Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #556
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I'm piggy-backing on this discussion about room requests. I originally considered booking Standard since we're going in the winter and will likely not sit out in the balcony. But, all the talk about Standard rooms is making me a little nervous, so I'm now considering booking Woods View. If we book a Woods view, what kind of room request is recommended for a nice view?
I would think your room requests could be the same for either Woods or Standard view. Either way you could ask for a high floor in the North wing and have a chance at seeing Wishes and be relatively close to Roaring Fork for QS food.

Another factor in room requests though is whether you prefer to have a room that opens to the lobby. We really enjoyed this, but can see how others might prefer a quieter location or not be fond of the open hallways due to a fear of heights. You might want to use a room request to specify whether you would like a room that opens to the lobby or not. It is worth noting that on the map, all of the Standard View rooms in the South Wing do open to the lobby.

No matter what you will be in a beautiful resort and under the same roof as everyone. It really is nice that WL is compact compared to larger WDW resorts.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #557
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

What are the locations of the club level rooms at WL? Are they all on a certain floor? What will the view be if you pick CL standard view?

Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #558
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
What are the locations of the club level rooms at WL? Are they all on a certain floor?
Check out post #7 for all the Club Level room info.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...79&postcount=7

Quote:
What will the view be if you pick CL standard view?
Check out post #3 for detailed room view descriptions and pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...96&postcount=3
Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #559
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
to you, Kook!
You're so cute - as Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Just a couple of quick thoughts about our recent WL stay.
Have stayed at WL previously, twice in the Lodge and once in the villas.

This time, booked a deluxe club level room, because I had 3 teenage girls and a 10 year old girl with me. I wanted the teens to have a room to themselves for a while before we moved to Boardwalk as part of a split stay.

I do love the theming and the location of WL....perfect for trips to the MK, and so easy to get to HDDR. Teens loved the pool and slide.

Like the set up of the Old Faithful Club, and the seating. Good food offerings, nice CM's.

Pros and cons as to the room. Room 2000 is about as far away from the OFC as one can get, so we probably didn't make as many trips to the lounge as we would have. (We spent a LOT of time in the lounge at Boardwalk.) Of course, it is also close to the pool, and not far from the boat dock, which is convenient. And the noisy teens didn't disturb anyone at night, because it is the corner room. It is a nice sized room for 5.

Balconies are rather a waste--nothing to see, and couldn't see over the rails if there was something besides a dense wood. No big deal, as we were looking forward to the balcony at BWI anyway.

Will look forward to returning to WL in the future....maybe not with 5 people this time, so I can get a room closer to the OFC!
Thanks for posting about your Deluxe room stay. It does make for a trek when you're not staying on the CL floor at any resort. The Deluxe room seems to be a nice compromise between booking two CL rooms, unless you can get a discount on the two CL rooms Vs. the Deluxe, which rarely has discounts. Did you have a Deluxe room at BWI? Five of those rooms are on the CL floor, which makes it much more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
We stayed one night following a week on the Fantasy at WL. The standard room we were in (5064) was enough to make me never book standard there again.
Welcome! Your bolded comment made me think of a line from Seinfeld when Kramer reports that he "Spent a week there one night!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
I'm so excited!! Going to stay at WL for the first time since 1999 in December. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to afford it, but we managed to do it. Now, the trip seems so real. We can't wait!

We have booked a woods view and we like quiet peaceful rooms that have a little soemthing to look at. I have requested a view of the otter pond, upper floors. Do you think that this will give us the best chance of a room that fits that?

Thanks everyone!
Welcome and congratulations on booking WL! I think you've made a request that would fit your desire to have a quieter location. The North Wing or near the Otter Pond and a high floor, will give you a peaceful view and even the chance of seeing some of Wishes. Have you booked your ADRs yet?

Quote:
I'm piggy-backing on this discussion about room requests. I originally considered booking Standard since we're going in the winter and will likely not sit out in the balcony. But, all the talk about Standard rooms is making me a little nervous, so I'm now considering booking Woods View. If we book a Woods view, what kind of room request is recommended for a nice view?
I wouldn't be too worried about booking a SV. You'll still have woods in the distance and even the chance of seeing some of Wishes from the higher North Wing rooms. The only difference with a WV room in the North Wing would be that it wouldn't be above the Service Area and Smokehouse - the WV rooms are further toward the dock and away from the parking area and only overlook woods and the Otter Pond. But, for a WV room, I would request 5th floor, North Wing. The 5th is the highest floor that doesn't have any solid balcony railings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
The only room available with our offer was a queen bed w/ 2 bunk beds. We don't need the bunk beds. I feel slightly guilty taking that room if it meant someone's kids had to sleep on the floor. Is there any way to let the room assignment people know that we're fine with switching? Should we call that week before hand or mention it at check in?
Welcome and that is very thoughtful of you. But, since you've paid for a bunk room, I would keep checking for non-bunk availability. Rooms open up all the time and you can even ask at check-in and they would refund the difference if they move you to a non-bunk room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I would think your room requests could be the same for either Woods or Standard view. Either way you could ask for a high floor in the North wing and have a chance at seeing Wishes and be relatively close to Roaring Fork for QS food.

Another factor in room requests though is whether you prefer to have a room that opens to the lobby. We really enjoyed this, but can see how others might prefer a quieter location or not be fond of the open hallways due to a fear of heights. You might want to use a room request to specify whether you would like a room that opens to the lobby or not. It is worth noting that on the map, all of the Standard View rooms in the South Wing do open to the lobby.

No matter what you will be in a beautiful resort and under the same roof as everyone. It really is nice that WL is compact compared to larger WDW resorts.
Nicely put, as always.

Quote:
What are the locations of the club level rooms at WL? Are they all on a certain floor? What will the view be if you pick CL standard view?

Thanks!
There are two possible CL views and all WL CL rooms are referred to as "Standard":

Woods: Looking toward MK/CR (North Wing) or looking toward VWL (South Wing).

Courtyard: Looking toward the WL courtyard, Bay Lake, pool and geyser.

All are on the 7th floor, with the exception of the 25 Deluxe rooms located on floors 1-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Check out post #7 for all the Club Level room info.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...79&postcount=7

Check out post #3 for detailed room view descriptions and pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...96&postcount=3
Thank you for posting the links.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #560
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thanks for posting about your Deluxe room stay. It does make for a trek when you're not staying on the CL floor at any resort. The Deluxe room seems to be a nice compromise between booking two CL rooms, unless you can get a discount on the two CL rooms Vs. the Deluxe, which rarely has discounts. Did you have a Deluxe room at BWI? Five of those rooms are on the CL floor, which makes it much more convenient.

I did have a deluxe room at BWI, but on the 3rd floor instead of the CL floor. We were close to the "secret" stairs, though, so it only took a minute to get up to the 4th floor....and the balconies are larger on the 3rd floor, so it all worked out well.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #561
red712371
Mouseketeer

We have booked our ADRS and got everything that we wanted. Now, December will be here before we know it.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #562
molluskk
Earning My Ears

Have a 2 bedroom villa booked for VWL for 11/2-11/9 for our family of 6. 5/6 of us have been to WDW as a family but this is the first time for the 3 yo and the first time we will be staying on the property. Have most of our ADRs but still working on BOG.

I really appreciate this thread and all of the work everyone has put into it. Lots of great info! Thanks.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #563
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
We have booked our ADRS and got everything that we wanted. Now, December will be here before we know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molluskk View Post
Have a 2 bedroom villa booked for VWL for 11/2-11/9 for our family of 6. 5/6 of us have been to WDW as a family but this is the first time for the 3 yo and the first time we will be staying on the property. Have most of our ADRs but still working on BOG.

I really appreciate this thread and all of the work everyone has put into it. Lots of great info! Thanks.
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! I'm glad you've enjoyed this thread and we're happy to have you join in all the fun.

I'll add you to the Log-orail on the first page. BoG is a really tough one, even at 180+10 - crazy! If you don't get it, try a walk-up when they open (4:30) or the QS for lunch.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #564
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're so cute - as Minnie

Welcome! Your bolded comment made me think of a line from Seinfeld when Kramer reports that he "Spent a week there one night!"

Welcome and congratulations on booking WL! I think you've made a request that would fit your desire to have a quieter location. The North Wing or near the Otter Pond and a high floor, will give you a peaceful view and even the chance of seeing some of Wishes. Have you booked your ADRs yet?

I wouldn't be too worried about booking a SV. You'll still have woods in the distance and even the chance of seeing some of Wishes from the higher North Wing rooms. The only difference with a WV room in the North Wing would be that it wouldn't be above the Service Area and Smokehouse - the WV rooms are further toward the dock and away from the parking area and only overlook woods and the Otter Pond. But, for a WV room, I would request 5th floor, North Wing. The 5th is the highest floor that doesn't have any solid balcony railings.

Welcome and that is very thoughtful of you. But, since you've paid for a bunk room, I would keep checking for non-bunk availability. Rooms open up all the time and you can even ask at check-in and they would refund the difference if they move you to a non-bunk room.

Nicely put, as always.

There are two possible CL views and all WL CL rooms are referred to as "Standard":

Woods: Looking toward MK/CR (North Wing) or looking toward VWL (South Wing).

Courtyard: Looking toward the WL courtyard, Bay Lake, pool and geyser.

All are on the 7th floor, with the exception of the 25 Deluxe rooms located on floors 1-6.

Thank you for posting the links.
Hooneymoon room has an interesting view up on the 7th floor.While taking a shower you can look out and see a view of Gf and Comp resorts.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #565
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Hooneymoon room has an interesting view up on the 7th floor.While taking a shower you can look out and see a view of Gf and Comp resorts.
Welcome! I knew you could see GF, MK, CR from the North Wing HS, but how convenient to see it while showering
Old 07-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #566
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We just got back a few days ago and stayed in a woods view, bunk bed room. We had booked standard view, but were given an upgrade when we checked in. Our room was in a great location. Quick access to Roaring Forks and the pool area. It overlooked the pond and we could see some of the fireworks and we were only on the 2nd floor - room 2016. I thought this was a perfect location!

Amy
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #567
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

I am 12 weeks away from our big trip, and now I find myself literally dreaming about the WL I woke up this morning with images fresh on my mind from having just passed through the WL lobby and headed toward the boat dock.
Yuup, Disney Obsession Syndrome has found me once again.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #568
morrismhs
Mouseketeer

We are two weeks away from our next trip back to WL. Just reading all the posts here to get me in the mood!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #569
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
I am 12 weeks away from our big trip, and now I find myself literally dreaming about the WL I woke up this morning with images fresh on my mind from having just passed through the WL lobby and headed toward the boat dock.
Yuup, Disney Obsession Syndrome has found me once again.
DH and I go for a walk every evening and the WL music is linked to my Nike+ app on my iPhone. The other evening I didn't bring my phone amd he insisted we go back to get it because our walk just would not be right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrismhs View Post
We are two weeks away from our next trip back to WL. Just reading all the posts here to get me in the mood!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #570
WDWKOOK

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: