Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
Davistigers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
It's grape Gorgonzola pizza and my DH loves it!
Amen, CruiseCrasher! My hubby and I talk about the gorgonzola and grape pizza all the time whenever we mention Palo brunch. We're on the Magic in Alaska in 40 days and I can't wait to have it again. Yum! For those who are interested, it's one of their made-to-order thin crust style pizzas with "just right" sprinkling of crumbled gorgonzola cheese and halved red grapes. It's the unique, slightly sweet and salty combination that makes it delicious!

Davistigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #32
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I think when it comes to dress code they can make broad rules like "no shorts or jeans." You could certainly argue that nice jeans are no less dressy than khakis, but many people do see it that way.
I usually look at the total outfit before determining which would be more dressy. We saw one gentleman during bunch that had on khakis also, but his were very loose, carpenter style, rolled up at the bottom (so khaki basically just described the color, LOL). His shirt was untucked and he was wearing flip-flops (which I thought were a big no-no).

In this case, I would definitely consider a person in nice blue jeans with a button down shirt to be dressed nicer.

So once again I had to explain to my DH (who wears jean shorts every day, all year long) that there was a dress code and I don't know why it wasn't enforced. He didn't believe me

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davistigers View Post
Amen, CruiseCrasher! My hubby and I talk about the gorgonzola and grape pizza all the time whenever we mention Palo brunch. We're on the Magic in Alaska in 40 days and I can't wait to have it again. Yum! For those who are interested, it's one of their made-to-order thin crust style pizzas with "just right" sprinkling of crumbled gorgonzola cheese and halved red grapes. It's the unique, slightly sweet and salty combination that makes it delicious!
I may get thrown off this board but DH and I tried it based on all the positive reviews here and neither of us liked it. But then neither of us are foodies so we don't have very refined palates. We are more pepperoni and sausage pizza kind of people

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry, think you mean the Wonder
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #35
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

I am booked for Brunch at 10am on our Magic Cruise. Thought it was going to be too early but decided it will be the right time otherwise we wont be able to eat dinner. I wear a lot of jeans at home so quite like having the chance to dress up, have just bought a new dress from Marks and Spencer especially for the Brunch
Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #36
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I put my DH loves it. I'm vegan, so I've never tried it, though I do love the berry pizza they've made me in the past. We just got off the Magic, wasn't it heading to Europe next?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
For brunch? Wow. I've never done that for dinner, but have seen many folks wearing jeans for brunch.
I have also witnessed multiple people turned away and change in order to eat with the rest of their party at Palo for both jeans and shorts. We had the private room in 2011 on the Wonder and the manager came to let us know that two of the guests who were on our reservation would not be joining us because they were wearing jeans and said they didn't bring anything that would comply with the dresscode. He even offered to provide them with clothing then as well as for our dinner reservation later in the cruise, but they declined.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

We were on the May 5-9 Dream. We booked Palo brunch after we boarded. The cast member who took our reservation was very clear with us about the dress code. Maybe we looked like the type of people who wouldn't dress well Regardless we came away with a complete understanding of what we were expected to wear
VAB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #39
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

One person (man) from my party was turned asked to change out of his blue jeans for brunch. My girlfriend and I both had on sundresses and nice sandals.

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #40
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
For brunch? Wow. I've never done that for dinner, but have seen many folks wearing jeans for brunch.
In 29 DCL cruises I have never seen anyone in Jeans at Palo...brunch or dinner. Our friend was turned away (I told him no jeans) and he had to go back and change.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
Never to old
DIS Veteran

I saw men wearing jeans when we had brunch at Palo. DH was ticked because he got sent back due to wearing nice dress shorts. He went and changed, but he then kept pointing out to me the people wearing jeans. I think it depends on the staff.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
I saw men wearing jeans when we had brunch at Palo. DH was ticked because he got sent back due to wearing nice dress shorts. He went and changed, but he then kept pointing out to me the people wearing jeans. I think it depends on the staff.
We're they wearing shorts? Not sure DH was comparing like things. LOL
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #43
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

My husband forgot to pack his usual 'Palo brunch' Dockers when we sailed the Fantasy last summer. The did offer to lend us a pair of black pants. They were size 40, and my DH is a 34! Luckily he still had his 'tux' pants. "NO WAY," was his reply when I suggested to him to just wear his tux pants and a button-down shirt. He was going to skip the brunch because he was too embarrassed to wear them with a casual shirt! I calmly assured him, 'people will not really be paying attention, and brunch is what we look forward to the MOST." So, we went, no one really noticed (didn't see anyone staring at him,) and it was the best brunch yet! We even secured a SECOND Palo brunch that same cruise when two others canceled.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #44
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan View Post
I don't want to get dressed in the middle of the day.
Well, on our 6 nt Magic sailing last week, one 20 something YO woman came straight from the pool! She was being led to her table by the dining room manager and she was wearing a bathing suit under a dress type cover up. You could see the halter style swim top as her cover up was one of those pull on types w/out any sleeves what so ever. To top it off, she had wet hair in a messy pony tail and flip flops.

As she approached the table, her 3 dining companions (appeared to be her SO and one set of their parents all dressed nicely) stated, "well, we thought you weren't going to make it!"

Swimwear is not even acceptable for the main dining rooms, much less Palo. I'm not one to complain to CMs about dress code violations but I sure did as we were leaving that day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 05-15-2013 at 07:47 PM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #45
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan View Post
I don't want to get dressed in the middle of the day.

This sounds perfectly reasonable.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: