Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #781
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You've made our morning and we're even more excited about our stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your cobbler photos. Those look scrumptious and like they're back to the original recipe, that was tweaked when we were last there.

So 7043 doesn't have a connecting door to the VP Suite? Looks like you have a great North Wing Courtyard View

So sweet that DD20 was happy to be back at her Lodge. So we're both at 26 years, huh? Do you have a special dinner planned?

Did Bambi's Mom have an armadillo with her?
Bambi's mom was solo.

No connecting door. It's entrance is around the corner.

DH and I are treating the entire trip as our Anniversary Trip! It was important for all of us to all be together this year.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #782
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Just booked a DVC trip for Feb. and I was able to get WLV .
I am so excited! we have only stayed in the lodge for a few days at a time so to have a whole week is beyond exciting~ I can't wait!!!

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #783
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Bambi's mom was solo.

DH and I are treating the entire trip as our Anniversary Trip! It was important for all of us to all be together this year.
Did you look over to your left last night and watch the EWP? I hope you have a Fantastic First Full Disney Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
Just booked a DVC trip for Feb. and I was able to get WLV .
I am so excited! we have only stayed in the lodge for a few days at a time so to have a whole week is beyond exciting~ I can't wait!!!
Congratulations! You're going to love having a full week at VWL. So much to explore and do just in the resort and nearby. Soon it will be your ADR day!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #784
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you look over to your left last night and watch the EWP? I hope you have a Fantastic First Full Disney Day!

We all heard it in our sleep! Since we were up at 3:00am for our flight, we crashed after cobbler!

Here is a pic from this am at the pool for you all to enjoy!

We'll be home soon...

Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #785
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

We are die hard WL fans, but trying to sneak in another trip to WDW and thought of staying off site. Has anyone WL fans on here stayed off site and would recommend a hotel? I figure if you love the Lodge that means we have about the same taste.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #786
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cute, though I must admit I was glad that the mother duck was nesting when we were there rather than swimming around the pool.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #787
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Bambi's mom was solo.

Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!

7043 is one of their best rooms. It is on the corner. You don't have anyone to your left so you have full view!! You don't share your balcony either. That's so nice.

One question, is it still a bunk bed room?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #788
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You've made our morning and we're even more excited about our stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your cobbler photos. Those look scrumptious and like they're back to the original recipe, that was tweaked when we were last there.

So 7043 doesn't have a connecting door to the VP Suite? Looks like you have a great North Wing Courtyard View

So sweet that DD20 was happy to be back at her Lodge. So we're both at 26 years, huh? Do you have a special dinner planned?

Did Bambi's Mom have an armadillo with her?
Kook - The room that connects to the VP is 7035. That room looks straight out the back of the lodge. Another nice view. The nice part about that room is because it is attached to the VP Suite the room has more upgraded linens, etc. to match the suite.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #789
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!

7043 is one of their best rooms. It is on the corner. You don't have anyone to your left so you have full view!! You don't share your balcony either. That's so nice.

One question, is it still a bunk bed room?
Yes it is! Our first stAy at WL was 6043 so that was extra sweet with the regular balcony. We are enjoying our CL!
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #790
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We all heard it in our sleep! Since we were up at 3:00am for our flight, we crashed after cobbler!

How cute! We are loving all the wildlife round Wilderness Lodge. This evening we saw two deer on the drive. Tonight DH came across a raccoon sitting beside our car in the car park.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #791
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
That sounds amazing. I didnt know they did that. Is that all you have to do is ask the front desk at check in?
Hows the view from up there?
Yes we just asked nicely at check-in. We are staying 14 nights so had a bit of flexibility over dates. The first available date was for our 7th morning. It would be more difficult to get availability if you were there for a shorter stay. You should definitely ask. The views were amazing and Ranger Jack was able to answer any questions.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #792
wonder4fam2011
Earning My Ears

Talking What to explore at Wilderness Lodge?

Planning on a 12/31-1/1 adventure at WL. What should we explore? Where can I find rates for the bike or boat rentals?

Do I need to book and ADr's for restaurants on 1/1.

Any and all advice is welcomed!

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #793
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Once again I am making changes to my resort reservation. In December I booked the CSR business class and then last week I changed my resort back to my beloved WL with a courtyard view. After a week of thinking on it I am making a change...

No, I'm not leaving the WL, I love the resort. I have changed from the courtyard to concierge. I have not told my DW and I'm going to keep it a secret from her until the day we arrive. It will either be a magical week where she will be thrilled or it will be one where I will be sleeping on the other bed for spending the extra money without telling her. I think the risk is worth the reward.

I will say this about Disney, they know how to hook you. Our first visit to WDW was back in 08 and we stayed at the WL. We were booked for a standard view room and received an upgrade to concierge. Since then every stay has been concierge.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #794
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
We are die hard WL fans, but trying to sneak in another trip to WDW and thought of staying off site. Has anyone WL fans on here stayed off site and would recommend a hotel? I figure if you love the Lodge that means we have about the same taste.
We always stay onsite, but have you compared a STD WL room with a discount or even a Moderate to the price of offsite? The Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek are very nice and it has a lazy river pool.

Quote:
Love it! They walk around like they own the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Kook - The room that connects to the VP is 7035. That room looks straight out the back of the lodge. Another nice view. The nice part about that room is because it is attached to the VP Suite the room has more upgraded linens, etc. to match the suite.

Is CuteAsMinnie in your favorite room? Yes, 7035 mirrors our favorite room, 7127 in the South Wing. Those are the only two CL non-suite rooms that face directly out to the courtyard, pool, and Bay Lake. But, 7127 doesn't have a connecting door to the Yellowstone Suite so the décor is the same as any non-suite room. I didn't know that 7035 had different linens. If I'm able to take photos of the suites' new décor, maybe I'll be able to get a peek at 7035, too. I did request either 7035 or 7127 so there's even the possibility we might get 7035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
How cute! We are loving all the wildlife round Wilderness Lodge. This evening we saw two deer on the drive. Tonight DH came across a raccoon sitting beside our car in the car park.
Isn't all the wildlife great?! Have you walked to FW yet? You'll see and hear even more over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder4fam2011 View Post
Planning on a 12/31-1/1 adventure at WL. What should we explore? Where can I find rates for the bike or boat rentals?

Do I need to book and ADr's for restaurants on 1/1.

Any and all advice is welcomed!

Thanks!
Welcome! The first page has a lot of information on recreation and activities. Here are the boat and bike rates:

I would have an ADR for 1/1. Are you only staying one night? You can always cancel the ADR and only Artist Point requires a credit card guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Once again I am making changes to my resort reservation. In December I booked the CSR business class and then last week I changed my resort back to my beloved WL with a courtyard view. After a week of thinking on it I am making a change...

No, I'm not leaving the WL, I love the resort. I have changed from the courtyard to concierge. I have not told my DW and I'm going to keep it a secret from her until the day we arrive. It will either be a magical week where she will be thrilled or it will be one where I will be sleeping on the other bed for spending the extra money without telling her. I think the risk is worth the reward.

I will say this about Disney, they know how to hook you. Our first visit to WDW was back in 08 and we stayed at the WL. We were booked for a standard view room and received an upgrade to concierge. Since then every stay has been concierge.
You already know how wonderful WL CL is so congratulations on upgrading. We won't tell your DW, but do you need to request a bunk room in case she gets upset?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #795
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Just bumping up from the second page. We are planning our first stay at WL in January

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: