Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1456
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
...Also do they do concierge level as dvc members or is it just the main hotel? We do have free dining on our pofq stay but would have liked concierge. Do any other dvc resorts offer this as wld consider a split stay....
The only concierge level villas are at AKV - Jambo House. There are five two bedroom lockoff villas on the sixth floor (the same floor as the concierge lounge). Three have a somewhat obstructed view of the Sunset Savanna (roof overhand blocks it somewhat) and two are pool view. These are very difficult to book if you are not an AKV owner who books them when booking opens for the day at 11 months out.

DVC member currently can book concierge level rooms at Polynesian and Yacht Club, but those require tons of points.

Members cannot just add concierge to their reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #1457
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
So I'm looking at rooms 001 & 002, on the north wing, facing out as opposed to toward MK. Is there something special about those rooms? They look perfect for me - woods view, lots of light & quiet.
They look like neat rooms. They are at the end of the hallway, so pretty far from an elevator. One noise concern might be the boat horns from the dock, since it is very near that end of the North Wing and they honk every time they leave. Also, as always you will do better requesting a general area rather than a room number, so I might go with "end of North wing." Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by masondixonmama View Post
This probably has already been covered, but can anyone tell me about possible views of the fireworks at MK? Can you actually see them, and if so, what would be a good room to request to do so?

Thanks!
Basically any high floor room on the North side of the North wing would have a chance at seeing them. Some will have better views than others due to the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
What's the difference between the courtyard view and inner courtyard views?
Courtyard view is the most expensive bookable category and that includes any room that overlooks a courtyard area. This includes the Inner courtyard ones which overlook the Silver Creek Springs Pool and the Villas Courtyard which has the Hidden Springs pool, but not as pretty of lake views. Many people prefer to request Inner courtyard when paying the extra for a courtyard view room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #1458
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

The only concierge level villas are at AKV - Jambo House. There are five two bedroom lockoff villas on the sixth floor (the same floor as the concierge lounge). Three have a somewhat obstructed view of the Sunset Savanna (roof overhand blocks it somewhat) and two are pool view. These are very difficult to book if you are not an AKV owner who books them when booking opens for the day at 11 months out.

DVC member currently can book concierge level rooms at Polynesian and Yacht Club, but those require tons of points.

Members cannot just add concierge to their reservation.
Thankyou. There are only two if us but I have heard how great our home resort is at christmas time so will hopefully book at 11 month window. AKL is my second choice at the 7 month window. Although nice I did not like the theming at BLT but great for the monorail.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #1459
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Do you really think you could stay WL non-CL??? :

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that ticker...

Happy 26th tomorrow !
Thank you so much!

While my tickers have been known to, umm, evolve, CL anywhere is not a possibility for Christmas since the military discount is blacked-out. I booked with a SOG overflow rate which is the best discount I've seen for the black-out period, but CL isn't included. I did find a -15% coupon that could be applied to CL room bookings through Travelocity or Orbitz, but that's not enough of a discount for me to rationalize CL.

I did worry about booking WL and missing CL, but hopefully I'll still get to visit with some of the great CL CMs. WL is too good a value and so beautifully decorated to pass up staying there at Christmas just because I might miss CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
HI!!!
Thanks for all the info..I am new, just booked WL for ou pre-cruise in October.

Considering packing that would require a small load of laundry before we set sail....anyone use the laundry room? Much of a wait or seems as if washers were always available?

Thanks much
I've used the laundry every visit and haven't had a problem getting a washer/dryer early morning around 0800 - 0900. The washers only take 30 minutes and if you spread two washer loads into three dryers, everything should be dry in about 45 minutes. I learned the hard way years ago never to put much in the dryers or you'll be adding more money/time and/or spreading out everything to dry on outdoor chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Well We have just changed our dates for next year from sept to december. This will be our second trip home. Having never booked for December at the lodge can you tell me how difficult it is to get in? My dates are either 21/11 but I know thats your TG week or after our stay at pofq 5/12-12/12.
As for room requests we asked for high floor pool view last time and got exactly that. We had 4th floor and although obstructed by trees which we expected here it was lovely. To be nearer the beach side which area would I request!
Also do they do concierge level as dvc members or is it just the main hotel? We do have free dining on our pofq stay but would have liked concierge. Do any other dvc resorts offer this as wld consider a split stay.
I need to upload my pictures from out first stay. It really is a stunning resort and we didnt get time to explore the resort properly. Xx
Welcome! Closest to the beach would be the South Wing, at the end. You can have a VWL pool view or a WL pool view. Both are Courtyard View bookings with WL being INNER or WL and VWL being VWL or OUTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
On a Mission...... I have been looking at that map and was hoping to stay in a room close to that elevator, but that might not be possible...
requested North side lobby high floor close to elevator...
No problem, keep your request - there is still an elevator in the North Wing next to RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Does WL have the new or old mugs?
Do you mean the new RFID Rapid Refill mugs? Those are being rolled out gradually. They started in July with All Star and will gradually make their way to all resorts.

Here is more information on the new program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
So I'm looking at rooms 001 & 002, on the north wing, facing out as opposed to toward MK. Is there something special about those rooms? They look perfect for me - woods view, lots of light & quiet.
These rooms are closest to the boat dock and Bay Lake, so you would hear boat horns/EWP more loudly and possibly guests walking to and from the boat dock. I wouldn't classify them as quiet. These rooms are also furthest from the elevators.

We booked a Woods View for Christmas and I wanted to request one of these rooms, but DH doesn't want to be at the very end of the wing, (the end of the CL wing is at about the distance of RF). I love the idea of one of these rooms and you would also be closest to the exterior door that is closest to the boat dock.

Quote:
This probably has already been covered, but can anyone tell me about possible views of the fireworks at MK? Can you actually see them, and if so, what would be a good room to request to do so?

Thanks!
The high rooms in the North Wing (Woods View) can have a partial Wishes view. Also, high rooms in the South Wing (Courtyard View) have a partial Wishes view. The Presidential Suite also has a Wishes View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
They look like neat rooms. They are at the end of the hallway, so pretty far from an elevator. One noise concern might be the boat horns from the dock, since it is very near that end of the North Wing and they honk every time they leave. Also, as always you will do better requesting a general area rather than a room number, so I might go with "end of North wing." Good luck
I didn't read your post until now so I repeated some of your post - I'll blame it on post-vacation cerebral disturbances

ETA: Mildly confused now regarding my elevator posts so I removed them. Paul does have the North Wing elevator next to RF on the map. I've sent the actual WL floor plans to GrandCalifornian to help clear up any confusion.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #1460
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
My daughter had a perfect view of the castle and the fireworks from room 6010. There weren't any trees or branches in the way. It was a woods view room, north wing, 6th floor, close to the end of the building that is closest to Bay Lake. We had a partial view of the fireworks from room 6018. As you get closer to the lake it seems like the view gets better. You might be able to see it from the 5th floor, but that would just be a guess.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 08-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #1461
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you so much!

While my tickers have been known to, umm, evolve, CL anywhere is not a possibility for Christmas since the military discount is blacked-out. I booked with a SOG overflow rate which is the best discount I've seen for the black-out period, but CL isn't included. I did find a -15% coupon that could be applied to CL room bookings through Travelocity or Orbitz, but that's not enough of a discount for me to rationalize CL.

I did worry about booking WL and missing CL, but hopefully I'll still get to visit with some of the great CL CMs. WL is too good a value and so beautifully decorated to pass up staying there at Christmas just because I might miss CL.
WL I'm sure must be sooooo beautiful at Christmas!!!! Very happy for you to spend Christmas there! . Too bad military discounts are blacked out.
Are they blacked out the week before as welll....?
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #1462
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

I was thinking along the lines of 6081 or 6082, hoping to see wishes from these rooms... Does anybody know who has stayed there?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #1463
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
On a Mission...... I have been looking at that map and was hoping to stay in a room close to that elevator, but that might not be possible...
requested North side lobby high floor close to elevator...
I have confirmed that the elevator at the West end of the North Wing is a service elevator, so to get down to the lobby you would have to walk across to the three elevators that let out by the Mercantile or go down the West wing to the ones that let out by Roaring Fork. Thank you Kook for confirming my suspicion.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #1464
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Lodgekeepers

I have read that the mousekeepers are actually lodgekeepers here at wl?? Can someone please confirm?

Me and my son are decorating our tip enveloples (16 to be exact) and we want to address them appropriately

MY Main question here is what is the reasonable tip to leave for 2 adults and and a 4 yr old.

I plan to do turndown service as well - because I think it will be fabulous coming back to the room w/our beds waiting for us.....so this will be a double envelope trip - I don't want to be cheap - I know the lodgekeepers work hard, but I don't want to go overboard - I have already gone over budget . Can anyone please tell me what the going rate for lodgekeeping is?? I thought I read somewhere it was $1/person?? (I have read so much stuff I'm thoroughly confused)

Thanks for any help I can get - AND WDW SPEED TO YOU ALL

Last edited by rhondakg; 08-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #1465
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Courtyard view is the most expensive bookable category and that includes any room that overlooks a courtyard area. This includes the Inner courtyard ones which overlook the Silver Creek Springs Pool and the Villas Courtyard which has the Hidden Springs pool, but not as pretty of lake views. Many people prefer to request Inner courtyard when paying the extra for a courtyard view room.
Thank you for the map and the explanation of what the inner courtyard is. I have been trying to decide if I should request a specific area, now I at least have some direction to take.

I'm still not completely sure what to request though (We are booked for Courtyard View). I don't care about seeing fireworks. I would rather be closer to the lobby and still have a great view of the courtyard. Any suggestions would be great.

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #1466
Wendy5055
DIS Veteran

I was just at WL and had room 6111 which was inner courtyard not far from lobby and elevators. It was a great location!!! We were very happy as the view was great and had no noise from the lobby or elevators. Hope this helps

Contemporary, July 2014
Wilderness Lodge, July 2013
Grand Floridian, July 2011
Polynesian, April 2010
Grand Floridian, May 2009
POP Century Aug/Sept 2008
POP Century October 2005
POFQ 1998
Offsite 1995
Offsite 1st Time EVER WDW 1985!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #1467
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #1468
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I didn't book WL yesterday because I knew I couldn't book a CL room with a discount. The CSR BC (CL-lite) room was actually available with the discount and a good value considering the additional holiday overcharge so I thought that might be fun to try. But, I had misgivings about CSR from the start and then today I rationalized spending more to upgrade to WL, even without CL, in honor of our 26th anniversary tomorrow. DH agreed with my rationalization, which also gets him off the hook for a gift since I told him the upgrade is my gift and I may have told him it was my Christmas gift, too
I'm a few days behind, but happy anniversary, and happy to see you're going back to your happy place!! I'm probably not the one to speak, but you have to splurge for your Christmas gift AND anniversary booking!! Two celebrations in one definitely deserves something special.

(Do we ever really need a reason?? )
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #1469
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy5055 View Post
I was just at WL and had room 6111 which was inner courtyard not far from lobby and elevators. It was a great location!!! We were very happy as the view was great and had no noise from the lobby or elevators. Hope this helps
Thanks for your suggestions! Sounds like a great location. Was your balcony open or closed?

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #1470
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WL I'm sure must be sooooo beautiful at Christmas!!!!
It is . The WL is beautiful any time of year, but it is absolutely gorgeous when decorated for the holidays .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I'm still not completely sure what to request though (We are booked for Courtyard View). I don't care about seeing fireworks. I would rather be closer to the lobby and still have a great view of the courtyard. Any suggestions would be great.
On our last WL stay we had a great courtyard view room that overlooked the inner courtyard/main pool .

Quote:
Good Morning!

Beautiful pic .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: