Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #496
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoprincesses View Post
Hello! My family will be taking our first family vacation to DW December 4-9. It will be me (32), DH (turning 36 our first day!), DD#1 (turning five during our stay!), and DD#2 (almost 3). I have been planning this trip for almost a year already, as it is a surprise trip for our daughters (especially our oldest since she is celebrating her birthday). DH has only visited the parks once when he was a child, and I haven't been in nearly 15 years. Needless to say, we are so excited!

Originally we were staying in CR, but when we had to shift our travel days back by two days, the only room left was Theme Park view. While that would be wonderful, we realized we could save over $1100 from that theme park view room to a woods view room at WL. I have read that WL is gorgeous during Christmas, so even though the rooms aren't necessarily our style, we are excited to make the switch.
You are going to love the WL . We've never stayed at the CR, but have had 2 stays at the WL and it is an amazing resort. It is beautiful anytime of year, but especially so during the holidays . Happy planning.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #497
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Got bored waiting while picking up DD today so I looked at some recent Tripadvisor reviews and this one made me nod my head in agreement:

Our FAVOURITE Disney Hotel!!! Highly reccomend!!
Jun 1, 2013 John K

We stay at Wilderness Lodge as frequently as we can! The service is second to none! Everyone should experience the Club level floor at least once. The staff is top-notch! Randy, the Concierge Mgr, makes you feel like you are 'one of the family'. We will stay nowhere else!

SNIP...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #498
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A little orange bird brings me here.....July 20-25th WL CL...

FINAL CHANGE
I left the nest vacant for your return. Glad you were able to swing back full circle to WL

Quote:
Hello! My family will be taking our first family vacation to DW December 4-9. It will be me (32), DH (turning 36 our first day!), DD#1 (turning five during our stay!), and DD#2 (almost 3). I have been planning this trip for almost a year already, as it is a surprise trip for our daughters (especially our oldest since she is celebrating her birthday). DH has only visited the parks once when he was a child, and I haven't been in nearly 15 years. Needless to say, we are so excited!

Originally we were staying in CR, but when we had to shift our travel days back by two days, the only room left was Theme Park view. While that would be wonderful, we realized we could save over $1100 from that theme park view room to a woods view room at WL. I have read that WL is gorgeous during Christmas, so even though the rooms aren't necessarily our style, we are excited to make the switch.

I know I have a lot of research to do on WL (since I have spent the last year researching CR!), but could anyone please tell me what are the best rooms to request in the woods view category at WL? We would like to stay in a quieter section if that exists since my girls will probably nap in the afternoon. And a beautiful view wouldn't hurt either

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all of you!
momtoprincesses! Woods View is a great choice for a quieter location than Courtyard View. A CV is the best view, IMHO, however, you will hear a bit of the afternoon pool party PA and music from the inner CV rooms. You can even see some of Wishes, CR and Castle from higher WV floors. These rooms are in the North Wing. Some of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings that you need to stand to look out over. The 5th floor and lower do not have solid railings.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I think you'll love WL and you might even love the rooms. They were all rehabbed less than one year ago. And, although you won't have the walkway to the MK, you will have both a boat and a non-stop bus

ETA: Don't forget to have your birthdays noted in your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Don't mind me.... Just a page two rescue

You win our Thread-Saver of the Day award

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-22-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #499
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I left the nest vacant for your return. Glad you were able to swing back full circle to WL
DH keeps saying we don't need CL....uhhh yeah we do Happy to be back, and SO excited!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #500
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

I'm just popping in to say that I am patiently waiting to book WL for our January trip since Disney has not yet released it's official prices. Hoping they release 2014 rates soon!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #501
auprincess
DIS Veteran

After lots of discussion, I think my family is going to be staying at WL in March! I am so excited - we stayed in 2010 and had a wonderful time, loved the resort! Originally we were planning our 2014 trip for June, so WL was out since we would be an official Disney family of 5, but now that we moved our dates up our youngest will still be 2. I'm a little worried bc the only thing DH did not like was the room size, too small for him. I was fine with it. Our next trip we will have 5 (vs 4) but we won't have a double stroller and almost positive we won't need a pack and play either. can anyone tell me if they felt too cramped with 5 in a standard room? Does a bunk room feel more spacious? Also, we made no requests last time - the room was nice but kind of far off, suggestions of what to request to be a little closer?
April 2012 Polynesion

Last edited by auprincess; 06-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #502
momtoprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK;48751221

:welcome: [B
momtoprincesses[/B]! Woods View is a great choice for a quieter location than Courtyard View. A CV is the best view, IMHO, however, you will hear a bit of the afternoon pool party PA and music from the inner CV rooms. You can even see some of Wishes, CR and Castle from higher WV floors. These rooms are in the North Wing. Some of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings that you need to stand to look out over. The 5th floor and lower do not have solid railings.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I think you'll love WL and you might even love the rooms. They were all rehabbed less than one year ago. And, although you won't have the walkway to the MK, you will have both a boat and a non-stop bus

ETA: Don't forget to have your birthdays noted in your reservation.

Thanks for this info! It is good to know that my category is naturally the quieter choice. And I would LOVE to have a view of the castle from the balcony. Now that would be a birthday treat!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #503
WDWKOOK

Quote:
DH keeps saying we don't need CL....uhhh yeah we do Happy to be back, and SO excited!!!!!!!!!!
If our DHs got together, they could negate each other's requests. Mine decided on vacation that 'we' really just had to have CL. (I think the fact that we were in a 900 SF suite had something to do with that and the fact that he often prefers being 'left behind' while DD and I run around.) He didn't get the chance to go with us to try Atrium Club and he loves CR so I kept calling WDTC for availability, but no dice. On vacation, WL/CL was available so he insisted I change it. I'm sure Brian will greatly appreciate having his "snack room" and all the wonderful CMs and great view of the lobby and Bay Lake. But, if you're booking two rooms, you could book his w/o CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I'm just popping in to say that I am patiently waiting to book WL for our January trip since Disney has not yet released it's official prices. Hoping they release 2014 rates soon!
You can still book now and prices will revert after they are released. Let us know when it's official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
After lots of discussion, I think my family is going to be staying at WL in March! I am so excited - we stayed in 2010 and had a wonderful time, loved the resort! Originally we were palming our 2014 trip for June, so WL was out since we would be an official Disney family of 5, but now that we moved our dates up our youngest will still be 2. I'm a little worried bc the only thing DH did not like was e room size, too small for him. I was fond with it. Or next trip we will have 5 (vs 4) but we won't have a foible stroller and almost positive we won't need a pack and play either. Can anyone tell me if they felt too cramped with 5 in a standard room? Does a bunked room feel more spacious? Also, we made no requests last time - the room was fence but kind of far off, suggestions of what to request to be a little closer?
Yay for March! We're only a family of 3 so I can't comment on 5, but it would be snug. The Deluxe rooms offer more space, but they are seldom if ever discounted, in my experience. I would book a bunk as those do have more empty space since there is one less queen bed. When you know what category/view you're booking, we can better help with requests. Have fun planning!

Quote:
Thanks for this info! It is good to know that my category is naturally the quieter choice. And I would LOVE to have a view of the castle from the balcony. Now that would be a birthday treat!
You're welcome!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #504
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Page 2?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #505
Hook326
Mouseketeer

We will be headed to WDW for one day/night after our cruise. We will be doing MNSSHP & I was thinking WL might be a cheaper (but still close to MK) alternative to staying at the Contemporary. We want to maximize our short time there by being nearby & no long bus waits/drives after the party. We've never stayed deluxe and are wondering if after a party it really will be significantly quicker to get to WL by bus or boat vs POR/FQ. We've never been to a party so i dont know how many people are exiting at close. Thanks for any help!
200?-Pop Century
August 2006-ASMovies
February 2009-ASMusic-1st trip with DS#1
September 2010-CBR
November 2011-POFQ-3rd trip with DS #1 & 1st trip with DS#2! Saw the World at Christmastime
November 2012-POFQ
September 2013-1st DCL trip & MNSSHP
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #506
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook326 View Post
We will be headed to WDW for one day/night after our cruise. We will be doing MNSSHP & I was thinking WL might be a cheaper (but still close to MK) alternative to staying at the Contemporary. We want to maximize our short time there by being nearby & no long bus waits/drives after the party. We've never stayed deluxe and are wondering if after a party it really will be significantly quicker to get to WL by bus or boat vs POR/FQ. We've never been to a party so i dont know how many people are exiting at close. Thanks for any help!
Yes, it is significantly quicker to get back to WL from MK than to go to FOR/FOFQ. The boat dock is right outside the MK gate, closer to the gate than the buses or monorail are. The boat ride is about ten minutes long. There is also a bus to WL, which is a five minute ride. The WL bus comes very frequently and will not be crowded. Both are really convenient.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #507
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We were at the MNSSHP last year (I believe on the 21st) (I was Pharoah and my dear wife was Cleopatra) and people came and went all night. My recollection is that we left with the crowd and had to wait for the boat through one trip but it was a pleasant evening and everyone was in a great mood (and i had enough candy to tied me over) so the time went fast. Beware, you will fall in love with the lodge.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #508
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

My Disney friend saw one of my posts on here asking about WL CL & he told me it wasn't worth the $$? How is it great to your family?

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #509
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you need CL (especially at the WL since it's so amazing ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I'm waiting with you....the 2014 rates can't come out too soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
After lots of discussion, I think my family is going to be staying at WL in March! I am so excited - we stayed in 2010 and had a wonderful time, loved the resort! Originally we were planning our 2014 trip for June, so WL was out since we would be an official Disney family of 5, but now that we moved our dates up our youngest will still be 2. I'm a little worried bc the only thing DH did not like was the room size, too small for him. I was fine with it. Our next trip we will have 5 (vs 4) but we won't have a double stroller and almost positive we won't need a pack and play either. can anyone tell me if they felt too cramped with 5 in a standard room? Does a bunk room feel more spacious? Also, we made no requests last time - the room was nice but kind of far off, suggestions of what to request to be a little closer?
We are a family of 4 so I can't comment on having 5 in the room, but we have had 2 stays at the WL with one of those stays in a bb room and I agree with WDWKOOK. A regular room would be a little cramped (although doable), but getting a bb room would provide a little more space without the 2nd queen, so I would consider booking that over a 2 queen room .

Quote:
I agree with Wood Nymph that it would be quicker getting back to the WL after the party than to POR/POFQ. The boat will take a little longer than the bus, but both are convenient .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
My Disney friend saw one of my posts on here asking about WL CL & he told me it wasn't worth the $$? How is it great to your family?
Worth is subjective as it's different for everyone, but we think CL is worth every penny. We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, we choose it more for the lounge rather than for the snacks and drinks. The food offerings are nice to have, but we love having the lounge for some place to go and relax other than sitting somewhere else around the resort or in our room. With that said, WL CL is one of our favorites and for us, it's well worth the extra expense .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #510
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
If you stay until the close of MNSSHP crowds won't be much of a factor. Lots of people bail out after Hallowishes and/or the second running of the parade. At closing there is not a mass exodus like you might see after fireworks or a parade on a normal MK night.
WL is so close and transportation so convenient that it is quite possible you would be back at WL before the POR bus shows up. I have only taken teh boat from MK to WL, but everyone seems to agree that the WL bus is even faster than the boat. So it looks like there are two quick and convenient options.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: