Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #121
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYMOM View Post
Are there lights on the trails from WL to Ft. Wilderness? Also, how long does the walk take? Thanks
To the best of my knowledge those paths are lit with lanterns. Not totally sure how long the walk takes but I do know its not nearly as close to WL as I thought!

Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #122
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
I would like to know too. Which rooms don't have a connecting door and do those rooms have good locations?
I only know for certain about CL rooms 7035 and 7127. They directly face the courtyard, like a Bear Face room. I have a PDF I'll consult later to see if I can better answer your question.

Quote:
I am trying to visualize the size of the WL Pool. It looks about half the size of the CR Pool and more like the size of the pool at BWI. Would you say this is about right?

And the slide is also not as high?
I've stayed at the resorts you mention and Poly and I think that the comparison to the size and slide of the Volcano Pool is probably closest. But, unlike the VP at Poly, it feels like there is more seating area and it feels more spread around and less congested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
If I could get WL for December I would be so happy!!

Fingers crossed.

20 days!!!
YAY for December and YAY for now 19 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We've never stayed at BWI or CR so I can't compare the WL pool to either one of those, but I think the volcano pool at the Poly is comparable to the WL pool (although I'm not sure if that helps you unless you're familiar with the Poly pool). It's been awhile since our last WL stay (2006), but I don't remember the slide being high. The slide is fun, IMO, but it's not super high. I think the Poly slide is higher than the WL slide, but as far as the pools are concerned, they are pretty close in size to me.
I think you're spot on with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
I stayed at BWI and WL. We definitely liked BWI Pool and slide better. We are a family of risk takers and the WL Slide was really not thrilling for us. Although,it would be great for younger kids. The WL Pool is probably just about the size of BWI pool. We still love the Grandness of the whole resort. Never stayed at CR, so can't compare.
I just thought your comment I bolded would make a great tag

Quote:
I agree . We love the boat too.....have never had any issues with the buses, but we prefer the boat as the ride is beautiful and relaxing .
It's nice having such good transportation choices at WL/VWL. You can leave one way and come back another

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtragonese View Post
Just joined but have been getting such good info here over the past month. We will be at WL Sept 18-22 celebrating our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary dinner will be at Artist Point. We were going to go to POFQ but switched to WL instead after reading such great reviews about WL. Thank you!

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests/celebrations.

Looking forward to our stay with no kids for this trip!
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

You can call Disney Dining and have them add your anniversary. (Or if you're staying CL, the IPO can do that for you). Special seating requests should be confirmed on arrival. We had our 25th anniversary noted last August there. They brought out a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and a couple of Amuse-bouches which are appetizers that aren't on the menu.

Happy 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
How do you guys feel about Artist Point? DBF really didn't like California Grill because he felt that the food was more about presentation than quality. He's pretty simple, he likes a good steak (or whatever kind of meat) and isn't a fan of ultra trendy or pretentious places. He loved Narcoosee's. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience and if it might work for us?
I'm probably in the minority here. We last ate there for our anniversary last summer and we both ordered the buffalo which neither of us thought was great. My piece was very chewy and not trimmed well. The server did notice that much of mine was inedible and comped an appetizer which we appreciated. We also had a server who was not as good as you might expect from a Signature Dining venue - she was less than 'magical,' I guess you could say.

But, this lackluster experience won't stop us from trying it again. We have it booked again this summer and we just plan on not ordering the buffalo. AP is not pretentious at all so I think your DBF would enjoy the atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
Hi All! How late after MK closes do the boats run? If there are EEH, do they still run?
The MK boat operates from the MK 1 hour and 15 minutes after the park closes or until 11:30 for the Blue Flag.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-21-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Typo.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #123
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

We are staying at WL CL July 18th - Aug 1st for our DD B-day! We did online check in yesterday and are so excited about our trip!

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #124
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I thought the MK bus was great. Quick turnaround from WL to MK and back again.
We kept seeing the FW bus(at least twice), finally the driver asked us to hop on and took us to MK...we saw every bus but MK DH says its me...I go to the store and always pick the longest line. All good

Quote:
I agree . We love the boat too.....have never had any issues with the buses, but we prefer the boat as the ride is beautiful and relaxing .

Hi there, Pas
I love that boat Even the WL bus stops are peaceful

Quote:
Just joined but have been getting such good info here over the past month. We will be at WL Sept 18-22 celebrating our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary dinner will be at Artist Point. We were going to go to POFQ but switched to WL instead after reading such great reviews about WL. Thank you!

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests.

Happy 20th!!! You will love it! DH prefers a kidless WDW trip...he said he can enjoy himself Call the dining line and add the celebration. DH and I did an Ohana breakfast and I mentioned our anniversary...we had a most wonderful castle view (table by the window) snd of course a yummy cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
Hi All! How late after MK closes do the boats run? If there are EEH, do they still run?
We did the night EMH and the boats were running..it was last August, hope it's still the case !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28KatCar View Post
We are staying at WL CL July 18th - Aug 1st for our DD B-day! We did online check in yesterday and are so excited about our trip!
See you there!!! We check in on the 19th (disclaimer...always subject to changes)

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #125
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've stayed at the resorts you mention and Poly and I think that the comparison to the size and slide of the Volcano Pool is probably closest. But, unlike the VP at Poly, it feels like there is more seating area and it feels more spread around and less congested.

It's nice having such good transportation choices at WL/VWL. You can leave one way and come back another
I agree about the seating area of the WL pool vs the Poly pool. As much as we love the volcano pool, the WL pool area does seem a little less hectic with more lounge chairs .

Having good transportation choices is one (of the many) things we love about the WL. After spending a little more time on this thread (as well as reading about other peoples recent CL experiences), I'm started to think about booking WL CL instead of CR for December .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28KatCar View Post
How exciting . You're going to have a great time......WL CL is amazing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #126
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Even the WL bus stops are peaceful
I agree ......there's something about the bus stop area that seems more relaxed and not as hectic as the bus stops at other resorts.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #127
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
How do you guys feel about Artist Point? DBF really didn't like California Grill because he felt that the food was more about presentation than quality. He's pretty simple, he likes a good steak (or whatever kind of meat) and isn't a fan of ultra trendy or pretentious places. He loved Narcoosee's. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience and if it might work for us?
We had dinner a few years ago at Artist Point so although not recent, I hope it will give you a little info for comparison.

The food was not overly fancy and there was a nice variety on the menu. My favorite dish was actually the 3-cheese course I ordered as an appetizer. It was quite yummy. My husband's appetizer and both our entree's were good but not spectacular. I felt they were all overly salty which put a damper on the meal as a whole. Would I go back, yes. Would I go out of my way to squeeze in a ressie, no. Too many other restaurants higher on the list.

Narcoossee's(sp?)....we LOVE! Have eaten here 3 times and it has been fabulous every single time. I would definitely go back here again and again.

If you are on the dining plan, I do not think Artist Point is worth 2 credits but Narcoossee's definitely is If you are staying at WL and want to pay OOP for a dinner at Artist Point, yes....I would eat there. HTHs

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #128
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I've noticed with the new website that you can't add celebrations anymore am I missing it? Has anyone had any luck? I really hate calling if I don't have to.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #129
LINYMOM
Mouseketeer

Please add us to the list. We are going Oct 19-26
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #130
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The bus stops at MK, and is a super quick ride. FWIW I've had much better luck with the boat. The wait was never long, the trip is longer but oh so beautiful!!! We've never waited more than 10 min for a boat in either direction.

My kids love the slides, the pool at WL is neat, there's a bubbling brook type area it's very cool. My DS LOVED the GF pool slide. Is it just you and DD going? WL also has a campfire each night which wasn't crowded and I bet she'd like it. I am a GF lover as well, given the choice (esp with construction) I'll take WL!!!
Thanks pas130!

Yes, DD loves marshmallows so that is on our list! Is the campfire area near the pool?

We plan to take the boat too, but I need to research the bus in case in rains and the boat stops running. Did you have a bad experience with the bus?

If the bus stops at MK, where does it let you off? Does it stop anywhere else before MK? Will it be empty upon boarding at WL?

And when exiting MK, where do you go to catch the bus? And also, how do you know which but to take from MK? Does the bus go directly to WL or does it stop somewhere first. Sorry, we've never taken a bus before, having always stayed on the monorail line.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #131
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks pas130!

Yes, DD loves marshmallows so that is on our list! Is the campfire area near the pool?

We plan to take the boat too, but I need to research the bus in case in rains and the boat stops running. Did you have a bad experience with the bus?

If the bus stops at MK, where does it let you off? Does it stop anywhere else before MK? Will it be empty upon boarding at WL?

And when exiting MK, where do you go to catch the bus? And also, how do you know which but to take from MK? Does the bus go directly to WL or does it stop somewhere first. Sorry, we've never taken a bus before, having always stayed on the monorail line.
Overall we have great bus experience...except when I say let's take the bus instead of the boat...don't ask just bad luck I suppose. The bus trip is SUPER FAST! and no other stops on the MK to WL route. It lets off with the other bus stops.Picture walking pasts the ferry stops and the bus stops are straight ahead from there. We enjoy the boat as it's relaxing and lets you off right by the ferry/monorail area We've never encountered a crowded WL bus, so we have been lucky!

Campfire is behind the Trout Pass (right?)pool bar which is close to geyser and the pool on the beach area DH and I were the only ones there one night

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #132
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Hi WL family!!!!

Needed to give a big cuz we are under the 60 day mark and we are soooooo excited!!!!!

We asked the kids last night what they are most looking forward to:
DD20 = Mickey Bar!
DS17 = Old Faithful Club

This trip is extra special for us cuz
1) it's the only resort DS has known.
2) He and DD wanted to go back "one last time as kids"
3) We're celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

Have a Magical Day everyone!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #133
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Room location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I only know for certain about CL rooms 7035 and 7127. They directly face the courtyard, like a Bear Face room. I have a PDF I'll consult later to see if I can better answer your question.

Thanks KOOK and all those who responded on the pool. We're excited to try it out!

KOOK, I looked at the locations of 7035 and 7127 and I feel they are too far from the OFC. What do you recommend I request for room location? We would like to be quiet, reasonably close to the lounge and yet have a view of something that's not a utility area, parking or rooftops. We don't want to see Wishes but a lake view and EWP would be nice. Barring that, woods would be nice too.

Also, is there a room view that lets you see the boat dock? So we can see when the boat is coming? Lol lazy I know. When we stayed at BWI we got a room where you could see when the boat to Epcot was coming and we loved it.

Last edited by turningleaf; 05-20-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #134
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Hi!

I did online check in at our 60 day mark. Does anyone know if you get an email saying anything about that? The only difference on MDE is that the online check in button is no longer there.

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #135
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests.

I would call. I also would recommend Izzy, as your server. He is a treasure and very knowledgeable. He only added to our anniversary celebration. We are headed down in August but will celebrate our anniversary at AP. Our 25th was May 7th. WL is one of the best stays on property and you won't be sorry that you decided to stay there. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your stay.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: