Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #601
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

mickeynut1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlraposa View Post
Booked our first stay at VWL. 2/15-2/22/14. So excited! Going to miss the monorail at Poly.
Any advice on transportation ? Is there a bus to TTC or boat to Contemporary?
Congratulations on booking! I'll add your stay to our Lodgers' Log. I know your question was answered, but there is more transportation information on the first page and a link to it in Post #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
There is a boat to the CR that travels between WL, FW and CR. It is a very short boat ride and a great way to get to the monorail. There is also a direct bus to MK which takes about 5 minutes or less. There aren't any resort buses that go to the TTC.

We stayed at the WL this past Feb and loved it.

Just adding in case someone wants to know that if you want to get to the TTC from WL, you can take the boat to CR and then monorail to the TTC (it's the first stop) or you can walk to the TTC from Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Wow, thanks Kook. Feel free to adjust the times based on feedback and other's experiences. It was good to mention the direction of the Blue Flag boat, and how going via FW can add 10 min to the WL to CR trip. It looks great to me. We''ll get updated more exact bus times this September now that it's part of the main thread.
Thank you for answering questions in depth! I think you answered a question that is asked often, so if someone does check the first page, they'll have a good summary of travel times now. I think your times were pretty accurate - especially the 12 minute ride to MK
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #602
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just adding in case someone wants to know that if you want to get to the TTC from WL, you can take the boat to CR and then monorail to the TTC (it's the first stop) or you can walk to the TTC from Poly.
It is also a fun way to get to Epcot via the monorail instead of taking the bus.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #603
iggypeck
Earning My Ears

First Lodge Stay!

Hello! I just booked a Jan 12 - 17 2014 WL vacation through David's DVC Rental. DH, DD4, and DS2, and I are all looking forward to our first stay at the lodge. Thanks to everyone for contributing to such an informative thread!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #604
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
mickeynut1:
Hi KOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggypeck View Post
Hello! I just booked a Jan 12 - 17 2014 WL vacation through David's DVC Rental. DH, DD4, and DS2, and I are all looking forward to our first stay at the lodge. Thanks to everyone for contributing to such an informative thread!
Congrats on your first WL stay......you are going to love the lodge .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #605
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
It is also a fun way to get to Epcot via the monorail instead of taking the bus.
Agreed. I have a soft spot for the monorail, and it's nice to be able to so easily mix it up at WL - so many great travel options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggypeck View Post
to the WL/VWL thread and to the DIS, iggypeck!

Now you can start planning you VWL stay and ADRs. Did you book a one-bedroom? I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi KOOK
I know this will come as a big shock to all of you, but I just made a resort change...We're going to drive down in one day instead of two, (it's about 14 hours depending on drafting/headwinds). I was just able to add a night to the beginning. While we won't be arriving fresh and early on 8/1, we will be arriving in time for cobbler the night before! Save us some COBBLER!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #606
morrismhs
Mouseketeer

Love the cobbler and a nice cappuccino! Yum
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #607
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this will come as a big shock to all of you, but I just made a resort change...We're going to drive down in one day instead of two, (it's about 14 hours depending on drafting/headwinds). I was just able to add a night to the beginning. While we won't be arriving fresh and early on 8/1, we will be arriving in time for cobbler the night before! Save us some COBBLER!!!
Not a shock at all . How exciting that you added a night and that you will be there in time for cobbler . I can't wait to visit the WL in December as I just made a dinner ADR for WCC for our last night .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #608
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Thanks WDWKOOK & mickeynut1 for the feedback. I figured as much so now it will be a matter of if I can get lucky enough to save a little money. Good thing I've already been brown bagging my lunch to work paying for my trip in April. But what's worse is I made it home in time to watch the Disney shows on Destination America which is making me wish my trip wasn't until Sept. 15th!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #609
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrismhs View Post
Love the cobbler and a nice cappuccino! Yum
Your vacation is coming up soon! Are you packed yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Not a shock at all . How exciting that you added a night and that you will be there in time for cobbler . I can't wait to visit the WL in December as I just made a dinner ADR for WCC for our last night .
I knew you'd understand. I love your WCC ADR on your last night - end on a high note

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Thanks WDWKOOK & mickeynut1 for the feedback. I figured as much so now it will be a matter of if I can get lucky enough to save a little money. Good thing I've already been brown bagging my lunch to work paying for my trip in April. But what's worse is I made it home in time to watch the Disney shows on Destination America which is making me wish my trip wasn't until Sept. 15th!!!
You're welcome and September will be here in no time and you'll have cooler weather and lower crowds
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #610
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I'm going to book our first ever stay at the Lodge when Disney begins accepting 2014 dates on Wednesday and I'm sooooo excited!!! Before I do I wanted to ask about the balconies so I can add requests to our reservation.

We're going to book "Courtyard View" and I want to request an upper floor with an open balcony. What upper floor can I request to be sure we don't get a solid wall balcony.

Thanks!!

Carla
Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #611
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Hi!

I'm going to book our first ever stay at the Lodge when Disney begins accepting 2014 dates on Wednesday and I'm sooooo excited!!! Before I do I wanted to ask about the balconies so I can add requests to our reservation.

We're going to book "Courtyard View" and I want to request an upper floor with an open balcony. What upper floor can I request to be sure we don't get a solid wall balcony.

Thanks!!

Carla
Word your request open balcony first then higher floor. It's best to list the more important request first.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #612
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Word your request open balcony first then higher floor. It's best to list the more important request first.
Thank you for the reply!! I'm trying to read all I can about the Lodge and I'm having a great time doing it thus far.

Carla
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #613
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

New bedding

Anyone know if the Thumper pillows are or will be for sale? After looking over the refub pics some more, I think I'm in need of one.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #614
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
You're welcome . Those Disney shows can do you in ....I love watching them, but it makes me want to be at Disney right then and there.

Quote:
I knew you'd understand. I love your WCC ADR on your last night - end on a high note
I sure do . We haven't been to WCC for quite a few years but always loved it the times we did go. I needed one more ADR and my DS18 suggested WCC, so I got online and grabbed it. It will be nice to spend some time at the WL before going home .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Hi!

Thanks!!

Carla
You are going to love the WL . I agree with the pp to put the most important request first.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #615
iggypeck
Earning My Ears

Signature Dining Question

Thanks for the welcome, mickeynut and kook!

I booked a studio. Not only will this be my first WL visit, but it will be my family's first time at a deluxe resort. I'm looking forward to the larger room, dining choices, walking around the beautiful resort grounds, and, of course, the close proximity to Magic Kingdom. It's all so exciting, and something I never thought I'd be able to experience. I'm so glad I found out about DVC rentals.

As for ADRs, I'm anxiously awaiting my 180-day mark! As someone who has never dined at a signature restaurant, would Artist Point be a good experience? What do WL-lovers think? Disney Food Blog seems to enjoy the atmosphere and food.

Thanks again!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: