Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #91
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Kook,

I know you like the CL rooms w/o a connecting door. Are your two favorite room the only ones w/o the connecting door? We really like 7043 because of the view (we stayed in 5043 our very first WL trip).

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #92
disd55
Mouseketeer

No construction at WL mid-late August right? I believe something was supposed to end in early August. TIA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #93
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

CuteAsMinnie that pic is so cute. This is what we bought

Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013

Last edited by LuvGoldens; 05-18-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #94
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

^^ Aww very cute!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #95
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

This thread is really well done. I love the links on the first page. Thank you for your hard work, WDWKOOK
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #96
pas130
DIS Veteran

Ms. Kookalicious... Please add the Pas crew to the log (again...ahem) in 2 CL rooms....July 19-25
Old 05-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #97
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
Just changed our reservation from CBR to WL. It's always been our favorite. So excited. this trip is a shorty just 2 night, we figured its best to be "home", this way we don't have to navigate a new resort.

Someone up thread asked about RD at MK. We take a cab to the CR, we have them drop us off just past the resort and then we walk over to MK.

Add us to the log too. June 13-15. Thanks for starting this beauty thread.
You've been logged and congratulations on your great upgrade! Just so others know, besides a cab to MK, you can also make RD by boat or direct bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Hi Kook,

We've changed our trip slightly and are now booked for WL Sept 9-17 with no AoA at the beginning if you could modify us on the Log...thank you!

We were at Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago for a day after our cruise and I bought the cutest little Orange Bird magnet with a clip on it for my fridge and it made me think of you and this thread
You've been amended

LOVE your OB magnet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
Please add me to the log - We'll be back home to WL June 3 - 8.
You've been added and I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiesmom View Post
Love this thread! Heading to WL next Thursday for an unexpected, last minute trip with my DD (14). Can't wait! It's been a few years since we have stayed here and am looking forward to it. We will be there May 23-27.
I've logged you and my DD is 14, too. You both will have a great time and don't forget about those all-you-can drink milk shakes at WCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HRH is getting over her stomach bug. It doesn't stop her RC ways!!! I passed up a great deal on renting points because I didn't want to be locked in And I passed up my BLT booking for club level....I actually changed to CSR BC today. Cut the trip price IN HALF!!! I know you stayed there...hope the kids enjoy it! I am happy to go back to WDW!!!

I miss that room
Poor thing, I hope she's keeping food down now. I bet you'll be back someday to your WL HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
This can really be an individual decision, but the map on the third post of this thread http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...96&postcount=3 gives you the information about which rooms are which categories. The North Wing is preferred by some because the woods view rooms generally face towards MK, and therefore have a chance at seeing wishes over the trees. Roaring Fork, the quick service restaurant and drink refill station is on the first floor near the elevators in the middle of the North Wing, so having closer access to that is preferred by some. Another big factor to consider is whether you want to be near the lobby. The rooms on the left end of the map have open hallways that overlook the main lobby of the resort. While this is beautiful and the room location we prefer, some find them to be too noisy. South Wing rooms might be considered a little quieter, and are closer to the bus stop at the Southwest corner of the map. The Woods view rooms in the South Wing tend to be toward the lobby end of the wing, because further down is considered courtyard view on either side of the hallway (because the main pool ones are Inner Courtyard, but the other side is Villas courtyard).

Overall the biggest thing to remember is that room location at WL isn't as important as at many other resorts because it is relatively compact and all under one roof. You really can't go wrong. Enjoy your planning and your trips.
Great advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK4Bama View Post
Any room suggestions for the villas?
I haven't stayed in them, but since you can't book a view, some like to request a room facing toward Bay Lake (you can see a bit of it through the trees) and a high floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
I found the new thread yay!

I am thinking of a short 2 day trip this week. Just wanted to ask what's going on at WL these days construction wise. Is it all done? Are the pool and slide open?

We are looking at GF and CR but I think the GF is pretty much out due to so much construction over there. We haven't been since last summer, so I had a lot of reading to do. Just found out California Grill is closed.

Thanks!
Welcome! The first post has the current and recent rehabs, that I know about. Nothing major is going on now - certainly nothing even close to all the GF DVC and pool work. No slide/pool closures that I know of - you should be just fine. CA Grill should be opening in the early part of September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Kook,

I know you like the CL rooms w/o a connecting door. Are your two favorite room the only ones w/o the connecting door? We really like 7043 because of the view (we stayed in 5043 our very first WL trip).

I'm not sure. I know that the only two w/o a connecting door that directly face out to Bay Lake and the inner courtyard are 7035 and 7127. There may be two more Woods View rooms in both wings that are at the end closest to the lounge and closest to the Smokehouse area, but I'm guessing here.

Love your OB photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
No construction at WL mid-late August right? I believe something was supposed to end in early August. TIA!
If there is construction then, it hasn't been publicized yet. Only the exterior repairs through 2 August. There was major room rehab/common area and roof work last year, so I don't know what major work would be left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
This thread is really well done. I love the links on the first page. Thank you for your hard work, WDWKOOK
Thank you so much, johnsonet! I really appreciate your compliment and welcome to the thread

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #98
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Ms. Kookalicious... Please add the Pas crew to the log (again...ahem) in 2 CL rooms....July 19-25
Consider it done (with my magical erasing posting quill).

What happened to CSR BC? You know I really approve of this change, but since your ticker now says that you "promised no changes," I'm worried it will change
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #99
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HRH is getting over her stomach bug. It doesn't stop her RC ways!!! I passed up a great deal on renting points because I didn't want to be locked in And I passed up my BLT booking for club level....I actually changed to CSR BC today. Cut the trip price IN HALF!!! I know you stayed there...hope the kids enjoy it! I am happy to go back to WDW!!!

I miss that room
Hope HRH feels better soon. DD has been sick off and on all spring.

We did like CSR-BC. It was just enough amenities for us that trip. The sangria is awesome. It does not compare to CL though. It was closed from 10am to 5pm. Though we ended up taking quite a bit of stuff back to the room for our own stash. Basic continental for breakfast. There are no hot apps at night. But it wa good for snacks and a great location.

MIL hasmore points for is to use before the end of the year so I'm hoping to snag another disney property. Fingers crossed for a early December trip.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #100
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Kook,

I would like to know too. Which rooms don't have a connecting door and do those rooms have good locations?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #101
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Consider it done (with my magical erasing posting quill).

What happened to CSR BC? You know I really approve of this change, but since your ticker now says that you "promised no changes," I'm worried it will change
My sweet sis...it's ALL GOOD! I promised no changes yesterday, no I already broke the promise DH just doesn't know it yet
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #102
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

WL Pool

I am trying to visualize the size of the WL Pool. It looks about half the size of the CR Pool and more like the size of the pool at BWI. Would you say this is about right?

And the slide is also not as high?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #103
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see another change. I'm assuming HRH was home sick and convinced you to change. Lol.

I'm glad we are at WL so I feel good not changing.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #104
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
Hope HRH feels better soon. DD has been sick off and on all spring.

We did like CSR-BC. It was just enough amenities for us that trip. The sangria is awesome. It does not compare to CL though. It was closed from 10am to 5pm. Though we ended up taking quite a bit of stuff back to the room for our own stash. Basic continental for breakfast. There are no hot apps at night. But it wa good for snacks and a great location.

MIL hasmore points for is to use before the end of the year so I'm hoping to snag another disney property. Fingers crossed for a early December trip.
December would be AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I already changed it The girls want to be as close to MK as possible. I know WL will make them feel like true royalty. Since DH LOVES WL, he will be happy. Just hope the Pas clan doesn't ruin the WL serenity for the other guests
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #105
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
I see another change. I'm assuming HRH was home sick and convinced you to change. Lol.

I'm glad we are at WL so I feel good not changing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: