Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #391
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Hi all! I have not had the time to read the whole thread, but I am seriously considering a change in resorts, and I would appreciate your input. We're booked at CSR for July. Although we've enjoyed this resort in the past, and experienced great bus service, I've been reading many negative reports about very long transportation delays at CSR, etc. With that said, I'm getting that dreadful...'I think I made a big mistake' feeling in the pit of my stomach. For those of you who have stayed at WL recently, can you enlighten me about the transportation situation, or any other must knows about this resort.
Thanks in advance!

We stayed at the WL in February. There is a bus that goes directly from WL to MK, nonstop, that takes about 5 minutes. The buses to Epcot, HS and AK share with either GF or FW. In our experience, only the HS bus shared with GF. The other two park buses shared with FW. All three park buses had WL at its first stop, both coming and going. It was very convenient coming back from the park to be the first stop. Although, we didn't take the bus back from AK, so I'm not sure about that one.

The best part about the transportation options at WL is that there are two boat routes. One goes to MK directly, and is about a ten minute ride, very relaxing. We loved the boats. And the second boat travels a circuit between WL, Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. This was very convenient for going to CR to catch the monorail for ADR's at the Poly and GF. And it was very convenient for FW. The boat to the CR is very short, maybe five minutes long.

The resort is very compact, everything is under one roof. We really liked it.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #392
tollfree
Earning My Ears

Heading to the WL In Sept. This may be our first trip with an iPad. Not to use it in the parks, but in the room. Which leads to my question, will an iPad fit in the WL room safe?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #393
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollfree View Post
Heading to the WL In Sept. This may be our first trip with an iPad. Not to use it in the parks, but in the room. Which leads to my question, will an iPad fit in the WL room safe?

Yes, it will fix. I had no problems at all.

Laura

Last edited by snausman; 06-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #394
tollfree
Earning My Ears

Ok. Thanks!!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #395
snausman
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry, but we added a day to our stay, so we are now at the WL from July 3 to July 7th.

Laura
Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #396
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

A quick, silly little question for you all. We are staying in a 1BR villa - will it be very inconvenient to go to Roaring Fork to use a refillable mug if coming to and from the villas? I'm doing some number crunching in regards to the dining plan (which comes with the mug). But if it's a big hassle to get to the restaurant then we will probably not end up using the mug much, you know?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #397
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Bunk Beds

I am considering WL for our next trip because it looks so cozy! I have a question about room categories. I see in the room description that standard rooms are either 2 Queens, 1 King or 1 Queen and bunk. But then in the booking area, it says all standard rooms have 2 Queen beds. Does anyone have any info on how many standard rooms (if any) have 1 Queen and a bunk and any info about the view? I know it will be a parking lot view (doesn't bother me since we're going in the winter), but some of the standard views have dumpster views which are not very attractive. Trying to decide if to pay an extra $532 if we're probably not going to be out on the balcony much (at all?).

Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL
Oct 2013 - PBH
Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP)
Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP)
May-June 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP)
Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP)
Oct 2009 - BC (DDP)
May 2004 - RPR
April 1995 - AsMu (college trip)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #398
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
A quick, silly little question for you all. We are staying in a 1BR villa - will it be very inconvenient to go to Roaring Fork to use a refillable mug if coming to and from the villas? I'm doing some number crunching in regards to the dining plan (which comes with the mug). But if it's a big hassle to get to the restaurant then we will probably not end up using the mug much, you know?
We were in a studio once... It was a pain going to RF for refills... Basically across the whole resort and then some...

We used our mugs a lot more when we stayed in the regular lodge north wing...

Same for transportation, when in the villas, we used the buses more since it was right out the front... Boat dock for MK, again clear across the whole resort...

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #399
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I am considering WL for our next trip because it looks so cozy! I have a question about room categories. I see in the room description that standard rooms are either 2 Queens, 1 King or 1 Queen and bunk. But then in the booking area, it says all standard rooms have 2 Queen beds. Does anyone have any info on how many standard rooms (if any) have 1 Queen and a bunk and any info about the view? I know it will be a parking lot view (doesn't bother me since we're going in the winter), but some of the standard views have dumpster views which are not very attractive. Trying to decide if to pay an extra $532 if we're probably not going to be out on the balcony much (at all?).
Most standards views will have 2 queen beds. If you would like a king bed or a queen with bunk beds, then that would be a request. I don't know if there is any information on how many rooms have each type of bed arrangement.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #400
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We stayed at the WL in February. There is a bus that goes directly from WL to MK, nonstop, that takes about 5 minutes. The buses to Epcot, HS and AK share with either GF or FW. In our experience, only the HS bus shared with GF. The other two park buses shared with FW. All three park buses had WL at its first stop, both coming and going. It was very convenient coming back from the park to be the first stop. Although, we didn't take the bus back from AK, so I'm not sure about that one.

The best part about the transportation options at WL is that there are two boat routes. One goes to MK directly, and is about a ten minute ride, very relaxing. We loved the boats. And the second boat travels a circuit between WL, Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. This was very convenient for going to CR to catch the monorail for ADR's at the Poly and GF. And it was very convenient for FW. The boat to the CR is very short, maybe five minutes long.

The resort is very compact, everything is under one roof. We really liked it.
Thanks so much for the helpful information. Sounds like the transportation at WL would work well for us, and the boat sounds really nice!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #401
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
I was sort of concerned about adding that extra night after hearing someone else say they had an issue. Luckily I was able to call today and add that day without a problem. Now we are set to arrive 9/25 for five nights.

Yet another question... Does anyone have any insights about transportation to (gasp! ) Universal for a day? An old friend of mine now works there and I think we might luck into some comped tickets. I was planning to just drive over for a day, but now that we are flying I will need to arrange transportation. Is there a shuttle from anywhere on WDW property or is a cab my best bet? Any ideas about cost of either option?
That universal thread helped me tremendously for my first universal trip. We've used the Mears shuttle twice and plan o do it again for Sea World side trip in Dec. easy, convenient, and inexpensive or us. $18 RT each.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #402
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Still have to finish packing

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Josh posted a new entry about a visit to the Lodge and WCC lunch. A lot of good pics.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ew-merch-61113

Ps -- if you've never read his site before, he has a very snarky unique view on things (that might seem insulting if you're not used to it), but he is very much a big Disney fan!!
Thanks for the link - Josh is a hoot and I love that he doesn't portray everything at WDW as perfect all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Well, I changed my reservations, again!

We're talking no YC CL at all! Going to the WL CL directly! LOL!
After reading all about the Murphy's fiasco plus my yearning to go back to WDW's best kept CL "secret" , I HAD to make the change. But then again, you all understand, right?
A little Orange Bird whispered this to me yesterday, but I'm a day late here in saying YIPPEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I've never done club level at any resort, but from what I've read, WL looks like the best CL to get. As much as I love the BC/YC resorts, I would still pick CL at WL over their CLs.
There are a couple of CLs I've not yet tried, but thus far, the OFC has been the overall best CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Where do you find out about the CL amenities? Thanks!
Let us know if you have more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Hi all! I have not had the time to read the whole thread, but I am seriously considering a change in resorts, and I would appreciate your input. We're booked at CSR for July. Although we've enjoyed this resort in the past, and experienced great bus service, I've been reading many negative reports about very long transportation delays at CSR, etc. With that said, I'm getting that dreadful...'I think I made a big mistake' feeling in the pit of my stomach. For those of you who have stayed at WL recently, can you enlighten me about the transportation situation, or any other must knows about this resort.
Thanks in advance!
You sound like you might become an official Resort Changer. Just adding to Wood Nymph that you can also walk to FW where there are horses and more recreation or you can rent bikes at WL and bike around there, too. Also, there isn't a surcharge at Roaring Fork

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
I am so sorry, but we added a day to our stay, so we are now at the WL from July 3 to July 7th.

Laura
Don't be sorry! That's great and I updated the Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
There's a covered walkway from VWL to WL and from there it's a direct path into WL through the gorgeous lobby, then a turn right past Artist Point down a ramp right to RF. Once you're to the covered walkway that connects the two resorts, I'd say it's only about a 3 minute walk to RF. It's about like going from BLT to CR, but like BLT, the timing depends on where you're located within VWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #403
snausman
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK. thank you so much for changing it. Love this thread and love WL!

Laura
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #404
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK;48679309

You sound like you might become an official Resort Changer:thumbsup2. Just adding to [B
Wood Nymph[/B] that you can also walk to FW where there are horses and more recreation or you can rent bikes at WL and bike around there, too. Also, there isn't a surcharge at Roaring Fork

Yes, I'm about to take the resort changer plunge! This is good advice; never realized you could walk over to FW....and no surcharge at RF! Thanks so much!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #405
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf

We are just 10 days from our arrival at WL OFC! My kids enjoy mini-golf, and I was thinking about maybe going for a round on our non-park day. So, I've got a couple of questions.....

1. Has anyone golfed at Fantasia Gardens? If so, did you like it? My kids are 9 and 5. Would it be age appropriate for them?

2. How can I get from WL to Fantasia Gardens using Disney transportation? How long of a trip is it?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: