Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #586
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Your anniversary trip is coming up so soon! Are you packed yet? Where is your first ADR?
Aww, Kook you are too sweet.

We are all very excited! Still waiting for DH to bring down the suitcases but he and I have all our stuff lined up and told DD and DS they need their stuff all together by this time next week. It'll take DS 10 minutes, DD.. Probably a little longer Rule is everyone gets one suitcase and I'm trying to do just carry-ons because our flight lands at 9:30, we have a car picking us up so we 'should' arrive at OFC for breakfast. If we check our luggage I'm not sure we'll make it. Am I crazy?

ADRs, we only have 3: BOG (DD choice. Thank u for suggesting I email IPO asking them to get this!), Via Napoli (looking forward to pizza and Sangria!) and Crystal Palace for lunch (DS originally chose Cape May for the clam bake and last week we were chatting about our dining and he asked why are we going to a clam bake. I reminded him HE chose that. He said, "when...? In January??" I cancelled that ADR. Interesting comment I thought. So, CP has always been special to us so we are having lunch with Pooh and Tigger. (He (17) remembers his first trip to WDW having lunch at CP being terrified of Pooh and Tigger! So this time, he'll be a little more 'chill'. We will try Trails End (not sure if bkfst or dinner yet) and wander to GF to have lunch at GF cafe. Columbia Harbour House has always been our first night's dinner! The rest...we just go with the flow and take full advantage of OFC.

This is such a special trip celebrating our 25th, celebrating a few other HUGE blessings and, as DD(20) and DS(17) put it.."one last time together while we are kids."

We are very blessed and very much looking forward to all being together
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #587
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

We are all very excited! Still waiting for DH to bring down the suitcases but he and I have all our stuff lined up and told DD and DS they need their stuff all together by this time next week. It'll take DS 10 minutes, DD.. Probably a little longer Rule is everyone gets one suitcase and I'm trying to do just carry-ons because our flight lands at 9:30, we have a car picking us up so we 'should' arrive at OFC for breakfast. If we check our luggage I'm not sure we'll make it. Am I crazy?

ADRs, we only have 3: BOG (DD choice. Thank u for suggesting I email IPO asking them to get this!), Via Napoli (looking forward to pizza and Sangria!) and Crystal Palace for lunch (DS originally chose Cape May for the clam bake and last week we were chatting about our dining and he asked why are we going to a clam bake. I reminded him HE chose that. He said, "when...? In January??" I cancelled that ADR. Interesting comment I thought. So, CP has always been special to us so we are having lunch with Pooh and Tigger. (He (17) remembers his first trip to WDW having lunch at CP being terrified of Pooh and Tigger! So this time, he'll be a little more 'chill'. We will try Trails End (not sure if bkfst or dinner yet) and wander to GF to have lunch at GF cafe. Columbia Harbour House has always been our first night's dinner! The rest...we just go with the flow and take full advantage of OFC.

This is such a special trip celebrating our 25th, celebrating a few other HUGE blessings and, as DD(20) and DS(17) put it.."one last time together while we are kids."

Sounds like an awesome trip!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #588
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Have an awesome trip

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
Old 07-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #589
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

After staying at Pop Century for my last 3 solo visits, I decided to go home for my trip in September. At first I was going to wait and book WL for my trip the week after Thanksgiving but I was able to book a courtyard view for my now planned 2nd visit this year. I'm determined to get my monies worth out of my AP investment! So glad to see that I will be going after the rooms have gone through a refurb. This was the first resort I stayed at in 1998 after prior family trips at Fort Wilderness and last stayed at WL in 2008.

I do have a question for AP holders...would there be a chance of rebooking a standard view when the next round of AP discounts are released? I'm not picky about views, I just NEED to stay there again because I can't take the withdrawal anymore!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #590
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! We're staying at the WL September 2-9! This is our first stay at the lodge, normally we're at POR. It's totally overwhelming trying to learn everything about this resort! I'm sooo looking forward to it, though!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #591
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Joining in!! We're staying at the WL September 2-9! This is our first stay at the lodge, normally we're at POR. It's totally overwhelming trying to learn everything about this resort! I'm sooo looking forward to it, though!
You will love it! This resort is much smaller than POR, but the grandness is much more overwhelming!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #592
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

You're not crazy, just well intentioned. If your flight doesn't land until 0930, I don't think you can make an OFC breakfast since they stop serving at 10:30. Could you book a later WCC breakfast? We like doing that on our arrival day or you could even book an early lunch ADR somewhere or do a QS. I think you'd feel less rushed and anxious about getting to WL. This would also allow you to bring more if you're not in a rush and can check some bags. You could then even take ME and not pay for a car service. Just some thoughts.

Don't forget to snag the CHH table upstairs overlooking FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
After staying at Pop Century for my last 3 solo visits, I decided to go home for my trip in September. At first I was going to wait and book WL for my trip the week after Thanksgiving but I was able to book a courtyard view for my now planned 2nd visit this year. I'm determined to get my monies worth out of my AP investment! So glad to see that I will be going after the rooms have gone through a refurb. This was the first resort I stayed at in 1998 after prior family trips at Fort Wilderness and last stayed at WL in 2008.

I do have a question for AP holders...would there be a chance of rebooking a standard view when the next round of AP discounts are released? I'm not picky about views, I just NEED to stay there again because I can't take the withdrawal anymore!
Welcome and congratulations on booking WL! All of the WL rooms were rehabbed almost one year ago

You can change your AP booking if a STD room opens up. You can keep checking the WDW booking website daily starting now. The AP site is back up and running.

Quote:
Welcome! I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log. The first page should help familiarize you with the resort, but feel free to let us know if you have questions
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #593
jlraposa
Earning My Ears

Booked our first stay at VWL. 2/15-2/22/14. So excited! Going to miss the monorail at Poly.
Any advice on transportation ? Is there a bus to TTC or boat to Contemporary?
8/2009- POLY 4/2007- AS
7/2005 - POLY 7/2004- POR
7/2001- POLY 3/1996- POR
3/1995- AS 6/1994- POR
1/1992- OFFSITE 5/1989- DLAND
5/1986- POLY 5/1984- POLY
5/1982- OFFSITE
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #594
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
We've booked WL Woods View for January! Let the countdown begin!
January will be here before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Trying to compare to CR or Poly...worth the extra $ to be on the monorail or not...Loved being able to walk to the TTC from our room at the Poly and grabbing the monorail to MK, Epcot, or the other resorts from there...SO fast and easy...
We've stayed at the WL twice and the Poly once (which was enough to make us fall in love with it ) and our experience with the WL transportation has always been great. The Poly does have an edge being within walking distance to the TTC and 2 monorail stops from MK, but the buses and boat at the WL have always been great during our stays. Out of all of the resorts we've stayed at, the WL ranks up there with some of the best transportation, IMO .

Quote:

You're going to have an amazing trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
As WDWKOOK posted, you can modify your reservation should an AP discount become available for a standard view .

Quote:
You are going to love the lodge .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlraposa View Post
Booked our first stay at VWL. 2/15-2/22/14. So excited! Going to miss the monorail at Poly.
Congrats on your first stay at the lodge. We haven't stayed in the villas, but we love the WL. In our experience, the transportation has always been great. There is a boat to the CR, which is convenient for dining, shopping, or just visiting there and then hopping on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. The Poly is our favorite resort, but the WL isn't far behind. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #595
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlraposa View Post
There is a boat to the CR that travels between WL, FW and CR. It is a very short boat ride and a great way to get to the monorail. There is also a direct bus to MK which takes about 5 minutes or less. There aren't any resort buses that go to the TTC.

We stayed at the WL this past Feb and loved it.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #596
jlraposa
Earning My Ears

Awesome. Thanks we can't wait to surprise the kiddos we've always wanted to try the WL ... Just got use to staying at the Poly. I guess you stick to what you know.
8/2009- POLY 4/2007- AS
7/2005 - POLY 7/2004- POR
7/2001- POLY 3/1996- POR
3/1995- AS 6/1994- POR
1/1992- OFFSITE 5/1989- DLAND
5/1986- POLY 5/1984- POLY
5/1982- OFFSITE
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #597
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
There is a boat to the CR that travels between WL, FW and CR. It is a very short boat ride and a great way to get to the monorail. There is also a direct bus to MK which takes about 5 minutes or less. There aren't any resort buses that go to the TTC.

We stayed at the WL this past Feb and loved it.
Do you know the hours of operation of the boat?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #598
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Do you know the hours of operation of the boat?
The Blue Flag boats which run between WL, FW, and CR run from 6:55 AM until 11:30 PM.

The MK boat hours depend on park hours.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #599
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Excellent summary and I will add this to the first page's Transportation section.

Just elaborating in case anyone is wondering, you can also boat to CR and then walk to the MK or take the monorail to the TTC to get to Epcot or to the Poly and GF (or to MK), but this is indirect, as Paul mentioned.
Wow, thanks Kook. Feel free to adjust the times based on feedback and other's experiences. It was good to mention the direction of the Blue Flag boat, and how going via FW can add 10 min to the WL to CR trip. It looks great to me. We''ll get updated more exact bus times this September now that it's part of the main thread.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #600
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Sounds like an awesome trip!! :-)
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Have an awesome trip
We will! Thanks!!

Quote:
You will love WL!!!

Quote:
You're not crazy, just well intentioned. If your flight doesn't land until 0930, I don't think you can make an OFC breakfast since they stop serving at 10:30. Could you book a later WCC breakfast? We like doing that on our arrival day or you could even book an early lunch ADR somewhere or do a QS. I think you'd feel less rushed and anxious about getting to WL. This would also allow you to bring more if you're not in a rush and can check some bags. You could then even take ME and not pay for a car service. Just some thoughts.

Don't forget to snag the CHH table upstairs overlooking FL
Thanks for the tips!
I have no idea what the CHH table is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

You're going to have an amazing trip .
I know we will!. Thank you!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: