Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #856
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
...DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

That's it for this update!
Are you talking about the paved path (with the road along side it) to FW? What kind of marking is he looking for? There is a kind a wild path along the edge of the water that I don't think is meant for walking/running.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #857
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahrani View Post
Thanks! I looked there but didn't see it, must be going blind, found it now!
No problem at all and that's what we're here for. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Quote:
The cobbler was apple last night and tonite as well.

Re: the rash... I can't even tell you the water I have been drinking! I can't take ibuprofen but the extra, extra, extra water and elevating my legs when I can has helped (and the cream too).

The food at OFC has been outstanding!
Thank you for the cobbler and lounge food update! I hope you feel some relief soon.

Quote:

...and apples were Granny Smith, definitely not from a can! Still waiting for the Berry Cobbler!

CL has not been crowded at all. Neither is the entire Lodge (nor the parks except MK in the afternoon into evening). The made some changes to the pool area since we were last here. New chairs (thank goodness) new umbrellas, more tables around the pool and outside Roaring Fork. The landscaping looks incredible due to the amount of rain. The afternoon summer showers have occurred every afternoon but the last a very short while and we have not been caught in one yet. The temps have been in the mid 80s except for yesterday was in the 90s (hence the rash). The evenings have been down right cool gorgeous !!

DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

More great news! Just what I love to hear - thank you for letting us know. We're arriving 2-3 weeks earlier this year so I was worried about there being more people since more schools are still out. BTW, just one more week until we arrive!!

I have some various trail photos on the first page. There is one trail that starts behind the picnic table/bike/boat rental office. It diverges off to the right and leads to a road that DS would need to cross to meet-up with the paved path to FW. If he stays on the trail and doesn't go off to the right, he'll be following the path along Bay Lake which is very short. I've jogged this before, but stopped because they don't spray along this path so huge bugs (horseflies?) will buzz in your ears.

The best jogging path starts at VWL near the bus stop and is paved all the way until you get to the ponies at FW. At that point, it's wood chips for a short distance then he will veer to the right and join the sidewalk in front of the settlements. Tell DS to then cross the street and jog on the sidewalk for maybe a half mile or so then veer to the right. This will bring him full circle back to the paved path to WL. It's sounds confusing, but it's not in person and it's not that far, maybe around 4 miles RT. To add extra mileage, when he gets back to the paved path, he can turn around at the end and go back and forth.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #858
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Hi All! My dad and I are considering a stay at WL this November and he has asked me if guests get a newspaper? Also, can guests at WL use the quiet pool at WLV and if so, how far is it from the lobby of WL? Thanks for any help and I will probably have more questions once we decide on a resort.

August, 2014- Royal Pacific Resort
November, 2013- Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #859
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
Hi All! My dad and I are considering a stay at WL this November and he has asked me if guests get a newspaper? Also, can guests at WL use the quiet pool at WLV and if so, how far is it from the lobby of WL? Thanks for any help and I will probably have more questions once we decide on a resort.
We were there in Feb and did not get a newspaper delivered to our door but there was a stack of them on the table near the elevator for the guests to take.

We also used the villas pool, which was lovely, by the way. Guests of WL can use it. There are plenty of towels and a large hot tub there. It is very close to the lobby.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #860
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Re: the rash... I can't even tell you the water I have been drinking! I can't take ibuprofen but the extra, extra, extra water and elevating my legs when I can has helped (and the cream too).

Glad that you're drinking lots and lots of water. It is such a benefit with this Florida heat.

The apple cobbler looked great, saw it last night when I went home. Like Kook said, it looks like it's back to home made.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #861
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:

Rash Problem... I get that too when I travel in the summer and stand on my feet a lot... It always helped me to put cold water on them and at night before bed to soak them in cold water. I always called it heat rash but somebody else said it was circulation..either way I only usually got it when it was hot.. not so bad in the cooler months.. keep cool...

Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #862
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

...and apples were Granny Smith, definitely not from a can! Still waiting for the Berry Cobbler!

CL has not been crowded at all. Neither is the entire Lodge (nor the parks except MK in the afternoon into evening). The made some changes to the pool area since we were last here. New chairs (thank goodness) new umbrellas, more tables around the pool and outside Roaring Fork. The landscaping looks incredible due to the amount of rain. The afternoon summer showers have occurred every afternoon but the last a very short while and we have not been caught in one yet. The temps have been in the mid 80s except for yesterday was in the 90s (hence the rash). The evenings have been down right cool gorgeous !!

DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

Thanks for the update. Everything sounds great!

It's nice when the rain cools things off for the evening
Old 07-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #863
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations and welcome! If you've read through the CL section of this thread and the CL thread, then you probably know just about everything. The views aren't bookable for CL, but you can request an inner (WL) courtyard view, a VWL courtyard view or a woods view. You can also request bunk beds, but you wouldn't need those with 4 adults, I don't think. All rooms have a balcony. There is a small children's area in the lounge where kids can sit and watch the Disney channel or color. There are ponies and horses at FW that might be fun for the toddler. If milk or apple juice boxes aren't out in the fridge, you can request it anytime and you can also store drinks in your room fridge.

Let us know if you have any questions and you might want to note your mobility issue in your reservation. Happy planning
Thank you so much WDWKOOK, I had not thought about making any room requests, we will be in one with hand rails in the tub and 2 Queen beds, we did request a pack and play for the baby. I'm excited about the balcony. Which view would you request?

My friend and the baby both have milk allergies, would they be able to provide anything special for them? My friend can only drink Soy and the baby can only have rice milk (she can't have yogurt or anything with milk or soy in it), but she can have the apple juice. My friend also has a shellfish and strawberry allergy, should that be listed for IPO?

We read that there was a DVD player in the room and we can borrow DVD's from the conceirge collection, how does this work?
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #864
KTSMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The WL makers only take pods and the VWL coffee makers are the traditional filter kind.

Thank you so much for the information!
9/14-PO Riverside 8/13-Wilderness Lodge 5/12-Disney Dream Cruise and Caribbean Beach 5/10-Bay Lake Towers 5/08-PO Riverside 8/06-PO Riverside 4/06-One day visit around the World in Epcot 9/05-First Land/Sea Adventure-Port Orleans FQ 9/03-Wilderness Lodge-DD 1st trip 4/02-5yr anniversary off site 1997-Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon

Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #865
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

We are so excited to book WL CL again this October. We will be arriving with our two DD's on Oct 30- nov 5. This is our fourth year in a row spending Halloween at the WL. Can't wait to get back! Happy planning to all!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #866
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
Welcome! Guest room newspaper delivery was suspended one or two years ago at all resorts. But, they are available when staying club level and it looks like all the floors have them near the elevator? Let us know if you have more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We were there in Feb and did not get a newspaper delivered to our door but there was a stack of them on the table near the elevator for the guests to take.

We also used the villas pool, which was lovely, by the way. Guests of WL can use it. There are plenty of towels and a large hot tub there. It is very close to the lobby.
Was this a non-CL floor? Just wondering if all the floors have them near the elevator like the CL floor does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Thank you so much WDWKOOK, I had not thought about making any room requests, we will be in one with hand rails in the tub and 2 Queen beds, we did request a pack and play for the baby. I'm excited about the balcony. Which view would you request?

My friend and the baby both have milk allergies, would they be able to provide anything special for them? My friend can only drink Soy and the baby can only have rice milk (she can't have yogurt or anything with milk or soy in it), but she can have the apple juice. My friend also has a shellfish and strawberry allergy, should that be listed for IPO?

We read that there was a DVD player in the room and we can borrow DVD's from the conceirge collection, how does this work?
I don't know where the HA rooms are located, but the inner courtyard view is wonderful. If anyone in your party have allergies, just email the IPO and let them know. Soy milk is usually available, but this way they will be sure to have it in stock. I don't know about the availability of rice milk, but the IPO will let you know. Just tell them what you need, and they will get back to you.

Just go to the CL desk for DVDs and they will lend them to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTSMOM View Post
Thank you so much for the information!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
We are so excited to book WL CL again this October. We will be arriving with our two DD's on Oct 30- nov 5. This is our fourth year in a row spending Halloween at the WL. Can't wait to get back! Happy planning to all!!!
Congratulations on booking CL again and I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #867
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Guess Me and My Hubby will be in a Bunk Bed room on our anniversary...
I put him in the top bunk That's all they could give us on the Military discount... guess cause its more money... Oh well maybe when we get there they will magical upgrade us to the Honeymoon Suite... I'll love it even if I was sleeping on a cot by the pool
Make sure that your anniversary is listed on your reservation and request a king bed. Also check back for availability. Sometimes some will open up for your dates. And at least you'll have the queen bed to sleep in, but if you need more room send hubby to the bunk beds! I know that I called to get a quote yesterday for a friend and for February they offered either a 2 queen bed room or the bunk bed rooms with the military discount so you never know what can open up. However, if you have the anniversary and bed request listed hopefully the room assignor will want to sprinkle some pixie dust on your anniversary!

Quote:
A CHANGE to announce.....

DH is going to be able to take leave a day earlier! So we're going to take two days down instead of one which will bring us to WL 8 hours sooner! Eight hours more of WL is Lodgetastic!
Awesome! Who wouldn't want some extra time at the Lodge or Disney?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #868
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Make sure that your anniversary is listed on your reservation and request a king bed. Also check back for availability. Sometimes some will open up for your dates. And at least you'll have the queen bed to sleep in, but if you need more room send hubby to the bunk beds! I know that I called to get a quote yesterday for a friend and for February they offered either a 2 queen bed room or the bunk bed rooms with the military discount so you never know what can open up. However, if you have the anniversary and bed request listed hopefully the room assignor will want to sprinkle some pixie dust on your anniversary!

Awesome! Who wouldn't want some extra time at the Lodge or Disney?
Yes I did, but with all the changing the CM did I might need to call back and make sure.... I told him we had bunk beds and he said cool!! so I might make him sleep there anyway...

Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #869
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome! Guest room newspaper delivery was suspended one or two years ago at all resorts. But, they are available when staying club level and it looks like all the floors have them near the elevator? Let us know if you have more questions

Was this a non-CL floor? Just wondering if all the floors have them near the elevator like the CL floor does.
We were in a normal room on the 6th floor. The newspapers were only there on the weekdays since USA Today only publishes on those days.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #870
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

So excited we are gaining a day at Disney! We now arrive around midnight on Sept 14th instead of 2:30pm. Staying at the Hyatt when we land and then catching an early ME bus to WL. Trip in now settled and we are officially paid in full!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: