Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #766
drjones31
Earning My Ears

Does anybody know if it is possible to get connecting rooms at the Wilderness Lodge? If so, are they only available with certain room types?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #767
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Yes, the WL has connecting rooms. I'm not sure if they are limited to certain categories or not. But they definitely have them. One of the room types is woods view.

Just make a request on your reservation.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #768
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Update on flag family

WDWKOOK asked for an update on the flag family. I had asked at check-in once I was clear of the children. I was given a choice of 3 dates. We received a letter the night before confirming that we had been selected to participate. We had to go to the concierge desk at 8.15 a.m. DS8 had the responsibility of carrying the American flag which he took very seriously. Ranger Jack took us to the top of the hotel. There are 5 flags: American flag, Florida state flag, Disney flag, DVC flag and Wilderness Lodge flag. The Disney Vacation club flag seems to be the only change. Ranger Jack presented us with a certificate in recognition of our participation in the flag raising ceremony. It felt like a special occasion. I feel privileged to have taken part in it. We were invited to stay for breakfast at club level.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #769
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
WDWKOOK asked for an update on the flag family. I had asked at check-in once I was clear of the children. I was given a choice of 3 dates. We received a letter the night before confirming that we had been selected to participate. We had to go to the concierge desk at 8.15 a.m. DS8 had the responsibility of carrying the American flag which he took very seriously. Ranger Jack took us to the top of the hotel. There are 5 flags: American flag, Florida state flag, Disney flag, DVC flag and Wilderness Lodge flag. The Disney Vacation club flag seems to be the only change. Ranger Jack presented us with a certificate in recognition of our participation in the flag raising ceremony. It felt like a special occasion. I feel privileged to have taken part in it. We were invited to stay for breakfast at club level.
Sounds like a special way to begin the day.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #770
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

That sounds amazing. I didnt know they did that. Is that all you have to do is ask the front desk at check in?
Hows the view from up there?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #771
andychris14
DIS Veteran

We are leaving next week for the WL. This is our first time staying there and are so excited. We have stayed at values and moderates before. Kids are 18 and 16. We have not requested any special rooms.
Is there anything I need to do or know before we arrive? What should we not miss or expect?
Thanks so much for any help
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
Old 07-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #772
jennyraye
Mouseketeer

Please add my (future) husband and me to the list. We will be honeymooning at the Lodge August 19-23. Would love some pixie dust for our stay, but don't know what to request, and certainly don't expect any extras since everyone in The World is celebrating something...even if it is just being in the best place on earth!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #773
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WDWKOOK asked for an update on the flag family.
Thanks for the update. I would love to do this, but I bet they only ask families who have children that are the right age for this. I would love to see the view. Breakfast at club level would be cool, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
We are leaving next week for the WL. This is our first time staying there and are so excited. We have stayed at values and moderates before. Kids are 18 and 16. We have not requested any special rooms.
Is there anything I need to do or know before we arrive? What should we not miss or expect?
Be sure to take the time to explore the resort. There are all kinds of hidden sitting areas on the different floors. There is a nice area above the front door that has a sitting area with a fireplace, not that you'll need it in August, but it is a nice place to relax. There is a huge balcony over the front door that is worth walking out on to see the view. There is another balcony over the bay side of the resort that looks out over the creek and waterfall. It has chairs to sit on and a great view of Bay Lake.

There is a walking path to Fort Wilderness, which we have to explore on our December trip, since we never got to do this when we were there in February. And they have a beach, bikes to rent, boats to rent, movies on the beach, marshmallow roast and a geyser that goes off on the same schedule as Old Faithful. At 9:30 pm the Electric Water Pagent will appear in front of the resort for a five minute show of lights and music.

The Hidden Springs pool over by the villas is heavily shaded, if you want a break from the hot sun. I loved this pool with the bubbling springs. There is a train display in the villas that we never had time to see. It is another thing on my agenda. And there is an hour long architectural tour of the lodge at 9 am on certain days of the week that sounds interesting.

This resort is going to spoil you and you will have a hard time going back to mods and values after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyraye View Post
Please add my (future) husband and me to the list. We will be honeymooning at the Lodge August 19-23. Would love some pixie dust for our stay, but don't know what to request, and certainly don't expect any extras since everyone in The World is celebrating something...even if it is just being in the best place on earth!

Congratulations!
I would definitely put a note on my room request that it was your honeymoon. That might help. And you might might to request a king bed. They have them in the regular rooms, but they are probably by request only.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 07-20-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #774
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Kook,

This is for you (especially) ....

Last night, first there was blueberry cobbler. OMG!

Then,

Peach and Strawberry! OMG!!!!

BTW, room 7043 also is NOT a connecting room! Nothing but beauty out to the left and no room next door to the right!

Oh, we saw Bambi's mother this morning! She is alive and well.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #775
andychris14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Thanks for the update. I would love to do this, but I bet they only ask families who have children that are the right age for this. I would love to see the view. Breakfast at club level would be cool, too.

Be sure to take the time to explore the resort. There are all kinds of hidden sitting areas on the different floors. There is a nice area above the front door that has a sitting area with a fireplace, not that you'll need it in August, but it is a nice place to relax. There is a huge balcony over the front door that is worth walking out on to see the view. There is another balcony over the bay side of the resort that looks out over the creek and waterfall. It has chairs to sit on and a great view of Bay Lake.

There is a walking path to Fort Wilderness, which we have to explore on our December trip, since we never got to do this when we were there in February. And they have a beach, bikes to rent, boats to rent, movies on the beach, marshmallow roast and a geyser that goes off on the same schedule as Old Faithful. At 9:30 pm the Electric Water Pagent will appear in front of the resort for a five minute show of lights and music.

The Hidden Springs pool over by the villas is heavily shaded, if you want a break from the hot sun. I loved this pool with the bubbling springs. There is a train display in the villas that we never had time to see. It is another thing on my agenda. And there is an hour long architectural tour of the lodge at 9 am on certain days of the week that sounds interesting.

This resort is going to spoil you and you will have a hard time going back to mods and values after this.
Thanks for the tips, I am going to try to do them all!!!
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
Old 07-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #776
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Giving a little shout out to our very own CuteAsMinnie who will be arriving at the OFC today in celebration of her 25th anniversary. (I have one year on you)

I have it on good authority that we're going to get a cobbler update/review soon
Thank you!!!

I posted your cobbler update before I saw this cuz I'm just so on top of things!!

Actually our 25th was last year but we had to wait this year to celebrate at the WL!! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Congrats to CuteAsMinnie WDWKOOK, I have one year up on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

That CuteAsMinnie is just a kid...
Absolutely I AM! Thank u!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
YES, CuteAsMinnie!! I hope you get lots of Magical Surprises. Have a wonderful trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
have a fabulous time CuteAsMinnie!
Too sweet! Thanks!!

Our Magical (unexpected) Surprise yesterday was DD(20) teared up upon walking into the majestic lobby! We asked her about it this morning and she simply said she was happy to be back.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #777
jennyraye
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Congratulations!
I would definitely put a note on my room request that it was your honeymoon. That might help. And you might might to request a king bed. They have them in the regular rooms, but they are probably by request only.
Do this at online check-in or do I need to call? We have a courtyard room booked and TA at AAA requested king bed already. So, I am thinking requests of 1) honeymoon, 2) inner courtyard, 3) king bed...just to be sure. Sound good?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #778
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Kook,

This is for you (especially) ....

Last night, first there was blueberry cobbler. OMG!

Then,

Peach and Strawberry! OMG!!!!

BTW, room 7043 also is NOT a connecting room! Nothing but beauty out to the left and no room next door to the right!

Oh, we saw Bambi's mother this morning! She is alive and well.

You've made our morning and we're even more excited about our stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your cobbler photos. Those look scrumptious and like they're back to the original recipe, that was tweaked when we were last there.

So 7043 doesn't have a connecting door to the VP Suite? Looks like you have a great North Wing Courtyard View

So sweet that DD20 was happy to be back at her Lodge. So we're both at 26 years, huh? Do you have a special dinner planned?

Did Bambi's Mom have an armadillo with her?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #779
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
What a great summary and it seems unchanged from the past. I'm going to add some of your comments to the FF section on the first page - thank you and I hope you're having a wonderful stay - happy 16th anniversary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
That sounds amazing. I didnt know they did that. Is that all you have to do is ask the front desk at check in?
Hows the view from up there?
There is information on the first page on FF, but Leia covered it all. The view is amazing from the photos I've seen and you can see the MK, CR, monorail, Bay Lake, Poly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
Welcome! Wood Nymph offered great suggestions and there are more on the first page of this thread. I'd also recommend walking over to the VWL lobby and exploring the Carolwood Pacific Room where there is lots of train memorabilia. And, the free WL tour most mornings (more info. on first page) is a definite must-do. You're going to love WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyraye View Post

Congratulations and I'd be happy to add you to our Lodgers' Log. I would suggest exactly what Wood Nymph did

Quote:
Anyone can be Flag Family, with or without kids. Just ask at check-in for availability. They can see what days are open, if any and will book any family, if it's available during your stay

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #780
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the update! Really crossing my fingers and saying a prayer we get to experience this! We have a lot of early breakfast ADR's for the little one, but I'm confident since you had three dates to choose from that we can hopefully find one that works and get to experience this!

Quote:
There is a train display in the villas that we never had time to see. It is another thing on my agenda.
The train display at the Villas sounds interesting. I think my little one would enjoy it and my husband said it sounds cool. We are planning a whole day to explore the lodge, maybe mini golf somewhere before an early dinner at WCC and the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise over at the Contemporary. Our whole goal this trip is to take it easy and enjoy the resort since it's our first stay at a Deluxe! So, thank you for the tips on things to do!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: