Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #796
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You already know how wonderful WL CL is so congratulations on upgrading. We won't tell your DW, but do you need to request a bunk room in case she gets upset?
I've put in a request to have a room with two queen beds just in case.

Hopefully she will not want to look at my spreadsheets of our itinerary and adr's while we are in flight. She will get very suspicious if she were to notice other than the Crystal Palace breakfast, I have no others planned after telling her we had three. This would be a dead giveaway to her knowing that I use CL for breakfast and make lunch adr's instead.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Dec. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL June 2015 Grand Floridian Villas



Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #797
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Are ALL 200 of you staying at WL?
Yes, most of our large group stayed at WL. I just got back today. I have to say, I LOVED Wilderness Lodge! This was our first time there, and I loved how we didn't have to get wet to take a bus or get food. We are used to staying at Caribbean Beach, which I also love, but WL felt so much smaller and less crowded. It didn't feel like we were at WDW in July.
__________________
MissDaisyofTexas is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #798
kemmerlinj2
Earning My Ears
 
kemmerlinj2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 28

So I have a reservation for next May for Beach Club-Club Level. I am thinking about switching it to Wilderness and doing the Club Level due to the quietness of the resort compared to being around the Boardwalk Area. Can anyone compare the two? Also, does Wilderness have King bed rooms in their Club level and, if so, how do you request them? Another thought that I'm having is doing Grand Floridian but not Club Level because it's just too much.
kemmerlinj2 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #799
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Yes, most of our large group stayed at WL. I just got back today. I have to say, I LOVED Wilderness Lodge! This was our first time there, and I loved how we didn't have to get wet to take a bus or get food. We are used to staying at Caribbean Beach, which I also love, but WL felt so much smaller and less crowded. It didn't feel like we were at WDW in July.
Glad you loved the WL as it really is an amazing resort . Our first onsite stay was at CBR and we loved it and although we got hooked on the deluxe resorts after our CBR stay, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at CBR again. The WL is great as it's a deluxe resort with all of the extra amenities, but much cheaper than the monorail and Epcot resorts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmerlinj2 View Post
So I have a reservation for next May for Beach Club-Club Level. I am thinking about switching it to Wilderness and doing the Club Level due to the quietness of the resort compared to being around the Boardwalk Area. Can anyone compare the two? Also, does Wilderness have King bed rooms in their Club level and, if so, how do you request them? Another thought that I'm having is doing Grand Floridian but not Club Level because it's just too much.
We haven't stayed BC CL, but WL CL is amazing. The food offerings are great, the lounge is spacious as the seating is arranged around the railing overlooking the lobby, and the CL CMs are awesome. Having also stayed at the GF, I'd choose WL CL over a GV room at the GF.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #800
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Leia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post





Isn't all the wildlife great?! Have you walked to FW yet? You'll see and hear even more.
We haven't managed to fit in a walk to FW. Time is quickly running out and we are already starting to talk about next time. The weather has been against us at times.
Princess Leia is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #801
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmerlinj2 View Post
So I have a reservation for next May for Beach Club-Club Level. I am thinking about switching it to Wilderness and doing the Club Level due to the quietness of the resort compared to being around the Boardwalk Area. Can anyone compare the two? Also, does Wilderness have King bed rooms in their Club level and, if so, how do you request them? Another thought that I'm having is doing Grand Floridian but not Club Level because it's just too much.
I've never stayed club level at either resort, but I have heard the WL CL is much nicer. I've also stayed at the BC many times and the WL for the first time in February. As far as comparisons go, the WL is a beautiful resort with a lot of things I liked better than the BC. First of all you have a real counter service restaurant, Roaring Forks. The setting is relaxing, with the woods and the walking trails and the boats to MK, CR and FW. It is really convenient if you plan to spend a lot of time at MK, or want to dine at any of the monorail resorts. You can get to the monorail easily by taking the boat to CR.

The best thing that BC has going for it, besides the great pool, is the location. We love being able to walk into Epcot. There are more restaurant and entertainment options within walking distance of the BC than from the WL. We really missed not being able to walk to more places when we were at the WL.

So now we have two favorite resorts. We are going back to the WL in December. And we won't have any kids with us, so a quiet pool is fine It is the perfect resort for that time of year. And then we are going back to the BC in the spring for the Flower and Garden Show. I would definitely stay at an Epcot resort for that and for the Food and Wine Festival in the fall. with us.
__________________
~ Sue

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 07-22-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #802
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

I know someone asked this recently but I cannot find the answer anywhere. When does WL put up its Xmas decor normally? We normally go to WDW the week before Tgiving & it is pretty slow & nice weather & some xmas decor is up then in parks but I'm not sure about the hotels. We normally stay @ BonnetCreek Wyndham because my in-laws have a timeshare.....I convinced Hubby to stay on WDW Property every 3rd or 4th trip & he's NEVER stayed on property before so I want to wow him! I've stayed @ Pop,Coronado,AKL in the past myself but never Club Level.

How is the first week of Dec crowd wise normally?My bday is Dec 2 & I've never been for my bday?!We normally go for our anniversary. We won't be going until Dec 2014 so we have time to save for Club Level. I keep reading all these wonderful things about WL CL & think I must do it for my bday! Hubby doesn't want to go back to WDW until the new coaster is open.....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I keep looking at all the WDW hotels & we always go back to WL as our #1 pick & I think I'd regret not staying here?!
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #803
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
I know someone asked this recently but I cannot find the answer anywhere. When does WL put up its Xmas decor normally? We normally go to WDW the week before Tgiving & it is pretty slow & nice weather & some xmas decor is up then in parks but I'm not sure about the hotels. We normally stay @ BonnetCreek Wyndham because my in-laws have a timeshare.....I convinced Hubby to stay on WDW Property every 3rd or 4th trip & he's NEVER stayed on property before so I want to wow him! I've stayed @ Pop,Coronado,AKL in the past myself but never Club Level.

How is the first week of Dec crowd wise normally?My bday is Dec 2 & I've never been for my bday?!We normally go for our anniversary. We won't be going until Dec 2014 so we have time to save for Club Level. I keep reading all these wonderful things about WL CL & think I must do it for my bday! Hubby doesn't want to go back to WDW until the new coaster is open.....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I keep looking at all the WDW hotels & we always go back to WL as our #1 pick & I think I'd regret not staying here?!
I think you chose an amazing resort for your DH's first onsite visit (and CL is a GREAT way to spend the holidays at the WL ). The WL is a beautiful resort any time of year, but especially so during the holidays. With that said, I think the resorts start decorating right around Thanksgiving, with everything being done by Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully someone will be able to verify that or give the correct information. But I do know the WL is gorgeous when decorated for Christmas and it's nice sitting in the lobby taking in the surroundings .

I think the first week of December is a good time as everything will be decorated, but it won't be crazy busy yet (with the exception of MK that first weekend as that's when the Christmas parade taping takes place). Pop Warner may be going on during that time, but that won't effect the WL as they mostly stay at the values and possibly one mod (I think). So, other than MK being crazy that Saturday for the taping, I think you chose a good week to go (especially since there's not really any "slow" time at Disney anymore, IMO ).
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #804
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,071

Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #805
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NY
Posts: 3,021

Hey Folks!!

Just returned from our first visit to the WL....what can I say. I love this resort. I really enjoyed having everything in one building. Our room location was exactly what I wanted. Room 5075 off the lobby and overlooking the the pool area. I can see why some people say that Roarin' Forks is small but it was perfect for how we used it. For the most part the resort was very peaceful, except for certain groups of children who seemed to be without "parents" as they climbed up the totem poles and ran through and around the lobby for quite some time. Thankfully they were not there for my whole trip. The bus service was fine. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a bus with the majority being around 5 minutes. We picked up at Fort Wilderness on some routes and the Grand Floridian for others. For Magical Express we were the first stop following by the Contemporary ( I think) and Grand Floridian. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention after he said WL first!

The CM's were awesome. So friendly and professional.

I did miss being in the EPCOT area...but that just warrants a split stay for our next vacation as I would return the WL! Many thanks to all of you on this thread....really helped in our planning and what to expect!
__________________
diskids2 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #806
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
I know... Its great!!!!!
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #807
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hey Folks!!

Just returned from our first visit to the WL....what can I say. I love this resort. I really enjoyed having everything in one building. Our room location was exactly what I wanted. Room 5075 off the lobby and overlooking the the pool area. I can see why some people say that Roarin' Forks is small but it was perfect for how we used it. For the most part the resort was very peaceful, except for certain groups of children who seemed to be without "parents" as they climbed up the totem poles and ran through and around the lobby for quite some time. Thankfully they were not there for my whole trip. The bus service was fine. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a bus with the majority being around 5 minutes. We picked up at Fort Wilderness on some routes and the Grand Floridian for others. For Magical Express we were the first stop following by the Contemporary ( I think) and Grand Floridian. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention after he said WL first!

The CM's were awesome. So friendly and professional.

I did miss being in the EPCOT area...but that just warrants a split stay for our next vacation as I would return the WL! Many thanks to all of you on this thread....really helped in our planning and what to expect!
Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the WL . The WL is one of our favorite resorts as we've had 2 great stays there, with Roaring Forks being one of our favorite resort CS places.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #808
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
Definitely well deserved!

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #809
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Just bumping up from the second page. We are planning our first stay at WL in January
Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I've put in a request to have a room with two queen beds just in case.

Hopefully she will not want to look at my spreadsheets of our itinerary and adr's while we are in flight. She will get very suspicious if she were to notice other than the Crystal Palace breakfast, I have no others planned after telling her we had three. This would be a dead giveaway to her knowing that I use CL for breakfast and make lunch adr's instead.
Do you need to create a faux spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Yes, most of our large group stayed at WL. I just got back today. I have to say, I LOVED Wilderness Lodge! This was our first time there, and I loved how we didn't have to get wet to take a bus or get food. We are used to staying at Caribbean Beach, which I also love, but WL felt so much smaller and less crowded. It didn't feel like we were at WDW in July.
So glad you loved it and CuteAsMinnie, could you even tell MissDaisy's group was there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmerlinj2 View Post
So I have a reservation for next May for Beach Club-Club Level. I am thinking about switching it to Wilderness and doing the Club Level due to the quietness of the resort compared to being around the Boardwalk Area. Can anyone compare the two? Also, does Wilderness have King bed rooms in their Club level and, if so, how do you request them? Another thought that I'm having is doing Grand Floridian but not Club Level because it's just too much.
The WL lounge and seating area is much larger than BC's.

If BC is similar to the YC's lounge, which I've tried, there isn't a view from the lounge unless you go out to the very small balcony. The WL lounge has a huge window looking out to the WL courtyard, geyser and Bay Lake.

The Epcot resorts serve hard boiled eggs at breakfast, but WL doesn't. However, I think there is a wider variety of 5-7 offerings at WL and the lounge never seems as crowded as it did at YC.

You can request bunk beds at WL/CL. All standard CL rooms are configured the same way with two queens and the same size balcony. I think some of the BC balconies vary and some rooms don't have a balcony, but I could be confusing that with a non-CL room? Some BC rooms have daybeds, but none of the WL rooms do.

They only way to guarantee a CL king is to book one of the four honeymoon suites. I don't know if there are other king CL rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hey Folks!!

Just returned from our first visit to the WL....what can I say. I love this resort. I really enjoyed having everything in one building. Our room location was exactly what I wanted. Room 5075 off the lobby and overlooking the the pool area. I can see why some people say that Roarin' Forks is small but it was perfect for how we used it. For the most part the resort was very peaceful, except for certain groups of children who seemed to be without "parents" as they climbed up the totem poles and ran through and around the lobby for quite some time. Thankfully they were not there for my whole trip. The bus service was fine. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a bus with the majority being around 5 minutes. We picked up at Fort Wilderness on some routes and the Grand Floridian for others. For Magical Express we were the first stop following by the Contemporary ( I think) and Grand Floridian. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention after he said WL first!

The CM's were awesome. So friendly and professional.

I did miss being in the EPCOT area...but that just warrants a split stay for our next vacation as I would return the WL! Many thanks to all of you on this thread....really helped in our planning and what to expect!
Thanks for your mini review! The 5th floor is great because it's the highest floor without any of those solid balcony railings. When do you think you might return?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #810
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the WL . The WL is one of our favorite resorts as we've had 2 great stays there, with Roaring Forks being one of our favorite resort CS places.

Our trip is fast-approaching. Are you all booked now that the packages are out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Definitely well deserved!

How has your day been today? Are you taking an afternoon resort break? I know a place you can get some tasty cookies and a cool beverage right about now. (Say hello to Randy, Loyda, Mike and Rob for me!)
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: