Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

AoA and????

We are interested in doing a split stay for our visit next May. This is our 1st trip to WDW, and we are a family of 5. Initially, I was considering AoA (4 nights), followed by POR (5 nights). After looking at POR, I am just not excited about it. From my understanding, there is not another moderate that sleeps 5.

Where are your recommendations? Location & transportation are not as important as pool features & space.

Thank you.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
kandb
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, I used to look at the pictures of POR and think it was nothing special (especially the picture of the big water wheel) but after staying there (mostly because its the only MOD that sleeps 5). I can honestly say that the pictures do not do it justice. It's really a beautiful, relaxing, feel good resort.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
Kari Tiggerific
Earning My Ears

Agreed POR is a beautiful resort. One of my faves!
Kari Tiggerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Just an FYI, I used to look at the pictures of POR and think it was nothing special (especially the picture of the big water wheel) but after staying there (mostly because its the only MOD that sleeps 5). I can honestly say that the pictures do not do it justice. It's really a beautiful, relaxing, feel good resort.
I sure hope you guys are right, I just can't see being able to swing a deluxe this trip. Now, if August would just roll around so I can see if I get my vacation dates for next year

Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

We are also a family of 5 and will be staying in the Lion King suite at AoA the first week of June. Me and my daughter stayed there last year and LOVED the resort. We have never stayed at POR as we have 3 teenagers and that just wouldn't be enough room for us, but I have visted the resort and it is much prettier in person. AoA is just more fun to us
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis*Mom View Post
We are also a family of 5 and will be staying in the Lion King suite at AoA the first week of June. Me and my daughter stayed there last year and LOVED the resort. We have never stayed at POR as we have 3 teenagers and that just wouldn't be enough room for us, but I have visted the resort and it is much prettier in person. AoA is just more fun to us
We want the LK room too!!

I'm only changing resorts so the kids can have slides. Maybe I will make the AoA stay longer and the other stay shorter. Hmmm....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: