Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #1426
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

DH requested Inner Courtyard -so is that all the ones facing the pool as opposed to the ones facing the VWL?

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #1427
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian
Ok, so I have too much time between now and getting to go to Disney, so I decided to play with an updated WL room location map.

I color coded the rooms based on the view category information on the original map.

I have the file so I can make changes as suggested. What do you all think?
I love this!! We're not planning on staying here until next year but I know exactly which area I want to be in!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #1428
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thank you so much for the map!!!

Crazy question, someone mentioned requesting a room that overlooks the lobby ??? Do they mean that when exiting the room they are directly in the lobby, and they have a balcony that overlooks outside?

Sorry, haven't stayed there yet and am kind if lost!!!
Yes, that's what that means, your interior door opens up to the lobby and your balcony faces outside and that's not a crazy question at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
DH requested Inner Courtyard -so is that all the ones facing the pool as opposed to the ones facing the VWL?
Yes. INNER or WL Courtyard will not face VWL, but will face the Silver Creek Springs pool, geyser and Bay Lake.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #1429
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Oh goodness we have been in the woods view rooms twice where we can see the top of MK and some fireworks. But I would not pay extra for that. The trees are growing too tall for that....wdw would be stretchibg pretty bad to call that TPV...IMHO.
ITA. But, it may not happen, it's just in the rumor stage now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Hello and good morning! I'm trying to finish my planning binder and I'm trying to find food or drink items that are only specific to the WL and cant find anything! Does anyone have any ideas? TIA
The corn and cheese soup with popcorn on top may be unique. They serve it at WCC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Welcome back Kook! Nothing like a morning of multi-quoting to remind you of the lodge. Thanks again for all the great info.
Well, the multi-quoting actually reminds me more of not being at WL

Thank you for doing such a fine job of holding down the fort and and answering questions in great detail. But, for years to come, you'll be famous for the Great 2013 WL Room Number Map Revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
I'd be all over a s'mores cupcake! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Glad you have another trip to look forward to . LOL on no Indian attacks ....but I didn't do much as others on here offered a lot more help than I could .

What are your dates in December? Not sure how long your trip is, but we will be at the CR 12/17-12/19; then we are cruising 12/19-12/22; then we'll be at the Poly 12/22-12/24.
I was just able to change to a WL Woods View room. We arrive 12/23 so we may be able to meet then or 12/24! I think a Lapu Lapu might be tasty...
Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #1430
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I am so in Disney mode right now, 16 days and counting. All of our group has been approved for time off from work, our van has has her tune up and whatnot, so there should be no more glitches, LETS HOPE. I have NO time for anything else to go wrong.

I have a hubby free weekend, this weekend, at least during the day, so that helps, even if it just mentally helps. I need to break in my new tennis shoes and put small items all together in one place.
The time will go by fast and you will be on your way before you know it .

Quote:
Ok, so I have too much time between now and getting to go to Disney, so I decided to play with an updated WL room location map.
Looks great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I get off the phone from booking WL for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I love this!! We're not planning on staying here until next year but I know exactly which area I want to be in!
You're going to love the lodge .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #1431
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just able to change to a WL Woods View room. We arrive 12/23 so we may be able to meet then or 12/24! I think a Lapu Lapu might be tasty...
Congrats on the change . We'll definitely have to meet up .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #1432
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thank you so much for the map!!!

Crazy question, someone mentioned requesting a room that overlooks the lobby ??? Do they mean that when exiting the room they are directly in the lobby, and they have a balcony that overlooks outside?

Sorry, haven't stayed there yet and am kind if lost!!!
No problem, I am glad people are finding the map useful. The rooms that open to the lobby are on the West side of the map and have open hallways. We had one last time and loved it. Here is a picture from outside the front door of the room:

We really liked this location, but others have noted that you can hear noise from the lobby and WCC in particular, so those who prefer a quieter location might request a room that doesn't open to the lobby.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #1433
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

Just finished reading the whole thread!

Thank you WDWkook for this awesome thread and thank you to all that help the WL newbies with questions!!!

I also have to say that the colored map is really helpful - thank you GrandCalifornian!!

I never thought I'd get to stay at the WL (at least not anytime soon) but I am beyond psyched to stay there 10/5-10/12!!!! Its always been my dream resort and I can't wait to be there in person You've all made me even more excited to be there!!

I have to add that I've always thought cobber was another name for pie, but apparently that is not correct Can anyone help a cobber virgin learn what's in the yummy treat?

Thanks everyone for sharing the WL love!!
POP Oct 2011 F&W + MNSSHP
POR Oct 2012 - Dining Review
POP March 2013
Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Coronado Springs/Cabana Bay TRIP REVIEW October 2014
Old 08-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #1434
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had a wonderful vacation and I will go into more detail with photos in the near future. Your Lodge is as beautiful and cozy as ever! Finally getting around to doing some multi-quoting which I will undertake one page at a time. Realty is such a far cry from WDW!!
Pshhh... A bit of an understatement, Kook!

Glad to see you tho!

Quote:

I color coded the rooms based on the view category information on the original map.
Well look at you!!!

Thanks!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #1435
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink09 View Post
Thank you WDWkook for this awesome thread and thank you to all that help the WL newbies with questions!!!

I also have to say that the colored map is really helpful - thank you GrandCalifornian!!

I never thought I'd get to stay at the WL (at least not anytime soon) but I am beyond psyched to stay there 10/5-10/12!!!! Its always been my dream resort and I can't wait to be there in person You've all made me even more excited to be there!!

I have to add that I've always thought cobber was another name for pie, but apparently that is not correct Can anyone help a cobber virgin learn what's in the yummy treat?

A cobbler is similar to a pie, but it's a fruit compote that you pour a batter over and when the batter bakes, it rises above the fruit. It's oh so yummy, especially warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #1436
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I was wondering why you didn't pick WL at first. I think we are there the weekend before, well maybe, actually I'm hoping!!

Darn too bad I will miss you. We should drive out Christmas day .
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #1437
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have the file so I can make changes as suggested. What do you all think?
The map is great. I love the color coding for the room categories. There are a lot of CV rooms!

I'm saving your image for future reference.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #1438
WDWKOOK

GrandCalifornian's masterpiece is posted in Post #3!

TheLodgeLady's terrific CL map is still located in the CL section, as well as her VWL map, which is in the VWL section.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #1439
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink09 View Post

Thank you for your kind comments and welcome to the thread. I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log and let us know if you have other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Pshhh... A bit of an understatement, Kook!

Glad to see you tho!
We're both in the same post-WL (sinking) boat now. So sad. Who's going next? Who's there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
I was wondering why you didn't pick WL at first. I think we are there the weekend before, well maybe, actually I'm hoping!!

Darn too bad I will miss you. We should drive out Christmas day .
This better not mean that I'm going to miss your famous cookie delivery!

I didn't book WL yesterday because I knew I couldn't book a CL room with a discount. The CSR BC (CL-lite) room was actually available with the discount and a good value considering the additional holiday overcharge so I thought that might be fun to try. But, I had misgivings about CSR from the start and then today I rationalized spending more to upgrade to WL, even without CL, in honor of our 26th anniversary tomorrow. DH agreed with my rationalization, which also gets him off the hook for a gift since I told him the upgrade is my gift and I may have told him it was my Christmas gift, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The map is great. I love the color coding for the room categories. There are a lot of CV rooms!

I'm saving your image for future reference.
Paul is definitely famous now. Remember folks, he got his start here.

Never forget the little Lodgers, Paul!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #1440
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Just saw this review on Disney Dining.

http://www.disneydining.com/disney-d...l-club-review/

I hope you can access this link.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: