Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #811
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Our trip is fast-approaching. Are you all booked now that the packages are out?
You will be there before you know it .

I have not booked yet. Since I hadn't booked earlier, I figured I'd wait another 2 weeks to see what (if any) RO discounts come out when FD is released August 1st (that is if FD does indeed come out). So now I'm just waiting .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #812
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hey Folks!!

Just returned from our first visit to the WL....what can I say. I love this resort. I really enjoyed having everything in one building. Our room location was exactly what I wanted. Room 5075 off the lobby and overlooking the the pool area. I can see why some people say that Roarin' Forks is small but it was perfect for how we used it. For the most part the resort was very peaceful, except for certain groups of children who seemed to be without "parents" as they climbed up the totem poles and ran through and around the lobby for quite some time. Thankfully they were not there for my whole trip. The bus service was fine. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a bus with the majority being around 5 minutes. We picked up at Fort Wilderness on some routes and the Grand Floridian for others. For Magical Express we were the first stop following by the Contemporary ( I think) and Grand Floridian. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention after he said WL first!

The CM's were awesome. So friendly and professional.

I did miss being in the EPCOT area...but that just warrants a split stay for our next vacation as I would return the WL! Many thanks to all of you on this thread....really helped in our planning and what to expect!
That sounds just wonderfully pleasant. Thanks for sharing the review. We are making our first WL stay in September and I can hardly wait
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #813
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hey Folks!!

Just returned from our first visit to the WL....what can I say. I love this resort. I really enjoyed having everything in one building. Our room location was exactly what I wanted. Room 5075 off the lobby and overlooking the the pool area. I can see why some people say that Roarin' Forks is small but it was perfect for how we used it. For the most part the resort was very peaceful, except for certain groups of children who seemed to be without "parents" as they climbed up the totem poles and ran through and around the lobby for quite some time. Thankfully they were not there for my whole trip. The bus service was fine. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a bus with the majority being around 5 minutes. We picked up at Fort Wilderness on some routes and the Grand Floridian for others. For Magical Express we were the first stop following by the Contemporary ( I think) and Grand Floridian. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention after he said WL first!

The CM's were awesome. So friendly and professional.

I did miss being in the EPCOT area...but that just warrants a split stay for our next vacation as I would return the WL! Many thanks to all of you on this thread....really helped in our planning and what to expect!
I love hearing reports like this. Room 5075 looks like a great room to have. Did you hear noise from the lobby or from the pool party in that room?

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #814
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
We are making our first WL stay in September and I can hardly wait
The WL is an amazing resort.....you're going to love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #815
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
I'm so excited about this extension! And sad that we don't have a trip planned during it! We've had two trips during this current offer, but none for the next one as our summer vacation will be up north to PA. I'm hoping to get back in the fall and or early Dec. I can't believe after 6 months between trips we'll have almost a year and a half! I'm already mourning Disney and we have a trip in a few weeks!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #816
mggeary
Mouseketeer

Upcoming Fall RO discounts

Alright WL experts. Any guesses on how much?

25%, 30%, 35%

Will Vet day weekend be blacked out or reduced?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #817
SABeasley98
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
Just FYI for anyone planning to use the military salute offer at WL-I called today to apply it to our standard view WL room 10/22-10/28. I was told (by 2 CMs) that the only rooms that the salute discount applies to at WL are either woods view bunk bed or courtyard view bunk bed.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #818
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I am having a bit of a dilemma re: our December trip. When we booked it, we were going in August too so I only booked 7 nights on rented points. We then cancelled the trip to get a puppy . Puppy will be 5 months old and my sister is laid off for the winter and is going to dog sit for us. So the December trip is still a go!
We'll really only have 6.5 days with the way we have the trip booked. That just doesn't seem like enough time for our only trip of the year. We're already paying through the nose for flights etc since it's the week before Christmas. So I have a choice. The plan right now is to stay at Gaylord Palms for ICE! on our last night.
So my choices are to add a night to the start of the trip and give ourselves another full day. Or, get rid of Gaylord Palms and just stay at Disney the last night giving us another full day and half.
However the night we have the Gaylord Palms plan is the 21st of December, the Saturday before Christmas and the day the nightmare crowds start rolling in. All crowd calendars have that day at a 10. This is why we booked Gaylord Palms in the first place.. to get the heck out of dodge when those huge crowds came.
It's not impossible to add a night to the start of our trip. Dh may have an exam that day though and would have to ask to write a day earlier (they would accommodate him) and I would have to pull the kids out of school for another day (already missing 4 days) and I would have to book another day off of work which isn't impossible but a bit of a pain.

Sorry for the novel. What would you do?
A) add a night at the start to give yourself an extra full park day
B) drop Gaylord Palms and spend 2 full extra crowd level 10 days at Disney
C) Leave it at 6.5 days of Disney time and one night/two days at the Gaylord Palms.

Any opinion appreciated. If we book any extra night at all it will be at Wilderness Lodge and we'll change rooms.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #819
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABeasley98 View Post
Just FYI for anyone planning to use the military salute offer at WL-I called today to apply it to our standard view WL room 10/22-10/28. I was told (by 2 CMs) that the only rooms that the salute discount applies to at WL are either woods view bunk bed or courtyard view bunk bed.
That seems odd, but then again, we have a woods view bunk bed room booked for the current offer in August so maybe it's true. I didn't ask about other views/room types for this offer since we knew we wanted a bunk bed for our boys.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #820
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Just finished dinner at Artist Point. What a lovely meal. I was really impressed by the airiness and peace of the restaurant.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #821
Arnir
Mouseketeer

My first stay at WL is coming up. I'm doing a split stay with Pop from 8/8 but going into the WL on 8/12 - 8/18. I've wanted to stay here for years. I've dined at AP before and really enjoyed the look of the place. I grew up by the Canadian Rockies and have stayed at Jasper Park Lodge as a child so this resort has always reminded me of home.

I've got a woods view room. (Technically I've got two different stays due to price changes but they are both woods view.) I'm hoping not to have to change rooms.

Anyway, I'm excited for this stay!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #822
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Sorry for the novel. What would you do?
A) add a night at the start to give yourself an extra full park day
B) drop Gaylord Palms and spend 2 full extra crowd level 10 days at Disney
C) Leave it at 6.5 days of Disney time and one night/two days at the Gaylord Palms.

Any opinion appreciated. If we book any extra night at all it will be at Wilderness Lodge and we'll change rooms.
I'm assuming adding the night at the beginning would be the only change and everything else would stay the same (heading to Gaylord Palms on 12/21)? If so, that would be my choice. We are taking a 3 night cruise right before Christmas and staying 2 nights at WDW before coming home (the cruise ends Sunday, 12/22). We decided not to do any parks those 2 days due to how CRAZY the parks will be, so I agree with you on not wanting to be in the parks at that time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
Just finished dinner at Artist Point. What a lovely meal. I was really impressed by the airiness and peace of the restaurant.
Glad you enjoyed Artist Point . We tried AP on our December 2010 trip and had an amazing meal and can't wait to go back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnir View Post
My first stay at WL is coming up. I'm doing a split stay with Pop from 8/8 but going into the WL on 8/12 - 8/18. I've wanted to stay here for years. I've dined at AP before and really enjoyed the look of the place. I grew up by the Canadian Rockies and have stayed at Jasper Park Lodge as a child so this resort has always reminded me of home.

I've got a woods view room. (Technically I've got two different stays due to price changes but they are both woods view.) I'm hoping not to have to change rooms.

Anyway, I'm excited for this stay!
Congrats on your first WL stay.....it's an amazing resort and you're going to have a fabulous time .

Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #823
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm assuming adding the night at the beginning would be the only change and everything else would stay the same (heading to Gaylord Palms on 12/21)? If so, that would be my choice. We are taking a 3 night cruise right before Christmas and staying 2 nights at WDW before coming home (the cruise ends Sunday, 12/22). We decided not to do any parks those 2 days due to how CRAZY the parks will be, so I agree with you on not wanting to be in the parks at that time .
I think you're right Mickeynut. Right now I am all starry eyed about 2 extra days at Disney but I think I must have hit my head or something because I absolutely know we can't handle crowds like those and we'd end up just hanging out at the hotel. And as nice as WL is, we'll have already been there for a week with much lower crowds so it doesn't make sense. It sounds like the best plan is to leave on a Thursday night to start our Disney and have all day Friday there too. We'll get our extra day that way
Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #824
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I think you're right Mickeynut. Right now I am all starry eyed about 2 extra days at Disney but I think I must have hit my head or something because I absolutely know we can't handle crowds like those and we'd end up just hanging out at the hotel. And as nice as WL is, we'll have already been there for a week with much lower crowds so it doesn't make sense. It sounds like the best plan is to leave on a Thursday night to start our Disney and have all day Friday there too. We'll get our extra day that way
I know what you mean about the 2 extra days as adding days is always appealing when it comes to Disney . I think adding 1 day at the beginning and getting in 1 more park day would be more relaxing than adding 2 nights at the end and either not doing any parks or being miserable with the crowds. But either way, I'm sure you are going to have an amazing trip at an amazing resort .

Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #825
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Gosh, I love this place! We're here now and I have to say that VWL has been nothing but wonderful. My seven year old nephew, whose father is currently building the most luxurious hotel on Times Square, said that this was the coolest hotel he's ever stayed in! He brought tears to my eyes!

Packing up and moving to BCV tomorrow morning, but I'll be happy to answer any questions people may have while I'm here....

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: