Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #436
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer
 
fd1972uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 438

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

Unfortunately not guests at WL, but planning to visit WL to take in Chip and Dale's Campfire Night.

Was wondering what time this starts in the summer season? (we leave at the end of this month).

The plan was a visit to Epcot and we were originally going to go for dinner at Coral Sea (5.30pm Booking) and then head straight over to WL to take in the campfire night.

Can anyone advise of the normal start time for this activity in the summer?


TIA


FD
__________________
WDW Orlando:- August 1998
WDW Orlando:- August 2000
DLP:- June 2009
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #437
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

Unfortunately not guests at WL, but planning to visit WL to take in Chip and Dale's Campfire Night.

Was wondering what time this starts in the summer season? (we leave at the end of this month).

The plan was a visit to Epcot and we were originally going to go for dinner at Coral Sea (5.30pm Booking) and then head straight over to WL to take in the campfire night.

Can anyone advise of the normal start time for this activity in the summer?


TIA


FD
Hello,

The Chip and Dale's campfire event is at Fort Wilderness, the campground area next door to WL, a separate resort but in the same neighborhood. FW has its own boat stop if you're coming from MK, WL, or the CR. The campfires are in the middle of FW, so you'd take an internal FW bus to get there. From Epcot you could take a Fort Wilderness bus then transfer to an internal FW bus to get to the campfire area.

I believe they start about 8:00, but you can find the schedule for particular days on the Disney website here.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #438
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer
 
fd1972uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 438

Thanks for that.


FD
__________________
WDW Orlando:- August 1998
WDW Orlando:- August 2000
DLP:- June 2009
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #439
mum2four
DIS Veteran
 
mum2four's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 592

So excited to be staying at WL for the first time in January! Quick question - is there a self serve cappuccino machine in Roaring Fork? If so, can we use the refillable mugs with that, or is it a separate purchase? Thanks!
__________________
Me DH DS DS DD DD
mum2four is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #440
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran
 
LovinPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,284

Can you pretty much see bay lake from all the courtyard view rooms?
I would love to see the water from my balcony...
LovinPooh is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #441
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Can you pretty much see bay lake from all the courtyard view rooms?
I would love to see the water from my balcony...
One thing to be careful of here: there are "Villas" courtyard view rooms that are on the south side of the South wing and don't look toward Bay Lake.

Requesting "Inner Courtyard" should ensure that you are overlooking the main pool and you will therefore have at least a partial view of Bay Lake.

Seeing the lake from your balcony is awesome.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #442
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran
 
LovinPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,284

Wonderful! Thank you!
LovinPooh is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #443
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Here is something my wife made for our daughter for our upcoming trip. We promised Kook we would share pictures of it here:





She found the embroidery pattern online from misskenziemac.com and we knew we had to have it. Then the challenge was coming up with fabric and a pattern to fit it. I like how it turned out, and so does Allie.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #444
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,550

Oh.my.word. Is she not the cutest little thing ever?!?!?!?! What an adorable dress for an adorable little girl!!!

Do you think I could make my 16 year old dd wear one? No.. probably not.

That's just a lovely picture
__________________
pigletto is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #445
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto
Do you think I could make my 16 year old dd wear one? No.. probably not.

That's just a lovely picture
That might look more like this:


Thank you for the comments.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #446
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !
 
Zippa D Doodah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Radiator Springs, NC
Posts: 15,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
That might look more like this:


Thank you for the comments.
Say, that's the face I usually make when it is time to leave WDW and go home.
Zippa D Doodah is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #447
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Here is something my wife made for our daughter for our upcoming trip. We promised Kook we would share pictures of it here:





She found the embroidery pattern online from misskenziemac.com and we knew we had to have it. Then the challenge was coming up with fabric and a pattern to fit it. I like how it turned out, and so does Allie.
Oh. My. Goodness! That us sooo adorable and simply perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
That might look more like this:


Thank you for the comments.
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is online now  
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #448
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
So excited to be staying at WL for the first time in January! Quick question - is there a self serve cappuccino machine in Roaring Fork? If so, can we use the refillable mugs with that, or is it a separate purchase? Thanks!
I don't remember there being a cappuccino machine at Roaring Fork. I know there is coffee and hot chocolate that are available for the mug refills, but I don't recall cappuccino. Anybody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Oh. My. Goodness! That us sooo adorable and simply perfect!!
Aww, thanks! No page 2 for this thread, I had to reply!
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #449
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Your very talented wife, Melissa, finished the dress! It looks sooo cute and Allie will be the talk of the Lodge! Don't forget to check out their great PTR with more amazing creations for Allie.

Umm, speaking of Lodge, even though I'm still on vacation, DH managed to get me to call daily to see if CL had become available. Today is our last day of vacation and also the day I was able to change our reservation to WL-CL! Just need a new ticker and a Log update to make it official
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #450
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer
 
disnmooner2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 491

For those who are interested below is a link to the start of my trip freport while staying at honeymoon room 7085 with club level at WL from 6/3-6/10 on our honeymoon. Also, an someone help tell me how to upload images. I tried using the insert image icon and copied in the url of the pictures I uploaded on FlickR but pictures not loading.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126102
__________________
JUNE 2013 HONEYMOON AT WILDERNESS LODGE HONEYMOON ROOM W/ CLUB LEVEL

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: