we do because they have become a way for the two of us to escape the routine and stress of day-to-day life, which at times gets pretty intense as it is just the two of us trying to keep everything on track. On a Disney vacation, we are able to leave all that behind and just have fun together. I am willing to move mountains to make these trips happen for that reason!

This trip was a little different because it involved more than Disney. That’s right, we took a two-week road trip from our home in Eastern Washington State, down the coast of Oregon and California, stopping to see the sights along the way, ending with a 6-night stay at Disneyland Resort.

I plan to share our entire trip here, because the non-Disney part of this trip was equally as fun and meaningful for us, and because I hope that there will be at least a few people who will have an interest in reading about some of the other things we did or who may be contemplating a family road trip like this themselves! And now…..

A CHALLENGE!

Now this is a trip report all about Disney and all about road tripping as a family. So I thought I would try something a little different here and shake things up a bit. Each chapter title will feature a (hopefully spot-on, appropriate, relevant) quotation from either a Disney movie or a family road trip movie (not necessarily Disney). The first person to identify the movie from which the chapter-title quotation hails will get a point; two points if the character who said the line is also identified. (If the first person only identifies the movie, the first person to identify the character will also get one point.)

The person with the most points at the end of this trip report will get, well, a lot of points at the very least and, at the most, a shout-out photo of some sort in the upcoming 2015 trip report that will follow the Two DIS Princesses trip scheduled for Willow and Shannon’s (shan23877) daughter Maddie next year!

No fair using Professor Google to figure out the answers - where’s the fun in that?????

So fasten your seat belts and get ready for a ride through Oregon, California and Disneyland! And awaaaaaaaay we go!!!!!

Up Next: Day 1

Last edited by RGirl; 09-14-2014 at 03:26 PM.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hello Friend! I do hope that you'll teach me the Bend and Snap when we finally meet up!

And you can smash mountains too. You are beyond fabulous.

I can't wait to hear about the whole trip! And if I win the game you have to buy me a can of spray cheese. I'm assuming I'll already have some shout outs.

SO EXCITED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS TRIP!!!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

I read your trip report from January, although I never commented! Looking forward to seeing where you two stopped along the way to the DLR! Road trips are so much fun.
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
lwyrwood
Earning My Ears

I'm in. I love the Elle Woods' pics. That is one of my nicknames. I am actually L. Wood (singular) and also a lawyer. I would opt for pic 2 as a better depiction as well, mostly because of the facial expression.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
MonsterWDWmom
DIS Veteran

Joining in, can't wait to hear about you new adventure!

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Marking my place to go back and read!

Jill in CO
Old 08-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
lwanthony
Earning My Ears

I'm a serial lurker on here, but I am hooked already! Looking forward to following your adventure. I have always wanted to do a long road trip down the coast from Portland.

-Lane
lwanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Here Roni and so looking forward to riding along on your journey.

Oooh a contest with a shout out prize in what will I'm sure be an EPIC trip report? I'm intrigued...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #10
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! You can start now..... this sounds like an awesome TR! I'm excited to see all the things you did on your road trip!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #11
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Your use of gifs kills me!!

I'm so glad you're including the road trip portion! One of my best friends from high school lives in Oregon now and he really wants me to visit, but I'm a broke college kid so flying to the opposite coast isn't really an option right now. So I'll be excited to see West Coast pictures

I LOVE CONTESTS. Count me in!!!
courtneybelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in. I will try to keep on top of this although it will be hard with my own TR still going and a PTR and we leave in 23 days for Disney. If I don't post often, please know that I am reading along.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Hi! Came over from the joint PTR. We always do road trips and we'll be visiting the West Coast park in January, so I'm looking forward to reading about your trip.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #14
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

Joining in, love your trip reports!
rpcvpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
ajsary
Earning My Ears

Joining in! I've loved reading your other trip reports. You offer great advice. Fellow attorney, Disney fanatic and mother of princesses (DD12 and DD1), so I find myself relating to just about everything you write.

ajsary is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: