Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #1291
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
It took a couple of weeks but I read through all 80-something pages My compliments to WDWKook for such lovely thread maintenance!

Last December I did a WL resort visit to see the decorations. It was so gorgeous! So this December I have reserved 3 Woods View rooms for our multi-family group ranging from age 4 to mid-70s. The mid-70s folks are my DIL's parents and this will be their first trip to Disney I'm trying to do what I can to make it special and as easy on them as possible as both have mobility issues.

Anyway, a couple of things:

1. Is there a larger image of the room location map on page 3? I don't know if it's my old eyes or horrible computer monitor resolution, but I can't read the room numbers on it.

2. Are the cobblers only available on Club Level? Those are so fantastic looking!

Thank you!

I will be there 12/6 this year - WHAT was the weather like for you last year in Dec - I have a 4 year old and I want to dress him appropriately I BOOKED THIS TIME OF YEAR BECAUSE I BET IT IS GORGEOUS I cant wait!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #1292
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Here is a link to a larger image of the room numbers. It is still a little hard to read, but better than the one on the first page.

http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm

The Territory Lounge serves cobbler. And there is berry cobbler listed on the dinner buffet menu at Trail's End Restaurant in Fort Wilderness. WE plan to eat at both those places in December.
Thanks! I can finally make out the room numbers

I'm very happy to know that I'll be able to taste some of those lovely looking cobblers

How far a walk is it to Ft. Wilderness? Is it paved well enough to use an ECV on it?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1293
mrorke
Earning My Ears

Standard Room Room request

We are staying at the WL 9/20 - 9/24 and have book a standard room view. Are their "better" standard rooms or should I not even bother worrying about asking for a particular room?

Also, do you think if you request a particular room is lessens your chances of a room upgrade? (I've read that upgrades are rare at WD)

Michelle

Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1294
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrorke View Post
We are staying at the WL 9/20 - 9/24 and have book a standard room view. Are their "better" standard rooms or should I not even bother worrying about asking for a particular room?

Also, do you think if you request a particular room is lessens your chances of a room upgrade? (I've read that upgrades are rare at WD)

Michelle
I think that upgrades for standard view rooms are not unusual at WL. And since Sept is not usually real crowded, you might get lucky.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #1295
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Michelle
We got upgraded to a courtyard room from a standard view last month. The receptionist didn't even mention at check-in so we got a lovely surprise when we walked out onto the balcony.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #1296
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
It took a couple of weeks but I read through all 80-something pages My compliments to WDWKook for such lovely thread maintenance!

Last December I did a WL resort visit to see the decorations. It was so gorgeous! So this December I have reserved 3 Woods View rooms for our multi-family group ranging from age 4 to mid-70s. The mid-70s folks are my DIL's parents and this will be their first trip to Disney I'm trying to do what I can to make it special and as easy on them as possible as both have mobility issues.

Anyway, a couple of things:

1. Is there a larger image of the room location map on page 3? I don't know if it's my old eyes or horrible computer monitor resolution, but I can't read the room numbers on it.

2. Are the cobblers only available on Club Level? Those are so fantastic looking!

Thank you!
There is also a berry cobbler on the dessert menu at Artist Point. It was delicious.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1297
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

Michelle
If you have a preference, it is worth noting, especially in September. There are relatively few standard view rooms at WL, so there is a good chance you'll get something nicer. I wouldn't request a specific room, but would request general locations.

Even within standard view, one big decision / option to request is whether you prefer a room that opens to the lobby. These rooms have open hallways with awesome views towards the inside of the resort, but can be noisier than rooms in one of the wings.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #1298
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

I have a question re: Room requests for WL.
I received an e-mail from IPO (extremely helpful!)
I had asked about the views available for Deluxe Club level rooms. I know they're not on the same level as the Lounge.
I know I could ask this on the CL thread, but the info on this thread has been SO helpful!!
They told me there are Main Courtyard Views, Woods View & Bay Lake View.
I don't think there are any views of the Castle, but I saw one of the photos posted & It looked like a corner view of the pool & it looked like you could see the whole resort!
I know they are just requests, but if any of you are familiar with the Deluxe rooms, which one would you request? We are balcony people & like to sit on the balcony & relax..
Any thoughts are helpful! I did look at the pictures and diagram.
TIA
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #1299
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I have a question re: Room requests for WL.
I received an e-mail from IPO (extremely helpful!)
I had asked about the views available for Deluxe Club level rooms. I know they're not on the same level as the Lounge.
I know I could ask this on the CL thread, but the info on this thread has been SO helpful!!
They told me there are Main Courtyard Views, Woods View & Bay Lake View.
I don't think there are any views of the Castle, but I saw one of the photos posted & It looked like a corner view of the pool & it looked like you could see the whole resort!
I know they are just requests, but if any of you are familiar with the Deluxe rooms, which one would you request? We are balcony people & like to sit on the balcony & relax..
Any thoughts are helpful! I did look at the pictures and diagram.
TIA
Personally, we would request main courtyard view. This way the deluxe room looks out over the courtyard and directly at Bay Lake and would be a much shorter distance to OFC then the ones all the way at the end of each wing.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #1300
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I think it depends on what you feel is most important to you.
Would you feel devastated for your DD if she didn't get the bunk beds? For some ppl, it's very important!
To me, the true perks of concierge is the assistance with my ADR's if necessary, my travel arrangements, arrangements for any last min activities I haven't booked, you just give them ur Credit card & you're good to go!
Whatever you decide, it's Disney!! Any day in Disney is a great day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You're welcome . Good luck deciding.

I agree with the pp that it depends how set you are on getting bunk beds. WL CL is amazing and if it's doable, I would definitely recommend it. However, if bunk beds would trump having a lounge and snacks, then I would book the bunk bed room for your DD. Chances of you getting bunk beds in a CL room is probably pretty good, but it's not guaranteed. Good luck.
Thank you both for your replies - very very good points. The bunk beds are very important. We don't do a lot of ADRs and planned activities - we kind of "fly by the seat of our pants" if you will. I usually plan one character meal for DD and that's about it.

I wonder if I should book bunk beds and then when I get there, see if there is a bunk bed room in CL that I can upgrade to? Or book CL and if there are no bunk bed rooms, see if they can get me in one?

We do have one "do nothing" day planned, so we will be at the resort that day. I also thought doing CL would take some of the feeling at get at Disney sometimes about being "part of the herd". Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again - perfect responses!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #1301
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Thank you both for your replies - very very good points. The bunk beds are very important. We don't do a lot of ADRs and planned activities - we kind of "fly by the seat of our pants" if you will. I usually plan one character meal for DD and that's about it.

I wonder if I should book bunk beds and then when I get there, see if there is a bunk bed room in CL that I can upgrade to? Or book CL and if there are no bunk bed rooms, see if they can get me in one?

We do have one "do nothing" day planned, so we will be at the resort that day. I also thought doing CL would take some of the feeling at get at Disney sometimes about being "part of the herd". Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again - perfect responses!
You're welcome...good luck with your decision .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #1302
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Page 2 Rescue

Old 08-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #1303
jesster
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

We'll be WL first-timers April 27-May 4th. Would y'all recommend doing the WL tour one morning, even though we'll be staying there? I have three boys who are all into trains, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get to see Walt's model trains, or a special room that houses them (?) on the tour. Despite awesomeness of the trains, is this a tour you'd take an active four-year-old boy on?

Just wrapped up our POR + CR TPV CL trip! Dreaming of the next one...
Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #1304
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster View Post
Hi all!

We'll be WL first-timers April 27-May 4th. Would y'all recommend doing the WL tour one morning, even though we'll be staying there? I have three boys who are all into trains, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get to see Walt's model trains, or a special room that houses them (?) on the tour. Despite awesomeness of the trains, is this a tour you'd take an active four-year-old boy on?
Welcome! We haven't taken the tour, but from what I have seen it is towards kids and involves finding hidden mickeys at the resort. We would like to do it sometime, but there is so much fun stuff to do while in WDW.

The train stuff is in a room in the lobby of the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, so you can walk over and check it out for as long as your boys prefer. I don't imagine it will capture their attention for too long, but it is worth checking out.

Enjoy your trip and feel free to ask anything that crosses your mind. There are lots of super helpful people on here.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #1305
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
There is also a berry cobbler on the dessert menu at Artist Point. It was delicious.
Yet another reason to schedule an Artist Point ADR! Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: