Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #691
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
OK, so I've been back from an absolutely fabulous trip. Have been back for a while in fact.

I will write a tripreport with some pics later but right now I'm finding it hard to find time and energy for that.

You see I'd hardly been back for a day when they told me they were cutting my job , nice huh? Looks like I'll be out of work somewhere in september or whenever they finally make up their minds.
Been really busy trying to find something else, so far no luck.

I am glad though we decided to take the trip this year then, unless I find another job that pays so well as this one does no more fabulous trips like this one. (Queen Mary II to New York and then two weeks of WDW)

I will go and show and tell you some more with a TripReport later on.
I'm sorry to hear about the job. I hope something else comes along soon.

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. Your trip sounded good before you took it and I would love to hear how it turned out.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #692
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If you've stayed at WL before then adding CL will make it perfect! And, it's the perfect 'chill' resort. Even our DD14 loves chillin' at WL. You already know about all the fireplaces and sofas/chairs to chill out in. There are more sofas and chairs to chill out in on the 7th floor. The North Wing seating is very quiet and relaxed. We also love the beach because it's rarely crowded and so peaceful. We love walking to FW and going to Trail's End for breakfast or dinner (lunch is good, too but they don't have the buffet then.) Have you tried the Territory Lounge? Have you taken the free Lodge tour?

Make sure you go over to VWL and explore the lobby. The Carolwood room has lots of interesting things related to Walt's trains that Jim might enjoy. I love the inglenook they have in the lobby. It's across from Sturdy Branches and it's so cozy in front of the fireplace.

There are two CL views: Woods and Courtyard. Within Courtyard there is INNER which is of the WL courtyard and VWL courtyard. If you won't mind the afternoon pool party, I would recommend an inner courtyard view. The South Wing rooms are marginally closer to the lounge than the North Wing rooms. Our favorite room is one of only two STD CL rooms that directly face the courtyard and have no connecting door. They are rooms 7035 and 7127 and they are next to the two suites and at the very end of each wing.

Guess what, Linda????? Only 17 more days!!!!

Nice to see you back over here. Is some WL scheming going on?
No sad to say no WL planning happening here. I'm being really cheap with my DVC points for this next trip .... staying AKV (standard view) and OKW. I love both of those resorts but WL is still my favorite .... it's just HOME! Yesterday I did add 3 nights at CSR (ap rate) at the beginning of my trip.

Just so you know I'm always on this thread ..... lurking and reading .... maybe I'll just have to wave at you so you'll know I'm here.

50 days for me!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #693
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
I'm heading in 16 days for my Honeymoon. The last 2 weeks of the trip we will be at WL. I was a bit hesitant at first due to the lack of theme park access (compared to the BWI, the first resort of our stay), that is, until I saw how quick the WL Ferry was compared to the T&T centre ferry.
You will love the WL.....the resort is just amazing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
OK, so I've been back from an absolutely fabulous trip. Have been back for a while in fact.

I will write a tripreport with some pics later but right now I'm finding it hard to find time and energy for that.

You see I'd hardly been back for a day when they told me they were cutting my job , nice huh? Looks like I'll be out of work somewhere in september or whenever they finally make up their minds.
Been really busy trying to find something else, so far no luck.

I am glad though we decided to take the trip this year then, unless I find another job that pays so well as this one does no more fabulous trips like this one. (Queen Mary II to New York and then two weeks of WDW)

I will go and show and tell you some more with a TripReport later on.
Glad you had a great time . So sorry to hear about your job. Good luck in the job search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just booked a trip for Sept. 25 to Oct 2nd!! Staying club level for the first time here and very excited. We have stayed club level at GF,BWI,YC and have BC booked for December.

My husband loves the lodge for a quiet vacation and he is looking forward to trying something different for food at the Lodge. I will be reading here daily now to gather any information I can on the club level!!!!
You will love WL CL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If you've stayed at WL before then adding CL will make it perfect! And, it's the perfect 'chill' resort.
I agree .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #694
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Thanks Kook!! I am really looking forward to trying the club level there. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated. What type of views are offered? I have a feeling we are going to LOVE it!! We have stayed at the WL a couple time and Jim loves the atmosphere there. We don't do the parks too much, except when we go with the grandchildren, and this trip will be a chill trip.
Having just spent a night on the CL level following our wedding (also at the Lodge), I give a big thumbs up for room 7084. It's across the foyer from the snacks and drinks, but the balcony offers grand views of Wishes while sitting. If only they'd pipe in the music. . .

Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #695
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Hi all!!! Checked yesterday morning for our first stay at the WL. Love this resort. So compact peaceful. We arrived at 930 at MCO. Right on ME. WL first stop b4 POLY. CR and GF. Our courtyard view room. 5075 was ready and exactly what I asked for. Inner courtyard open balcony high floor. We went to DHS (thanks Josh from easy WDW). Got FP to TSM for 6 pm. Returned to room around 8 EXHAUSTED!!! Luggage and garden grocer order arrived. Refrig in room. Received an email inviting me to test FP+ for Be Our Guest. Picked day time and meal desired for vacation party. Can't wait to see how this works. Looking forward to EPCOT today. Thanks all!!!! Love this place

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
Old 07-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #696
Dumbo Mad
Mouseketeer

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice.

We are hoping to stay at the Wilderness Lodge next September (2014) for 15 nights. It will be my husband and myself in one room and my father in another room. He has issues walking (bad knees) and I'm wondering what the best room location for us would be.... His determined not to rent a scooter

I've seen the standard views, and I'm hoping that we can afford a wood view, maybe of the castle if possible, but I don't want to be too far away from the facilities. My father is also a light sleeper, so I don't think the rooms in the lobby would work. We will be using the bus/boat for transport and also Roaring Forks for breakfast most mornings.

Any advice would be greatly received

Oh and can you tell me if they have toasters in Roaring Forks please?
Thank you
Nikki

Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #697
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Well, I had to change my dates for my trip, but only by 2 days!! We now go on the 27th to the 4th. Was very worried I wasn't going to be able to keep my room, but we did. Flights were the same price too, love the no change fee on Southwest!!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #698
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Mini Trip Report

I wanted to post and let you all know a little bit of our experience at Disney. We were there from 6/24-6/30 and stayed on the Club Level. We had room 7042 which gave us a view of the MK castle and bunk beds. It was truly the experience of a lifetime.

It's still hard to know where to begin, so let me just give you some random thoughts in bullet points. I apologize if some of these are not Wilderness Lodge specific.

- We took full advantage of the IPO prior to arriving. It was a huge burden lifted off of me to be able to contact someone with questions and to have them be able to do all of our reservations at the 180 day mark. They were able to accommodate several changes as well leading up to our trip.

- The Magic Express service was simply amazing. I'm still in awe of the logistics of WDW in general and the Magic Express in particular ran like clock work.

- The club level staff were all amazing. Kelly showed us to our room and was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay. At one point, they even let me use their computer to print off a touring plan when we made some modifications. One morning I went down to the desk and one of the CMs was dealing with a really obnoxious guest. The woman was rude and unreasonable. It was pretty clear that the only thing that would make her happy was getting money back. The CM was kind, patient, and solved her problem in a number of different ways.

- We used the WL child care service one evening. It was pricey, but my kids enjoyed their stay there. One note of caution, the meal they provided was not enough food for my daughter who was on an adult meal plan.

- The pool-side activities in the afternoon were awesome. My kids had a grand time. There is so much to do just at the resort that you could vacation there for 3 or 4 days and never go to a park and still have a wonderful time! We roasted marshmallows, watched the floating parade, and swam. They also show a movie on the beach each night!

- Speaking of swimming.....the pool is top notch. The life guards are attentive and well trained. Lots of towels available all day, so don't pack beach towels. The only negative was the lack of beach chairs. Some guests would obviously hoard the chairs which led to a shortage. We stuck to using one chair for our family when the pool was busy. I wish others would do the same. I'd like to see the staff be more proactive about keeping people from "saving" chairs that they are not using.

- Had two dinners and two breakfasts at Whispering Canyon. LOTS of food and pretty good as well. The breakfast in particular was outstanding. My wife and I had dinner at Artist Pointe one evening and while it was good, it didn't quite live up to the expectation I had built for it. That's probably more my fault than theirs.

- On our first evening at the resort, we were taking a stroll around the grounds to get our bearings and one of the CMs showed us an alligator that was right off the beach near the Teton Boat Rental! It was about a four footer! We never saw it again, but it was cool.

- I have read comments from time to time abut the WL rooms being small. While I have nothing to compare against at WDW resorts, I will say that we did not find the room to be small. We felt like we had plenty of space for all four of us throughout the week.

- Mousekeeping did a great job with the room. We tipped each day but we never got any towel animals. I hadn't mentioned this to the kids so they weren't disappointed, but I was a little upset that we didn't get even a single one despite a generous daily tip. Oh well, not a huge deal especially since they had the room clean every day.

- If you're planning a trip and have small kids, I cannot say enough how much the mid-day break meant for us. It was critical to the enjoyment of the parks and each other. I simply cannot imagine not coming back to the resort for a few hours each day to unwind and rest. I know that some will disagree with me on that, but it was exactly what my family needed every day. Plus, being able to come back to a place as wonderful as WL made it easy!

That's all I can think of at the moment. I've missed the thread so now I need to do some catching up. When we left, I was looking at this as a once in a lifetime trip, but now, I'm already looking at ways we can go back again next year! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #699
jstouder
Mouseketeer

Any updates on the fridge removal for WL? We check in on 8/11.
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #700
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hi all!!! Checked yesterday morning for our first stay at the WL. Love this resort. So compact peaceful. We arrived at 930 at MCO. Right on ME. WL first stop b4 POLY. CR and GF. Our courtyard view room. 5075 was ready and exactly what I asked for. Inner courtyard open balcony high floor. We went to DHS (thanks Josh from easy WDW). Got FP to TSM for 6 pm. Returned to room around 8 EXHAUSTED!!! Luggage and garden grocer order arrived. Refrig in room. Received an email inviting me to test FP+ for Be Our Guest. Picked day time and meal desired for vacation party. Can't wait to see how this works. Looking forward to EPCOT today. Thanks all!!!! Love this place
Glad you love the WL.....it is a great resort. Hope you continue to have a good trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo Mad View Post
Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice.

We are hoping to stay at the Wilderness Lodge next September (2014) for 15 nights. It will be my husband and myself in one room and my father in another room. He has issues walking (bad knees) and I'm wondering what the best room location for us would be.... His determined not to rent a scooter

I've seen the standard views, and I'm hoping that we can afford a wood view, maybe of the castle if possible, but I don't want to be too far away from the facilities. My father is also a light sleeper, so I don't think the rooms in the lobby would work. We will be using the bus/boat for transport and also Roaring Forks for breakfast most mornings.

Any advice would be greatly received

Oh and can you tell me if they have toasters in Roaring Forks please?
Thank you
Nikki
I can't help as far as room suggestions, but regarding the toaster, there should be one in Roaring Forks. As far as I know, all resort CS places have a toaster .

Quote:
Well, I had to change my dates for my trip, but only by 2 days!! We now go on the 27th to the 4th. Was very worried I wasn't going to be able to keep my room, but we did. Flights were the same price too, love the no change fee on Southwest!!
Glad everything worked out with the changes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
I wanted to post and let you all know a little bit of our experience at Disney. We were there from 6/24-6/30 and stayed on the Club Level. We had room 7042 which gave us a view of the MK castle and bunk beds. It was truly the experience of a lifetime.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I've missed the thread so now I need to do some catching up. When we left, I was looking at this as a once in a lifetime trip, but now, I'm already looking at ways we can go back again next year! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for sharing about your trip. I'm glad you had a great time and loved the WL. I hope you are able to plan a trip back next year .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #701
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Looking for some advice here from some of you WL experts. I have been to the WL three times, all staying concierge. With concierge I never made a request for any views and took what came my way. Once was fantastic, another ok, and the first visit not so good.

Question is this; with my upcoming trip I am booked for a courtyard view. What wing, rooms, or area should I request that has some great views? I've looked at the maps but still not certain. I don't really mind if it's a long walk to the CS or lobby. I'm just hoping to be able to relax at the end of a day and enjoy a cold soda while looking out at a nice view.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 07-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #702
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Welcome. I'm typing this from the lobby of the WL. At MK for opening - met all the long lost friends. Son had just got in the pool for the first time when lightning hit. He was out faster than he got in.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #703
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Looking for some advice here from some of you WL experts. I have been to the WL three times, all staying concierge. With concierge I never made a request for any views and took what came my way. Once was fantastic, another ok, and the first visit not so good.

Question is this; with my upcoming trip I am booked for a courtyard view. What wing, rooms, or area should I request that has some great views? I've looked at the maps but still not certain. I don't really mind if it's a long walk to the CS or lobby. I'm just hoping to be able to relax at the end of a day and enjoy a cold soda while looking out at a nice view.
Inner courtyard would have the best view. There is a courtyard view that looks at the villas that is not as nice as the inner courtyard is.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 07-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #704
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

November Xmas Decorations

Since Thanksgiving is late this year, when will the decorations go-up at WL?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #705
Jersey918
Earning My Ears

Lurker Here

Hi! I am a lurker who decided to come out of hiding I found this board to be very helpful when I was planning our first stay at WL last September.

We just booked another trip for 9/20 - 9/27/14 at WL for our 10 year anniversary ... if only it wasn't so far away!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: