Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Just back...mini report

We just got back ...5th trip in 10 years...
We are DvC members and stayed for a 2nd time at our home resort Bay lake Tower.....great stay once again .....this time on the 16th floor. We were able to watch Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge deck....Great view.

We were traveling with my sister and her family. We were both on the same page to get in early and come back to the resort for some pool time, before heading out for dinner.

Arrived Sunday...Villas ready by noon....lunch in room ..we ordered Garden Grocers...pool...dinner for nephew birthday in DtD at T Rex...lots of fun...very crowded at DTD....we just took easy our first day...

Monday - Epcot at RD. .....bag check lines busy....gates opened at 9am.....sister heads to get stroller....son and me go FP Soarin....10:15am return time.
We meet up at Spaceship Earth....then Test Track 40 minute wait time.....guys do single rider we wait with little ones......then off to Soarin...
After Soarin....Sis and kids head to Nemo and crush.....DS and me head to World Showcase.....visit Norway ride Maelstrom....hit Germany's Werther Orginial shop for some choc/Carmel pretzels...then Japan store...love it.....then QS lunch in Japan....yummy!..by 1pm we were ready to head back....it was quiet when we got to the worlds...but within an hour it getting crowded and hot!

Monday night ADR at Be Our guest at MK......wow great dinner ....beautiful restaurant (review in restaurant section)... After dinner we spilt up guys head over to SM long line ...did Carousel of Progress...Stitch and Mickeys Philharmonic. DSis, nephew 6 and me head over to Goofy's Barnstormer... 30 minute wait...quick but fun...very quiet in that new area...nephew not interested in Dumbo...both lines 5 min wait...then we rode the train around the whole park...then we ride Small World...very quiet over there...we did not realize everyone was lining up for Spectro Magic ....had a hard time making to Main street to get to the Ice Cream Shop.....super crowded ....I usually avoid the parades...we get IC...watch a little bit of the parade.....now this is when the problem start ...we are told by CM not to stand in front store ...no problem we wanted to leave....we can not get down the side walk ...there is a wheelchair in front of us and people are not even moving for her....we have stroller with my nephew in it and women start climbing over us and the stroller ..over the poor lady in the wheelchair ...not listening toCM.....ridiculous .....never again....

Tuesday - DHS...we arrive later than we wanted...9:30am....FP for TSM already for 3pm...no thanks... So we get in line about 40 min wait....we are on line for already about 40 min when they announce several times that there are technical problems...thence are kick off the line with everyone else...ride broken...we head over 2 Star Tours.....hurray 10 min wait ...love the new changes... 3D....we rode it twice...there are 11 different versions you can experience...next onto Muppets 3D...fun time...nephew gets pix take with Lightening McQueen and Mater. We spilt up and went and waited 40 min for TT...then got some goodies ...I had something new for me....a Carrot Cake Cookie...huge and delicious....then we head back for swimming.

Tuesday night - drove over to Beach Club for a great dinner at Cape May....then we walk into Epcot and walked around...DSis and DH and son had never been to the world showcase....we rode Maelstrom...nephew got deck out with sword, shield and helmet to be a true Viking...Sister enjoyed some wine in Italy...stopped in Mexico and rode the ride there...DSon and I spilt off to England to get aDoctor Who shirt...success....my other son wanted a Rugby ball but no deal...they said they had not had them for a few months....great night.

Wednesday - Animal Kingdom....EMH...got there by 8:30am....headed to Dinoland...no wait for Dinosaur.....we rode it twice....DNephew was a little scared so he rode it once....next Triceratop Spin...while nephew went to the Boneyard ...we went and FP EE.....pretty good we have about an hour.....back to Boneyard...big boys dig with little cousin...then we head over to Tough to be a Bug...no wait....then sons and me ride EE and Sis takes son on KRR...they got soaked...we were done after I made a quick stop at First Aid for some band aids for my feet...next time sneakers...the nurse there was so sweet...

Wed Night - Adult only dinner at Artist Point at WL ...wow. Great meal and great server...thanks Riccardo...it emptied my husband wallet..but we had one heck of a meal....I am going to write a review later ..Kids hit at resort ...Arcade and movie in room...

Thursday - Magic Kingdom- EMH we got in right after parade....we headed over to Tomorrowland...FP Space Mountain....ride BUzz...Stitch...Speedway...then Space Mountain....then we head over to ride Splash Mountain and BTMRR...we FP Splash and wait about 45 min to ride the RR...we go to Tom Sawyers island while waiting for FP...nephew loved the island especially the fort....ride BTMRR....we had a blast doing it all....sister and family decide to head back ....sons and me stay and do HM...30 min wait then we have lunch at Columbia Habour House...first time there for me...had delicious Lobster Roll....we then do some shopping on Main Street...we were happy with what we got done by 1:30p with lunch...
Thursday night we were supposed to head back to studios but everyone was pooped...we cooked in our Villa making some Pizzas then night swimmingng...very relaxing....

Friday...last day no parks...Sister and family go to Gatorland... Nephew is a huge fan of Gator Boys...after we check out we head down to DTD...as usual.....we go to Spiltsville for some lunch and bowling...Wow...what a great place.....fun....good food....then we did some shopping and hit the rad for home...

Since we are Disney Vacation Club Members we know we will be back...
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Love it!! Sounds like you had a great trip!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: