Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #421
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Thanks for the link, psac!
Love to read Josh's stuff! And skim down to the boat dock, etc, and how he refers to the surreys as "death machines"! Too funny! Love it!

Well, I changed my reservations, again!

We're talking no YC CL at all! Going to the WL CL directly! LOL!
After reading all about the Murphy's fiasco plus my yearning to go back to WDW's best kept CL "secret" , I HAD to make the change. But then again, you all understand, right?
Excellent!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #422
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Congratulations on getting a Bear Face room last time, and on planning your return to WL. There are Woods View rooms that open to the lobby. According to the map on the third post of this thread, the ones on floor 5 and 6 above the registration desk are Woods View. We had one of these last time and loved it. Here is our balcony view:

The same location on the 4th floor is considered Standard View. There are also Woods View ones on the North side over WCC on the 4th floor or higher. The balcony views definitely aren't as cool as with a bear face room, but we love having the lobby view out the other end of the room.
Thank you so much! I will look over the map on the third post as well. Yes there was something cool about overlooking the beautiful lobby. Don't want to give that up but wanting to save a little on our room this time (so we can spend it other ways! LOL) I'm going to try to make a decision today. I'll come back and update. Thanks again!! (and yes we totally got lucky on the bear faced rooms last time!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #423
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Here is the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48194450
The thread says the same think mickeynut said. Apparently, it used to be a request back in the day, but at some point they made it a separate bookable category. I think they probably recategorized some rooms. BC used to have standard, water views, cl, and now they have standard, GV, WV, CL, etc. The thread also says that there are standard bunk bed rooms, but they are CL and for those CL Standard you can request bunk beds.

So it seems the website is wrong, but it is true that many things on the website are indeed wrong. I have stayed in a BC room that did not have a daybed, so I know that all the BC rooms don't have daybeds (unlike what the website says).
Thanks for the info. It stinks that the website is wrong. I would have just booked one of the BB rooms, but we got a deal with a TA and the only rooms on the deal were standard view. I think I will ask at check in if a BB room is available and what the cost is to change. It isn't a catastrophe if we don't get a BB room, but I would prefer not to share a bed with my DD. She is a bed hog! We check in on Wednesday!

Amy
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #424
princesslover
DIS Veteran

A couple of questions re: bunkbed rooms w/courtyard view

Hi all,

I just made our reservations for WL for December 4-11 (Wednesday to Wednesday).

While we were not planning on requesting bunkbed rooms, the reservation agent I spoke with said that was all they had available for both woods view and courtyard view. I thought that was unusual this far out, but perhaps people really are booking at 180 days now? We decided to go ahead and pay the extra for the bunkbeds...I think my girls will love them and it's probably for the best they don't sleep together at 6 and 10 years of age. We ended up choosing courtyard view.

Do you think that it was because we are arriving mid week that our choices were limited? We ended up choosing a Wednesday arrival due to the flights being cheaper, but I am wondering if that throws everything off in terms of room availability.

Second question: we put in a request to face the lobby. I know there are only select courtyard view rooms that face the lobby. Does anyone know if any of those rooms are BB rooms? Is there a place somewhere that I can see the room numbers that are BB rooms, or is that way too detailed of a question to ask? (says the uber planner in me!)

Thanks! Either way, I am so excited right now I can barely contain myself!!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #425
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Are the bear faced rooms considered courtyard view?
The one thing i am nervous about with wl is my view lol!
I want to be close to roaring forks and see bay lake or main pool..
Sounds like bear faced is perfect... is that what you put in a request for?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #426
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Are the bear faced rooms considered courtyard view?
The one thing i am nervous about with wl is my view lol!
I want to be close to roaring forks and see bay lake or main pool..
Sounds like bear faced is perfect... is that what you put in a request for?
Yes, the "Bear Face" rooms are courtyard view. There are relatively few of them though compared to all of the other inner courtyard view rooms. To request them, it would be safest to use "inner courtyard, open to lobby" since bear face is an unofficial term.

Don't worry too much about view or location. WL is small enough that you can't go too wrong, and lots of the views are beautiful. Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #427
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslover View Post
Hi all,

While we were not planning on requesting bunkbed rooms, the reservation agent I spoke with said that was all they had available for both woods view and courtyard view. I thought that was unusual this far out, but perhaps people really are booking at 180 days now? We decided to go ahead and pay the extra for the bunkbeds...I think my girls will love them and it's probably for the best they don't sleep together at 6 and 10 years of age. We ended up choosing courtyard view.

Do you think that it was because we are arriving mid week that our choices were limited? We ended up choosing a Wednesday arrival due to the flights being cheaper, but I am wondering if that throws everything off in terms of room availability.

Second question: we put in a request to face the lobby. I know there are only select courtyard view rooms that face the lobby. Does anyone know if any of those rooms are BB rooms? Is there a place somewhere that I can see the room numbers that are BB rooms, or is that way too detailed of a question to ask? (says the uber planner in me!)

Thanks! Either way, I am so excited right now I can barely contain myself!!
I think your girls will love the bunk beds. We used to sleep in bunk beds when we went to my grandmother's cabin in the woods, and we loved them when we were kids. I've seen a map with room numbers but not with the bunk beds marked on it.

I really don't know why your dates would be booked up like that, but I'm sure that part of it is because the WL is really popular at Christmas time.

We'll be at the WL the first week of December and a couple of our days will overlap.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #428
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Happy Father's Day to our Lodge Dads!

Thanks for keeping the thread off page two in my absence and for answering questions

So far, these are the only photos from my vacation that even remotely relate to WL. I added the sombrero for that festive touch.

Not related to WL, but is available at WL, without the sombrero
Old 06-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #429
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Not related to WL, but is available at WL, without the sombrero
Salute, Kook!!
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #430
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I think your girls will love the bunk beds. We used to sleep in bunk beds when we went to my grandmother's cabin in the woods, and we loved them when we were kids. I've seen a map with room numbers but not with the bunk beds marked on it.

I really don't know why your dates would be booked up like that, but I'm sure that part of it is because the WL is really popular at Christmas time.

We'll be at the WL the first week of December and a couple of our days will overlap.
I think they will love them too. Actually, it is kind of a blessing in disguise that those were our only options, because in hindsight, I think it is going to be the best for us. I'm just curious if this will narrow down our room choices/views a lot.

I requested inner courtyard facing lobby (had it last time, but totally do not expect to get it again!) and if that is not possible, a good view of bay lake. We'll see what happens!

Fun that we will "cross paths" while there.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #431
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

We arrived Saturday at 11:00 am. Our room was ready. Inner Courtyard on the 5th floor, just as requested. Very comfortable, love the boat transportation for Magic Kingdom.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #432
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

One Week!

Down to one week before our trip!

It's hard to believe that we've spent more than a year doing research and planning. You all on this board have proven to be such a valuable resource to us! Thank you!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #433
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post

It's hard to believe that we've spent more than a year doing research and planning. You all on this board have proven to be such a valuable resource to us! Thank you!
I am so jealous!!!!!!!! Our trip is coming up and I can't wait to go too!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #434
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslover View Post
Hi all,

I agree with the others that I think your girls will love the bunk beds . We had a courtyard view room with BB when our DSs were younger and then loved them.

Quote:

How exciting.....have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Have a great time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #435
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegales View Post
We arrived Saturday at 11:00 am. Our room was ready. Inner Courtyard on the 5th floor, just as requested. Very comfortable, love the boat transportation for Magic Kingdom.
Yay!! Isn't the inner courtyard view beautiful!! I always manage to cat nap on the boat ride to MK. Not sure if that is beneficial...

Quote:

So fun to watch that ticket go down!!!. One week to go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Jealous!?!?! You'll be HOME lickity split!
We'll be home soon...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: