Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #1231
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you so much for posting your great photos here! Just so no one is confused, your room was a Deluxe room. There are only two suites at WL - Presidential and VP. But, there are 25 Deluxe rooms that have club level access and they are located on floors 1-6.

I bet you're so excited about your upcoming trip. The Lodge is as beautiful as when you left it
Thanks for the correction! I couldn't remember what they called it. We're staying in the Villas this trip, and I think I'll miss the main lodge a bit, BUT I will enjoy the extra room and bigger bathroom and washing machine!

Can't believe it's so close now!!

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #1232
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

I tried to find my last post, but perhaps I forgot to ask.

Does anyone have past experience with taking a cab from WL to AK for an early ADR? How much time would I need to allocate to get the cab (if I don't use the buses) and would anyone know a ballpark price for the ride?

Thanks!

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #1233
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian

That's great. Having another trip planned will sure help make going home after this year's trip a little better. WL is so peaceful and feels secluded while still being very close to MK. When you're there in a few weeks you should cruise over and check out WL. The boat ride from MK is nice and beautiful, or if you're in a hurry you can get there even quicker by bus. Compared to the Poly the rooms are smaller, but one thing we like is that everything is in one building. The cost savings are really nice too... While you're there visiting you could grab a meal or at least a snack from Roaring Fork. Enjoy your trips!
It definitely does!! We booked a bb offer last year so leaving was not near as bad!! We're definitely planning on making a visit to WL while we're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

I hadn't booked our resort stays for this December yet and I was already pricing out resorts for next year . I think you will love the WL. We've stayed at both the Poly and BC (with the Poly being our favorite), but the WL is just amazing . Good luck and have fun planning
For some reason it seems the planning part is just as fun. The resort does look amazing!!! I will say, it does remind me of Bass Pro, lol.

I talked to DH about a split stay and he does not want to do that so on to "plan b". Right now WL is winning for the resort stay next year!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #1234
marymac123
DIS Veteran

KOOK, I'm glad you're having a nice time. Great pics! I can't wait! I thought it was you who mentioned that mousekeeping at WL is being called something else...was it Lodgekeeping? I gotta get my envelopes done. Thanks!!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #1235
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Early check in policy?

I am within my 60 day window so am eligible to check in. I am willing to do so but am curious about what happens if something comes up and my plans change. For DW and me that is always a possibility it seems -although we have never had to cancel a trip before.
If I am already "checked in" this far in advance will it be more of a hassle to uncheck myself and get refund/credit should something come up?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #1236
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

WL weather the 1st week of December

WL looks sooo comfy cozy - and I'm from NE so it will be chilly when we come for our vaca 12/6/2013 - So I'm wondering what to pack - WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE the first week of December???? Can anyone help me out here? Will I beable to swim in that wonderful pool at WL
Old 08-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #1237
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

ticker

ticker - I can't figure out how to get my ticker to work....where do I copy and past the URL??
Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #1238
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
ticker - I can't figure out how to get my ticker to work....where do I copy and past the URL??
When you are logged in, first click UserCP at the top left, then from the list on the left side choose "Edit Signature" From there you can paste the URL, and preview how it will look. Good Luck!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1239
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down

ticker didn't work....
Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #1240
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Do I paste it in the body of where you would type??? I'm learning this site - and this is really frustrating me
Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1241
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
When you are logged in, first click UserCP at the top left, then from the list on the left side choose "Edit Signature" From there you can paste the URL, and preview how it will look. Good Luck!

Do I paste it in the body of where you would type??? I'm learning this site - and this is really frustrating me
Old 08-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #1242
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Early check in policy?

I am within my 60 day window so am eligible to check in. I am willing to do so but am curious about what happens if something comes up and my plans change. For DW and me that is always a possibility it seems -although we have never had to cancel a trip before.
If I am already "checked in" this far in advance will it be more of a hassle to uncheck myself and get refund/credit should something come up?
What is the benefit of checking in so early? I'm just curious because this wasn't available my last visit.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #1243
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
Posted these in the picture thread, but thought I would put them here too, in case anyone is wondering about the 1bdroom suite. This one was on the 6th floor.

With our September trip fast upon us, I've been looking through last year's pictures and decided to share! Apologies for the large number of pictures.

Thanks for letting me share!
Great pics....thanks for posting them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Queen Bee View Post
Wow - this is a great thread!!!

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first in Jan 2014 (Marathon weekend).

I have been reading through this thread but it's 82 pages long!! Kinda time intensive, LOL!

What would you say are the top 5 things I need to know about WL?!?!?!?!

Congrats on booking the WL....you're going to love it . We love the WL for the following reasons:

1. Great pool with beautiful surroundings
2. Roaring Forks is great for quick CS meals/snacks and Artist Point is very nice for a signature dinner
3. Rooms are decent size
4. The bus transportation is quick and efficient and the boat to MK is nice and relaxing (and it's also convenient to the CR)
5. The lobby is great for relaxing in a rocking chair while taking in the beautiful atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Not surprisingly, we ate too much. But, at least we walked there and back. Service and food was great, as usual.
Glad you had a nice breakfast .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
For some reason it seems the planning part is just as fun. The resort does look amazing!!! I will say, it does remind me of Bass Pro, lol.

I talked to DH about a split stay and he does not want to do that so on to "plan b". Right now WL is winning for the resort stay next year!!!!
I agree.....I love the planning too .

The WL is amazing and I'm sure you will have a great time if you decide to stay there . And I can see how it might resemble Bass Pro .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Early check in policy?

I'm not sure how that would be effected, but I would assume if you cancelled your trip that the room (even though you were already "checked in") would cancel too. Hopefully someone will be able to give a more definite answer .

Quote:
WL looks sooo comfy cozy - and I'm from NE so it will be chilly when we come for our vaca 12/6/2013 - So I'm wondering what to pack - WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE the first week of December???? Can anyone help me out here? Will I beable to swim in that wonderful pool at WL
Weather in December is very unpredictable. We have been twice in December (2003 & 2010) and in 2003 we swam on our arrival day, but then the pool was closed for the rest of the week due to the cold. We weren't prepared and ended up buying coats and gloves. But then in 2010, we swam 3 or 4 days out of our trip as temps were in the low to mid 80s. With that said, I would pack a little of everything as you never know what kind of weather you will have .

Quote:
Yes, there will be a box for you to paste it into. It looks like you are not getting the entire URL. Make sure when you copy, that you are getting everything.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #1244
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Great pics....thanks for posting them .

Congrats on booking the WL....you're going to love it . We love the WL for the following reasons:

1. Great pool with beautiful surroundings
2. Roaring Forks is great for quick CS meals/snacks and Artist Point is very nice for a signature dinner
3. Rooms are decent size
4. The bus transportation is quick and efficient and the boat to MK is nice and relaxing (and it's also convenient to the CR)
5. The lobby is great for relaxing in a rocking chair while taking in the beautiful atmosphere

Glad you had a nice breakfast .

I agree.....I love the planning too .

The WL is amazing and I'm sure you will have a great time if you decide to stay there . And I can see how it might resemble Bass Pro .

I'm not sure how that would be effected, but I would assume if you cancelled your trip that the room (even though you were already "checked in") would cancel too. Hopefully someone will be able to give a more definite answer .

Weather in December is very unpredictable. We have been twice in December (2003 & 2010) and in 2003 we swam on our arrival day, but then the pool was closed for the rest of the week due to the cold. We weren't prepared and ended up buying coats and gloves. But then in 2010, we swam 3 or 4 days out of our trip as temps were in the low to mid 80s. With that said, I would pack a little of everything as you never know what kind of weather you will have .

Yes, there will be a box for you to paste it into. It looks like you are not getting the entire URL. Make sure when you copy, that you are getting everything.
It is the URL that I copy - right? when in the ticker it actually has 3 or 4 types to copy and paste??? YOU ARE WONDERFUL TO TYPE THIS THRU W/ME thank you soo much
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1245
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is the URL that I copy - right? when in the ticker it actually has 3 or 4 types to copy and paste??? YOU ARE WONDERFUL TO TYPE THIS THRU W/ME thank you soo much
You're very welcome.....glad to help .

Not sure which one you're using, but this is the one I always copy/paste:

PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode
Used on many message boards that don't allow HTML.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: