Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #106
nathanyell
DIS Veteran
 
nathanyell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
December would be AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I already changed it The girls want to be as close to MK as possible. I know WL will make them feel like true royalty. Since DH LOVES WL, he will be happy. Just hope the Pas clan doesn't ruin the WL serenity for the other guests
If I could get WL for December I would be so happy!!

Fingers crossed.

20 days!!!
__________________
BRIAN

nathanyell is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #107
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
I am trying to visualize the size of the WL Pool. It looks about half the size of the CR Pool and more like the size of the pool at BWI. Would you say this is about right?

And the slide is also not as high?
I've never been to CR or BWI, but I have seen the CR pool. It may not be much smaller than the CR..hopefully others can help. The WL slide is the only slide I've been brave enough for, and it was plenty fun for me (I'm kinda wimpy..but I sped down it)
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #108
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182

Bus or Boat to MK

Is the bus nonstop to MK and does it stop in front of the MK or at the TTC? All these years of leaving MK - we usually walk to the monorail, and I've never noticed any buses around.

How often does the boat leave WL and/ or MK?

Lol pas130! I am a slide wimp too, but DD loves them. She wanted the "rock pool" slide at GF but the waterfall has not been on in prep for the renovation next week. Now she's 5 and we want to try WL.
turningleaf is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #109
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
I am trying to visualize the size of the WL Pool. It looks about half the size of the CR Pool and more like the size of the pool at BWI. Would you say this is about right?

And the slide is also not as high?
We've never stayed at BWI or CR so I can't compare the WL pool to either one of those, but I think the volcano pool at the Poly is comparable to the WL pool (although I'm not sure if that helps you unless you're familiar with the Poly pool). It's been awhile since our last WL stay (2006), but I don't remember the slide being high. The slide is fun, IMO, but it's not super high. I think the Poly slide is higher than the WL slide, but as far as the pools are concerned, they are pretty close in size to me.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #110
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Is the bus nonstop to MK and does it stop in front of the MK or at the TTC? All these years of leaving MK - we usually walk to the monorail, and I've never noticed any buses around.

How often does the boat leave WL and/ or MK?

Lol pas130! I am a slide wimp too, but DD loves them. She wanted the "rock pool" slide at GF but the waterfall has not been on in prep for the renovation next week. Now she's 5 and we want to try WL.
The bus stops at MK, and is a super quick ride. FWIW I've had much better luck with the boat. The wait was never long, the trip is longer but oh so beautiful!!! We've never waited more than 10 min for a boat in either direction.

My kids love the slides, the pool at WL is neat, there's a bubbling brook type area it's very cool. My DS LOVED the GF pool slide. Is it just you and DD going? WL also has a campfire each night which wasn't crowded and I bet she'd like it. I am a GF lover as well, given the choice (esp with construction) I'll take WL!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #111
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
20 days!!!
20 days!!!


Hi MickeyNut!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #112
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The bus stops at MK, and is a super quick ride. FWIW I've had much better luck with the boat. The wait was never long, the trip is longer but oh so beautiful!!! We've never waited more than 10 min for a boat in either direction.

My kids love the slides, the pool at WL is neat, there's a bubbling brook type area it's very cool. My DS LOVED the GF pool slide. Is it just you and DD going? WL also has a campfire each night which wasn't crowded and I bet she'd like it. I am a GF lover as well, given the choice (esp with construction) I'll take WL!!!
I thought the MK bus was great. Quick turnaround from WL to MK and back again.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #113
disd55
Mouseketeer
 
disd55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
I am trying to visualize the size of the WL Pool. It looks about half the size of the CR Pool and more like the size of the pool at BWI. Would you say this is about right?

And the slide is also not as high?
I stayed at BWI and WL. We definitely liked BWI Pool and slide better. We are a family of risk takers and the WL Slide was really not thrilling for us. Although,it would be great for younger kids. The WL Pool is probably just about the size of BWI pool. We still love the Grandness of the whole resort. Never stayed at CR, so can't compare.
disd55 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #114
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The bus stops at MK, and is a super quick ride. FWIW I've had much better luck with the boat. The wait was never long, the trip is longer but oh so beautiful!!! We've never waited more than 10 min for a boat in either direction.
I agree . We love the boat too.....have never had any issues with the buses, but we prefer the boat as the ride is beautiful and relaxing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hi MickeyNut!!!
Hi there, Pas
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #115
dtragonese
Earning My Ears
 
dtragonese's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5

Just joined but have been getting such good info here over the past month. We will be at WL Sept 18-22 celebrating our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary dinner will be at Artist Point. We were going to go to POFQ but switched to WL instead after reading such great reviews about WL. Thank you!

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests.

Looking forward to our stay with no kids for this trip!
dtragonese is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #116
disd55
Mouseketeer
 
disd55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtragonese View Post
Just joined but have been getting such good info here over the past month. We will be at WL Sept 18-22 celebrating our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary dinner will be at Artist Point. We were going to go to POFQ but switched to WL instead after reading such great reviews about WL. Thank you!

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests.

Looking forward to our stay with no kids for this trip!
We literally went through the same situation, almost! Not anniversary, family trip, almost booked POFQ but then booked WL because we loved it the first time and decided to stay again! It really is amazing! Anyways, you should call, but not too far in advance, as they may forget to add it to your reservation. It is a very popular restaurant, so it is recommended to call for stuff like that.
disd55 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #117
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears
 
WDW in Pearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 484

How do you guys feel about Artist Point? DBF really didn't like California Grill because he felt that the food was more about presentation than quality. He's pretty simple, he likes a good steak (or whatever kind of meat) and isn't a fan of ultra trendy or pretentious places. He loved Narcoosee's. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience and if it might work for us?
__________________
Disney Inn 1988 Polynesian 1989-1993, Club Level 1995-1996, 2000-2001
Grand Floridian Club Level 1994 Pop Century 2008 Dolphin 2011
Wilderness Lodge 2012 and 2013First Disney Cruise in 2014??


WDW in Pearls is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #118
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtragonese View Post
Just joined but have been getting such good info here over the past month. We will be at WL Sept 18-22 celebrating our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary dinner will be at Artist Point. We were going to go to POFQ but switched to WL instead after reading such great reviews about WL. Thank you!

For Artist Point should I call and add to my dining reservation about our anniversary and any requests such as a window table, or just mention it when we arrive for dinner? There was no place on the online ADR form to put in special requests.

Looking forward to our stay with no kids for this trip!
Welcome

Congratulations on 20 years . I think you made a great resort choice, as well as restaurant choice, for your anniversary. Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
How do you guys feel about Artist Point? DBF really didn't like California Grill because he felt that the food was more about presentation than quality. He's pretty simple, he likes a good steak (or whatever kind of meat) and isn't a fan of ultra trendy or pretentious places. He loved Narcoosee's. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience and if it might work for us?
We LOVE Artist Point!! We had a great experience and will definitely return. We had the filet and salmon and both were awesome .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #119
dsnyfan608
Mouseketeer
 
dsnyfan608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216

Hi All! How late after MK closes do the boats run? If there are EEH, do they still run?
dsnyfan608 is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #120
LINYMOM
Mouseketeer
 
LINYMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 158

Are there lights on the trails from WL to Ft. Wilderness? Also, how long does the walk take? Thanks
LINYMOM is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: