Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #976
Lyons Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu1978 View Post
Both DH and I graduated from Penn State. I actually graduated in 1982…not sure at this point why I chose my starting year for my name years ago.

When did you graduate?

To save on finances I did most of my undergraduate at the Shenango campus, with rare visits to state college. Did alot of my labs at Beaver campus.
Graduated 1987 BSN.

It was fun.

Now DD getting ready to go to Bowling Green, 22 days, till the DD flies the coop..............

Parent time

WDW Wilderness Lodge 2001
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2004
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2005
Eastern Magic 7 Day Cruise 2006
WDW Grand Floridian 2007
Western Mariner of the Sea August 2008
Hawaii land vacation 2009
Freedom of the Seas Western Carribean 2010
WDW Grand Floridian June 2011
Freedom of the Seas Western Carribean 2012
Allure of the Seas Western Carribean 2013
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2014
Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #977
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, I can't wait to lounge in those rocking chairs in 4 weeks and 5 days!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #978
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons Family View Post
To save on finances I did most of my undergraduate at the Shenango campus, with rare visits to state college. Did alot of my labs at Beaver campus.
Graduated 1987 BSN.

It was fun.

Now DD getting ready to go to Bowling Green, 22 days, till the DD flies the coop..............

Parent time
Are you from the Shenango campus area? I live in New Castle.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #979
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

So WL experts..

How "worth it" is a courtyard view room over a woods view room? The possible castle view from a woods view room (and lower price) sounds appealing, but just how likely is it that this view request would be granted? Are we talking about five rooms with a partial castle view or twenty, for example?

We're considering the WL this January and debating which room view to pick. I'm tempted to try CL for the first time since I've heard such great things about WL's CL, but it's hard to justify paying nearly the same amount for that as Poly GV (unless, of course, the WL is discounted at a higher rate than the Poly).

We will be four adults staying in one room. Do you guys think the WL rooms will feel way too small in comparison to those at the monorail resorts?
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #980
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

So many people on here have been to WL before so, I will ask my question here. How are bus lines on the way out of the parks? Do the buses come more often than say the POP buses because it is a deluxe. Just wondering
Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #981
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaver View Post
Hoping for some opinions from those who know WL well.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a WDW trip for early Dec 2014. It will be me, DH and our then 4 yr old daughter.

My mom has expressed a desire to join us. I would love to have her along.

Could 3 adults and a 4 yr old fit comfortably in a bunk bed room?

I am considering doing club level as well. It would be less than her booking her own room and would offer somewhere to go if the room felt tight.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
I think 3 adults and 1 child would be fine at the WL in a BB room. Keep in mind that if you decide to go with CL, a BB room is only a request and is not guaranteed as it's not a bookable category on the club floor. If you don't get bunk beds, the room will have 2 queens. With that said, unless bunk beds are a must do, I would definitely consider going with CL as it's amazing. The food offerings are good, the lounge is spacious with plenty of seating, and the CL CMs are awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
I know this will be an unusual request...

Dh broke his WL mug a few years go and forgot to get one when were were just there (having a two year old to run after made things a little crazy!). I wanted to get it for him for his Bday, but the Mercantile won't let me place an order over the phone.

Is there anyone who is traveling before the end of Oct that would be willing to pick one up for me? I can paypal you the money in advance.

This is the mug he is missing:
http://*******.com/lr9n5sn
Have you tried calling WDW mail order (877-560-6477)? If you can describe the mug and tell the CM that it's available at the WL gift shop, he/she may be able to search the computer and find it and you can purchase it that way . Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Ahhh, I can't wait to lounge in those rocking chairs in 4 weeks and 5 days!!
Your trip will be here before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
So WL experts..

How "worth it" is a courtyard view room over a woods view room? The possible castle view from a woods view room (and lower price) sounds appealing, but just how likely is it that this view request would be granted? Are we talking about five rooms with a partial castle view or twenty, for example?

We're considering the WL this January and debating which room view to pick. I'm tempted to try CL for the first time since I've heard such great things about WL's CL, but it's hard to justify paying nearly the same amount for that as Poly GV (unless, of course, the WL is discounted at a higher rate than the Poly).

We will be four adults staying in one room. Do you guys think the WL rooms will feel way too small in comparison to those at the monorail resorts?
Our last WL stay was in a courtyard view room and I loved it. We had a first floor corner room with a view of the main pool, which made it very convenient for going back and forth to the pool from our room . IMO, the woodsview room would be a little quieter, so it just depends on what you're looking for.

We've also stayed CL and I would definitely consider that as it is amazing .

As far as room size, the WL rooms are considerably smaller than the Poly rooms, but are still doable with 4 adults, IMO .

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
So many people on here have been to WL before so, I will ask my question here. How are bus lines on the way out of the parks? Do the buses come more often than say the POP buses because it is a deluxe. Just wondering
It's been some time since our last WL stay (2006), but we never found the buses to have long lines or overcrowding.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #982
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaver View Post
Hoping for some opinions from those who know WL well.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a WDW trip for early Dec 2014. It will be me, DH and our then 4 yr old daughter.

My mom has expressed a desire to join us. I would love to have her along.

Could 3 adults and a 4 yr old fit comfortably in a bunk bed room?

I am considering doing club level as well. It would be less than her booking her own room and would offer somewhere to go if the room felt tight.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
I think the room will be large enough for your family. The bunk bed takes up a little less floor space than a second queen bed.

Quote:
So WL experts..

My guess is that there would be more than twenty rooms with a possible view of the castle. The 6th and 7th floor rooms in the north wing, woods view would have the best chance of a good view. Some of the lower floors could see the castle. It all depends on the trees, and whether or not you have a few branches in your way. The castle view isn't anything like a castle view from the Poly. This is a castle view from a club level room.

A courtyard view can be a view of the center courtyard with the main pool, or it can be the courtyard on the villas side with the quiet pool.

Quote:
The rooms at the WL are smaller, and feel smaller, too, than rooms at the Poly. We are used to the size of the rooms at the Beach Club, and we did notice the difference in size, but I think they are just fine. One benefit of a resort room like the Poly is the day bed, which is missing in the WL rooms. But the WL rooms are very nice, and the lower cost can't be beat.

Quote:
I really don't think that buses come more frequently for deluxe resorts than they do for values. We were at Epcot in the middle of the afternoon waiting for a bus to take us back to the WL, and it seemed as if the buses for the value resorts arrived more frequently than for the deluxe resorts. But that could just be my impatience, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #983
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Have you tried calling WDW mail order (877-560-6477)? If you can describe the mug and tell the CM that it's available at the WL gift shop, he/she may be able to search the computer and find it and you can purchase it that way . Good luck.
I have... they only have limited merchandise. But thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #984
Lyons Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
Are you from the Shenango campus area? I live in New Castle.

When I went to Shenago campus I lived in Austintown Ohio, PSU dropped out of state fees if you lived in Mahoning or Trumbull County.

I live close to you now I live in Vienna.

Later

WDW Wilderness Lodge 2001
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2004
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2005
Eastern Magic 7 Day Cruise 2006
WDW Grand Floridian 2007
Western Mariner of the Sea August 2008
Hawaii land vacation 2009
Freedom of the Seas Western Carribean 2010
WDW Grand Floridian June 2011
Freedom of the Seas Western Carribean 2012
Allure of the Seas Western Carribean 2013
WDW Wilderness Lodge 2014
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #985
Raya
Mouseketeer

I won't be going for a while, but if you don't find someone else sooner, drop me a message.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #986
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dh broke his WL mug a few years go and forgot to get one when were were just there (having a two year old to run after made things a little crazy!). I wanted to get it for him for his Bday, but the Mercantile won't let me place an order over the phone.

Is there anyone who is traveling before the end of Oct that would be willing to pick one up for me? I can paypal you the money in advance.

I cant see a pic of the mug but I will be there at the end of September. Let me know if I can help you out
Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #987
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So WL experts..

We have always stayed WV with BB we actually requested requested a specific room and they gave it to us a few times and if not that room a floor above or lower. We were always able to sit on our balcony and watch Wishes or Hallowishes if we made it to the room on time. This year we upgraded to CL but requested to that our room faces Otter pond.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #988
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephgles View Post
We have always stayed WV with BB we actually requested requested a specific room and they gave it to us a few times and if not that room a floor above or lower. We were always able to sit on our balcony and watch Wishes or Hallowishes if we made it to the room on time. .
What floor were you on? We could see Wishes from our 6th floor room but I wanted an open balcony next time, so it would have to be 5th or lower. It would be a plus if we could see Wishes, but not a "must have".

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #989
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

Yeah, it looks like the site is changing your photo link. You could probably PM the link.
We will be there September 6th-15th and could get it for you if you don't find someone who will be there sooner. We know how crazy chasing a two year old around can be.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #990
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
People debate the bus service and whether it is better for deluxe resorts, but one thing to consider is that for returning from parks WL almost always shares buses with Fort Wilderness (which is technically a Moderate). While this isn't a problem for us, and WL is always the first stop, it does mean there are plenty of people in the bus lines at peak times. I feel that the bus routes are balanced to fill the buses, so even Deluxe buses are likely to have lots of people on them.
WL's big transportation advantage to us is that it has buses to all four parks, and with the boat options as well there is variety in how to get to MK and the CR (and therefore the monorail).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: