Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #1396
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

50th Birthday at CL WL!

I was able to use my TA discount and book a CL room for DD's and my annual January trip. Have only stayed CL for 2 days once at AKL and am so excited. I decided to splurge a little since it will be my 50th birthday in January.

We are going to have a very stressful December (long story) so I find myself feeling sort of teary at the idea of our January trip this year.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1397
MMrules
DIS Veteran

I have a 1 bedroom villa for February. Are there better floors/views than others? I would love to be able to see the woods into the Castle? Do they have that in the villas or just lodge?

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1398
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyraye View Post
And we are right before! Arrive on the 19th! Happy dance!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsFlower View Post
Whispering Canyon? I have 2 reservations scheduled. Dinner the day we arrive and breakfast the morning we leave. I only want to go once. Which do you prefer?

Thanks
I prefer to start a trip out eating in the resort or close by, like TE at FW or CR. It really gets me in the MK resort area mood and more fully immerses you in the resort. We like to end our stay with a visit to our favorite non-signature restaurant, which for us is Tokyo Dining or TE at FW. It's great to end on a high note and gets DH more excited about returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Which way does everyone go to get to Epcot? Do you take the boat to TTC or just catch the bus from the resort? Does one have less waiting than the other, do you prefer one over another? TIA
Welcome, Holly! We prefer to bus to Epcot, but the past couple of weeks, it seemed like such a long trip there. While the bus arrives empty, the Epcot route always seems to have the longest interval between buses and was often an almost 30 min. wait sometimes. Then it goes to FW and packs in more guests. It was SRO one morning around 1000 or so. The bus back is stop #1 at Epcot and the ride to WL is extremely fast, I'd say around 5 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We are all settled in our woods view bunk bed room on the sixth floor! Boys are loving the bunk beds! Although the 2 year old keeps trying to climb up to the top bunk with his brother! We have a view is the contemporary, space mountain and can see the peak of the castle. Having out in the room hoping to see Wishes from our balcony!
Welcome home! You arrived our check-out day. Enjoy your view at the Woods View rate as I've heard that the Disney Gods are looking into re-classifying some North Wing Woods View rooms that have partial MK/Castle/Wishes views as TPV rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I forgot to mention I was really disappointed that there was no availability for flag family through the 21st. Very bummed! At least I didn't mention it to the family so they won't be disappointed!
Sorry you didn't get to be FF this visit (you'll have to book a BB). Sometimes Flag Families are no-shows, so perhaps you could get onto a back-up list if there is a no-show

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Hi everyone! Getting ready to book WL CL for marathon weekend. Do they have king beds at all on the CL level?? I know there is a honeymoon suite with a king but it is booked. Can we at least request this???

GF looks like it has a king booking category in RPC but of course price is a ton more!

Thanks for any info!
Yes, you can request a CL King. There are four other non-Honeymoon Suite King beds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 47 more days!!! getting very excited. Cannot wait to try the yummy cobbler I keep seeing in pictures. My husband LOVES cobbler and is looking forward to CL at his favorite resort.
It's almost Cobbler Time!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #1399
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

To: KOOK

Glad your trip was awesome.... Looking forward to seein Pictures...
Are you going the week of Christmas or before? Christmas week will be BUSY!!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #1400
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post
Arriving in 10 days! It's our first stay at WL! (Second trip to WDW) Does online check in ruin chances of a "Magical upgrade"?
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

OCI has no impact on upgrades. The Room Assignor sees both your OCI requests and any requests you added to your reservation about 3 days prior to arrival. Upgrades are determined by room availability and are at the RA's discretion and should not be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Online check in has zero affect on room requests and magical upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Any information needed on WL TRANSPORTATION can be found on

Page 1

Post # 10 of this thread

WDWKook has done an incredible job compiling a wealth of Wilderness Lodge information and it is all on page one!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Does anyone know how many king bed accessible club level rooms there are?

We booked WL CL for our fist time at WL in December. We couldn't book an accessible room as none were available. We are hoping there is a cancellation because my fiancée uses a power wheelchair and it is so much easier to maneuver around a king bed and use a roll in shower.
Welcome to the thread! There are four non-Honeymoon Suite CL Kings. I know for certain at least one is HA and there might be another one in the other wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real Mrs Potts View Post
How much advance notice needs to be giving to get child care? And is it worth it for my 14 month old for a few hours
Welcome! I have no experience with in-room care, but hopefully someone else can answer your question.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1401
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Kook,

How did I miss all your posts!! I know, too busy trying for events at the F&W Festival. Crazy reservations this year. Disney really has to get their IT act together. We got what we wanted, but I really feel for others trying.

Welcome Back!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1402
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
Hi! I thought that once upon a time I saw a map of the hotel with the bunk bed room locations marked on it. Am I crazy?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Welcome! I've never found one and when I asked for one last week, I was told that it's not for public dissemination and the bunk bed rooms are randomly located throughout the resort. The CL floor has about 6-8 of them which is fewer than the other floors where the wing extends all the way down near the beach/marina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
Also, could you please add us to the list on page 1?
We'll be there Oct 19-26th!
Thanks again!
I'd be happy to add you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
Just booked WL CL for Sept. 21-28. This will be our first trip back to wilderness since 2003. Since our youngest was born we have stayed BC/YC and GF for our last 5 trips but the oldest is a senior this year in high school and doesn't want to go so we are headed back to wilderness since there will only be 4 of us.
Welcome and I'll add you to the Log. I hope you have a great trip back to WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlraposa View Post
Do any of the 2 bdrms villas have closed balconies? Also any room locations better than others?
Thanks!!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl74 View Post
Could you also add my trip the log. September 18 - 23 2014. CL for 40th birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I found this post about the villas in the DVC forum:
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Today is 90 days!!!

Needed to share that somewhere.

And can you add me to the list on the 1st page? Here's my info:

sweetnjmom: 11/11 - 11/17 WL

Not sure if it matters that we're booked for woods view.

Thanks!
Glad you shared it with us here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Hi everyone!! New to this thread

Looks like we will be planning a Mardi Gras trip for 2014, and are seriously considering the WL!!

Can anyone tell me about the rooms / balconies / size of resort? Looking at the ariel shot, it seems like it's HUGE. Are there rooms in the main building? Do all the rooms come with some sort of balcony? Would say the farthest room (near bay lake) be a long walk to the Lobby?

thank in advance.
You're going to love WL - welcome to the thread!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #1403
ocalla
DIS Veteran

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Informed DD last night about our decision to go for Mardi Gras instead of Christmas, and she was quite excited!! She loves the idea of giving WL a try

guess I need to start looking at dining options there!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 08-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #1404
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

What is a TPV room?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #1405
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
We just switched to over to the WL in a Courtyard Bunk Bed room from the Poly. When I got the call about switching to the GF, it got us thinking about whether or not we really wanted to stay at the Poly with all the construction going on. Well, we've always wanted to stay at the WL...so here we come September 18-24. I am so psyched!!!
Welcome and I'll add you to the Log. All the WL rooms were rehabbed last year so you won't encounter any of those disruptions and you've saved some $ over your Poly booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
17 days and counting down, down, down. Only 2 more weekends, and I feel like I have so much to do. The Disney part of our trip should be good, it's the first part, the Sea World part, or I should say the one night we stay close to SW.
How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Using WDW transportation instead of driving is a part of the vacation for me. Since I drive a bunch for my job, and wind up doing most of the family driving, I look forward to having the transportation taken care of for a change while at WDW. If there is an extra 10 minute wait for a bus or a boat, or if it takes a few minutes longer to get somewhere versus how I could have driven it I don't even think twice about it. It is relaxing just to ride and play around with my family.

Of course I am long past the phase where I stress out about rope drops and ADRs and such. YMMV
That can make for a much more relaxing trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Queen Bee View Post
We are booked for a Standard View room for Marathon weekend.

I am trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost to upgrade. We don't spend much time in the room ...... but the thought of being able to see Wishes or the Water parade from our room is appealing ..... Thoughts? Opinions?
Going from STD to Woods isn't much more, but STD to CV is. If you request an INNER CV room, you can see the EWP every night and Bay Lake and the geyser. We love this view, but you can hear the afternoon pool party and the EWP can be loud. I don't know if you have little ones who might be affected by that, but the view is amazing.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #1406
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
What is a TPV room?
Theme Park View, formerly known as Magic Kingdom View.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1407
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Theme Park View, formerly known as Magic Kingdom View.
Oh goodness we have been in the woods view rooms twice where we can see the top of MK and some fireworks. But I would not pay extra for that. The trees are growing too tall for that....wdw would be stretchibg pretty bad to call that TPV...IMHO.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1408
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Hello and good morning! I'm trying to finish my planning binder and I'm trying to find food or drink items that are only specific to the WL and cant find anything! Does anyone have any ideas? TIA

Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #1409
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We are going back to WL CL 2/23/14 to 2/28/14! Booked and deposit down today!
How exciting! I'll add you to the LL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixisenough View Post
I wanted to share the We got on our last night of an amazing trip celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday and our 17th wedding anniversary!!
We always have been drawn to WL and have always founds ways to spend time at this resort on our trips. We are AKL DVC owners, but I decided to end this trip with a 3 night stay in a deluxe Club level room. Let me first say in all ways it did not disappoint and already plan on coming back in January. But this surprise for my girls was icing on the cake!!

I included picutres since it tells the story better!! We found this awesome Mickey sitting with a note on one of the the little nooks on level 5 just sitting in the chair. We just thought at first someone lost this cute little guy.
The only sad part is that I wish I could have thanked this gracious and thoughtful person for making my girls and I smile so much that I was in tears!!!
I am going to share this story on the resort boards also because it shows what a great place WL is!!!
I love this! How unique and what a great memory your kids won't ever forget. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Welcome home Kook . Glad you had a great trip......can't wait to hear all about it and see lots of pics. Yay for booking a Christmas trip . I've always said the best way to get over the post Disney blues is to book another trip right away . Hope it's not too hard getting back to reality.
You're so right about booking! Thanks for holding down the fort so well - no Indians attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I'm glad you had a great time (as if there was ever any doubt). I can't wait to hear about it and see all those awesome pictures I'm sure you will post.
If I do another TR, I'll post the link here. Otherwise, I might just post some random thoughts and photos here. Not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
I was able to use my TA discount and book a CL room for DD's and my annual January trip. Have only stayed CL for 2 days once at AKL and am so excited. I decided to splurge a little since it will be my 50th birthday in January.

We are going to have a very stressful December (long story) so I find myself feeling sort of teary at the idea of our January trip this year.
Welcome! I hope that you find your January trip to be a positive distraction from your stressful December. What a great way to start out the new year at WL and celebrate your 50th. You're going to love CL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I have a 1 bedroom villa for February. Are there better floors/views than others? I would love to be able to see the woods into the Castle? Do they have that in the villas or just lodge?
The VWL rooms that face toward the MK have views blocked by WL. You would only see WL from those rooms. Some prefer a high floor facing toward Bay Lake. The view is mostly of trees, but in the winter months, you can catch a glimpse of the marina/lake area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
To: KOOK

Glad your trip was awesome.... Looking forward to seein Pictures...
Are you going the week of Christmas or before? Christmas week will be BUSY!!!!
Yes, we're going Christmas Week. DD and I have been once before so we know what to expect and how to handle to the crowds. (This will be DH's first Christmas, though we've been in early December once). We skip the parks on Christmas Day and do a resort activity, like horseback riding or Sea Raycers. We make sure we have ADRs and they usually offer coupons for Quick Serves at off times (late morning and early afternoon) which we take advantage of. We aren't park commandos and take it easy during crowded times and book tours and recreation, which is less crowded. We like resort days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Kook,

How did I miss all your posts!! I know, too busy trying for events at the F&W Festival. Crazy reservations this year. Disney really has to get their IT act together. We got what we wanted, but I really feel for others trying.

Welcome Back!
Thank you, friend!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #1410
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Hello and good morning! I'm trying to finish my planning binder and I'm trying to find food or drink items that are only specific to the WL and cant find anything! Does anyone have any ideas? TIA
The 'smores cupcake at Roaring Fork comes to mind, I don't think those are available anywhere else.

There may also be some unique items at WCC (like bottomless milkshakes, although I don't know if the shakes themselves are unique to that location, but the deal is).

Artist Point probably has some of it's own unique dishes. I recall the salmon being something they are known for.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: