Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #841
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
A CHANGE to announce.....

DH is going to be able to take leave a day earlier! So we're going to take two days down instead of one which will bring us to WL 8 hours sooner! Eight hours more of WL is Lodgetastic!
Great!!!
Yes I'm hoping that they give me a magical upgrade or change when we check-in...
Either way... We will be happy...

Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #842
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Ok, on Sunday, we changed our upcoming reservation from a Standard room at the Poly to a Standard room at WL CL, what should I know, this will be our first CL stay? I've read the Conceirge thread as well as this one and we have stayed at WL before, but is there anything that isn't in these posts?

Our group is 4 adults and a 15 month old. I will have an ECV, because I had ankle surgery in Dec and I won't be able to walk all over Disney just yet.
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #843
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

Hello everyone! I have a question:

Ok, so I'm a teen and I've only stayed at the VWL once. My family is going to stay there for our next trip (which is a month and a week away :D). Is there anything besides exploring the resort that a teen could do there?
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.
Future Mrs. Stypayhorlikson!

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #844
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermist20 View Post

Ok, so I'm a teen and I've only stayed at the VWL once. My family is going to stay there for our next trip (which is a month and a week away :D). Is there anything besides exploring the resort that a teen could do there?
Besides the pools, some fun activities are the boat and bike rentals. You can ride the bikes over toward Fort Wilderness which is a beautiful trip through the woods where you might see deer. The boats are fun, but more expensive. You can rent little Sea Raycer boats and cruise around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon right in front of the MK. If that's too expensive, you can take the free transportation boat loop to CR and FW, and check out those resorts. There are also lots of nice places in and around the lobby to hang out, which might not be the most exciting for a teen, but at least there is free WiFi...
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #845
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Besides the pools, some fun activities are the boat and bike rentals. You can ride the bikes over toward Fort Wilderness which is a beautiful trip through the woods where you might see deer. The boats are fun, but more expensive. You can rent little Sea Raycer boats and cruise around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon right in front of the MK. If that's too expensive, you can take the free transportation boat loop to CR and FW, and check out those resorts. There are also lots of nice places in and around the lobby to hang out, which might not be the most exciting for a teen, but at least there is free WiFi...
Thanks!!
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.
Future Mrs. Stypayhorlikson!

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Old 07-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #846
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

October 30th wilderness lodge here we come !!! Can't wait!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #847
KTSMOM
DIS Veteran

I've got a quick question for those of you who have used the coffee makers at the WL. Can I bring coffee and filters to use with them or do they only take the pods? TIA!
9/14-PO Riverside 8/13-Wilderness Lodge 5/12-Disney Dream Cruise and Caribbean Beach 5/10-Bay Lake Towers 5/08-PO Riverside 8/06-PO Riverside 4/06-One day visit around the World in Epcot 9/05-First Land/Sea Adventure-Port Orleans FQ 9/03-Wilderness Lodge-DD 1st trip 4/02-5yr anniversary off site 1997-Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon

Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #848
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Yup, this guy means we are PIF today. Oh we can't wait for September!!!
PIF Dancing Guy never looked better! Welcome back from your "other" vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wonderful news!!
Thank you - I thought so. I'm worse than a little kid. When people at work ask DH where he's going on vacation, he'll tell them WDW and that he likes going there and then he adds, "But my wife REALLY, REALLY loves it there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Great!!!
Yes I'm hoping that they give me a magical upgrade or change when we check-in...
Either way... We will be happy...
I'm hoping for the magical upgrade for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Ok, on Sunday, we changed our upcoming reservation from a Standard room at the Poly to a Standard room at WL CL, what should I know, this will be our first CL stay? I've read the Conceirge thread as well as this one and we have stayed at WL before, but is there anything that isn't in these posts?

Our group is 4 adults and a 15 month old. I will have an ECV, because I had ankle surgery in Dec and I won't be able to walk all over Disney just yet.
Congratulations and welcome! If you've read through the CL section of this thread and the CL thread, then you probably know just about everything. The views aren't bookable for CL, but you can request an inner (WL) courtyard view, a VWL courtyard view or a woods view. You can also request bunk beds, but you wouldn't need those with 4 adults, I don't think. All rooms have a balcony. There is a small children's area in the lounge where kids can sit and watch the Disney channel or color. There are ponies and horses at FW that might be fun for the toddler. If milk or apple juice boxes aren't out in the fridge, you can request it anytime and you can also store drinks in your room fridge.

Let us know if you have any questions and you might want to note your mobility issue in your reservation. Happy planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermist20 View Post

Silvermist20

My teen DD appreciates the following at WL:

Sleeping (not specific to WL)

Eating:

Relaxing on the Bay Lake Beach (with a non-alcoholic frozen beverage). Mom loves this, too and it's rarely crowded. Yes, WiFi works out there!

DH and I love Sturdy Branches gym and DD is looking forward to trying it out next week. Yes, I was shocked by this, too.

The Mercantile is a popular stop for DD. We love the WL themed merchandise.

The Carolwood Room over at VWL has games and interesting train displays, but you probably already knew that since you once stayed there.

DD is really into photography now and can't wait to take lots of resort photos. (Mild Tumblr inspiration)

Hot tubs - two of them at WL and the VWL pool is a bit quieter and has jets.

Hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Love all of these ideas and WiFi is a teen must-have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
October 30th wilderness lodge here we come !!! Can't wait!!!
It won't be much longer now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTSMOM View Post
I've got a quick question for those of you who have used the coffee makers at the WL. Can I bring coffee and filters to use with them or do they only take the pods? TIA!
The WL makers only take pods and the VWL coffee makers are the traditional filter kind.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #849
kahrani
Earning My Ears

Can somebody please tell me what time check-out is? I can't find it on my resort confirmation or anywhere!
Thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #850
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahrani View Post
Can somebody please tell me what time check-out is? I can't find it on my resort confirmation or anywhere!
Thanks

It's on the first page, post #2 and it's before 11 for WL and VWL. I hope you have a great vacation
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #851
kahrani
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I looked there but didn't see it, must be going blind, found it now!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #852
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Hi!

I might be able to help with the rash on your shins. I think that might be the same thing I get. I call it the Epcot Rash, lol I asked my doctor and she said to make sure to drink plenty of water and also to take Ibuprofin every couple of hours. Apparently, it has something to do with the circulation. And the meds open the blood vessels. If I take the meds I don't get the rash. If I don't I get it.

I'm hoping this will help you.

What was the flavor of the cobbler, I'm at work and cannot see the photo
The cobbler was apple last night and tonite as well.

Re: the rash... I can't even tell you the water I have been drinking! I can't take ibuprofen but the extra, extra, extra water and elevating my legs when I can has helped (and the cream too).

The food at OFC has been outstanding!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #853
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
A CHANGE to announce.....

DH is going to be able to take leave a day earlier! So we're going to take two days down instead of one which will bring us to WL 8 hours sooner! Eight hours more of WL is Lodgetastic!

...and apples were Granny Smith, definitely not from a can! Still waiting for the Berry Cobbler!

CL has not been crowded at all. Neither is the entire Lodge (nor the parks except MK in the afternoon into evening). The made some changes to the pool area since we were last here. New chairs (thank goodness) new umbrellas, more tables around the pool and outside Roaring Fork. The landscaping looks incredible due to the amount of rain. The afternoon summer showers have occurred every afternoon but the last a very short while and we have not been caught in one yet. The temps have been in the mid 80s except for yesterday was in the 90s (hence the rash). The evenings have been down right cool gorgeous !!

DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

That's it for this update!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #854
Arnir
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Congrats on your first WL stay.....it's an amazing resort and you're going to have a fabulous time .
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to trying the CS restaurant. It looks good, even if I'm blanking on the name.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #855
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnir View Post
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to trying the CS restaurant. It looks good, even if I'm blanking on the name.
We have found Roaring Forks to have a pretty good variety for all meals as it's one of our favorites for resort CS .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: