Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #511
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
We were at the MNSSHP last year (I believe on the 21st) (I was Pharoah and my dear wife was Cleopatra) and people came and went all night. My recollection is that we left with the crowd and had to wait for the boat through one trip but it was a pleasant evening and everyone was in a great mood (and i had enough candy to tied me over) so the time went fast. Beware, you will fall in love with the lodge.
Welcome to the thread and I'd love to see your costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
My Disney friend saw one of my posts on here asking about WL CL & he told me it wasn't worth the $$? How is it great to your family?
I'll answer specifically regarding The Old Faithful Club and why we think it's worth the additional cost, but as mickeynut1 posted, worth is subjective.

~Being able to check-in on Club Level is very convenient and efficient. We never have to wait in line to check-in which is nice after a long drive. We just pull-up to the port cochere where we're warmly greeted by a CL Runner or Ranger who takes us right up to the 7th floor. (After I pause to take in the beauty of my favorite lobby). We can then immediately relax with a beverage and decompress in the lounge. It's such a great way to start your vacation.

~Knowing that our room will be on the top floor, and thus far, always having our room location request met.

~The welcoming, efficient and friendly staff!

~Turn-down service is automatic. It's so nice returning to your room in the evening after turn-down.

~The beautiful lounge views down to the lobby and out to Bay Lake and the WL Courtyard.

~The convenience of breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts and (adult) beverages.

~Some use the IPO to book things for them. I do my own ADRs, but like knowing that the IPO is just an email away if I have a question, want to book a tour or need to confirm something.

~If we need something or if something needs attention in our room, the CL staff are just a phone call away from 7 AM - 10 PM. Unlike a non-CL room, when you are staying CL, your call actually goes right to a CL CM on the 7th floor and not to a call center somewhere else in FL.

~The OFC lounge is always neat and tidy and we've always been able to find a table.

~The 7th floor only has around 50 rooms (and 25 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-6) so it has a very high ratio of CMs to guests which makes for a much less crowded atmosphere in general, and lounge area specifically. You always feel like you're getting personalized service and attention.

It's really not one specific thing, it's the entire Old Faithful Club experience, which begins right at check-in, that makes the OFC worth the additional cost. For us, it ends up only about $80 more per night than a Courtyard View room.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #512
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

This is our first visit to the WL and we'll be there in a few weeks! Just DH and I so what should we make sure we DO NOT MISS at the resort? We've chosen a courtyard view room and will be there for six nights. WDW veterans but first time at WL....
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #513
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
My Disney friend saw one of my posts on here asking about WL CL & he told me it wasn't worth the $$? How is it great to your family?
DS is a 17 yr old 5'10", 125# XC runner and you can only imagine how important food (aka fuel) is to him. The thought of buying (and waiting for) breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, (lite) dinner, snack, dessert and dessert (and water, beer, wine, juice) daily is way more than the extra $75/night over a bunk bed/court yard view. Always knowing some type of healthy choice of food is available as soon as he wakes up or exits the elevator is very nice.

Add to all that only 50ish rooms in the CL floor, a lounge that is stocked, clean, separate area for tables to lounge at while enjoying the incredible view...Well, it has become a no brainer.

Oh, the things we do for our kids!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #514
Hook326
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post

If you stay until the close of MNSSHP crowds won't be much of a factor. Lots of people bail out after Hallowishes and/or the second running of the parade. At closing there is not a mass exodus like you might see after fireworks or a parade on a normal MK night.
WL is so close and transportation so convenient that it is quite possible you would be back at WL before the POR bus shows up. I have only taken teh boat from MK to WL, but everyone seems to agree that the WL bus is even faster than the boat. So it looks like there are two quick and convenient options.
I don't know how to multi quote so thank you to everyone for your responses! Just the answers i was hoping for! I really want to stay here and hopefully there will be a room discount coming out soon for my night. I missed the current one by a day I need Sept 29th! Crossing my fingers, otherwise we'll be at a moderate again.
200?-Pop Century
August 2006-ASMovies
February 2009-ASMusic-1st trip with DS#1
September 2010-CBR
November 2011-POFQ-3rd trip with DS #1 & 1st trip with DS#2! Saw the World at Christmastime
November 2012-POFQ
September 2013-1st DCL trip & MNSSHP
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #515
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
This is our first visit to the WL and we'll be there in a few weeks! Just DH and I so what should we make sure we DO NOT MISS at the resort? We've chosen a courtyard view room and will be there for six nights. WDW veterans but first time at WL....
Welcome! With a CV room, make sure that you've requested INNER or WL CV so that your room will face toward the WL Courtyard, geyser, pool and Bay Lake instead of the VWL Courtyard. Unless of course you'd rather face toward VWL which doesn't have the afternoon pool party. Also, some of the 6th floor rooms have an enclosed balcony. If you want to ensure you don't, you can also request to be on the 5th floor (or lower).

If you've never stayed at WL you're in for a wonderful surprise when you step into the lobby. Even if you have stayed at WL or VWL before, there is a wonderful free Lodge Tour on Wed - Sat that meets at 0900 in front of the lobby fireplace. Here is a link to a review and some other great suggestions for getting acquainted with the Lodge:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/02...derness-lodge/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook326 View Post
I don't know how to multi quote so thank you to everyone for your responses! Just the answers i was hoping for! I really want to stay here and hopefully there will be a room discount coming out soon for my night. I missed the current one by a day I need Sept 29th! Crossing my fingers, otherwise we'll be at a moderate again.
Welcome and I hope you get to book with a discount soon

To multi-quote just click the middle icon with the quotation mark for each post you want to quote. It's in the bottom/right of each post in the thread. After you do that, at the top and bottom of the posting page, where you see all your multi-quotes, there is a "post reply" icon, click one blue "post reply" icon and all your posts will magically appear for you to reply to. When you're done, just click "submit reply" as you normally would.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #516
Hook326
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Welcome and I hope you get to book with a discount soon

To multi-quote just click the middle icon with the quotation mark for each post you want to quote. It's in the bottom/right of each post in the thread. After you do that, at the top and bottom of the posting page, where you see all your multi-quotes, there is a "post reply" icon, click one blue "post reply" icon and all your posts will magically appear for you to reply to. When you're done, just click "submit reply" as you normally would.
Thank you for the directions on how to multi-quote! I think the problem may be I'm on the Disboard app on my iPad and it doesn't have those options you said though I'll try it when I'm on the regular site though with my computer!
200?-Pop Century
August 2006-ASMovies
February 2009-ASMusic-1st trip with DS#1
September 2010-CBR
November 2011-POFQ-3rd trip with DS #1 & 1st trip with DS#2! Saw the World at Christmastime
November 2012-POFQ
September 2013-1st DCL trip & MNSSHP
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #517
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook326 View Post

Thank you for the directions on how to multi-quote! I think the problem may be I'm on the Disboard app on my iPad and it doesn't have those options you said though I'll try it when I'm on the regular site though with my computer!
You're not alone. I couldn't multi-quote from the app for the longest time, and still can't through the normal app interface. The way I found to do it is to click on the thread title at the top of the screen in the app, which opens what looks like the regular website but within the app. From there you can get to the multi quote buttons.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #518
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
You're not alone. I couldn't multi-quote from the app for the longest time, and still can't through the normal app interface. The way I found to do it is to click on the thread title at the top of the screen in the app, which opens what looks like the regular website but within the app. From there you can get to the multi quote buttons.
Great suggestion. I don't like the DIS app for my iOS devices either, so I always log-on via the "regular" site. I find the app too limiting.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #519
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Great suggestion. I don't like the DIS app for my iOS devices either, so I always log-on via the "regular" site. I find the app too limiting.
Yeah, I really like the app for reading (especially the way it lists all participated threads) but usually prefer the site for posting. I didn't know that you could access the full site from the app for a long time.

I just noticed KOOK that your countdown is exactly half of ours as of today! Both trips are really getting close. We're at 72 days!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #520
Whyowhy116
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I didn't know that you could access the full site from the app for a long time.

I
Wait. Whattttt??? You can access the full site from the app? How? Where?? I always use iPad app because it's a pleasure to read the boards in this format- but it would be nice to have all the features of the full site! Please tell!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #521
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyowhy116 View Post
Wait. Whattttt??? You can access the full site from the app? How? Where?? I always use iPad app because it's a pleasure to read the boards in this format- but it would be nice to have all the features of the full site! Please tell!
I just bookmark the URL for the Resorts Forum instead of using the app or you could obviously bookmark any DIS forum URL, and go to it that way. I find it much easier to post that way:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

This is what Paul just posted on how to do it from the app:

Quote:
The way I found to do it is to click on the thread title at the top of the screen in the app, which opens what looks like the regular website but within the app. From there you can get to the multi quote buttons.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #522
Whyowhy116
Earning My Ears

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #523
gamecock
Earning My Ears

First time WL questions

We are coming to WL on Sept. 20, but we are driving down to WDW on Sept. 19 and will be staying offsite that night with check in at WL on Sept. 20, and I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer.
1. Does anyone know what a good hotel near WDW for 1 night is? we just need somewhere clean to sleep (arriving late)
2. Can we check in early enough to make MK rope drop? I know the room will not be available, but we will need to get our KTTW card / magicband / secret decoder ring (maybe even a dna sample or two).
3. We have a woods view room, and I was wondering what room requests I should make if we want to face MK, and possible get a castle view? i.e what direction and what floors?

Oh yea, it is me, my DW and 2 DDS 7 & 2 at time of travel.
Thank you in advance for everyones responses and knowledge.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #524
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
3. We have a woods view room, and I was wondering what room requests I should make if we want to face MK, and possible get a castle view? i.e what direction and what floors?
We had a view of the castle from our Woods view room. It was in the north wing and it was on the 6th floor. Our daughter also had a room on the same floor and had a perfect view of the castle and the Wishes fireworks.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #525
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
We are coming to WL on Sept. 20, but we are driving down to WDW on Sept. 19 and will be staying offsite that night with check in at WL on Sept. 20, and I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer.
1. Does anyone know what a good hotel near WDW for 1 night is? we just need somewhere clean to sleep (arriving late)
2. Can we check in early enough to make MK rope drop? I know the room will not be available, but we will need to get our KTTW card / magicband / secret decoder ring (maybe even a dna sample or two).

Oh yea, it is me, my DW and 2 DDS 7 & 2 at time of travel.
Thank you in advance for everyones responses and knowledge.
1. Before my plans changed I was considering a night at a Doubletree Inn near DtD. http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...HDT/index.html
We stayed there for a night 5-6 years ago and it served the purpose well. It was clean, affordable, and close to WDW. There are probably even cheaper options out on 192.

2. I would think you could conceivably check in that early but it would be tight getting around that time of day. Just a guess.

3. I am a WL first-timer too (also booked a WV room). Someone advised me to ask for a castle view or monorail view when I booked the room. I think what you are looking for is something in the north tower on an upper floor. Best of luck with getting the view! I know I can hardly wait to see how it works out for me and my family
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: