Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #376
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse09 View Post
I hope you have better luck than us. We were so excited when Air Tran's sale came out this week, which meant our family of FOUR could now FLY to Disney round trip for under $390!!!! We wanted to simply add an additional night to our vacation package (which includes free dining) and spend the day at the pool. Unfortunately they no longer have our room (standard) available with the offer. The only way we could change is to upgrade the room for the entire duration of the stay, which is so costly. Any chance you think more standard rooms will be released for the month of September?
I have booked Woods view. If I can't get into WL for that extra night for some reason I will just take a night at a value resort and play it that way
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #377
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post

Thanks. I just had mild curiosity about what might be a possible treat at FW. We have never been there so don't really have an idea
I've been there but never really explored. We took a bus through to get from Mickey's Backyard BBQ (which we hated, but that's another story) to the main bus stop. I didn't see much in the way of stores for treats, but I'm sure if you go on allears.net or look on a map you'll find some sort of treats store. It's not the type of resort where it's easy to find a convenient eatery.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #378
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Your thread hostess will be vacationing soon which means fewer posts for about a week - hold down the fort for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
We just got back yesterday from our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge in room 7085 (honeymoon room w/ club level). We loved being on club level and just loved everything about Wilderness Lodge. I am depressed and keep wishing I was back at Wilderness Lodge.
Looking forward to the addition of a TR to your PTR thread

Quote:
Here's some great news. I just found out that I will be adding a day to our stay! I found a great deal for flights on Southwest ($98 p/p roundtrip) so we will be flying instead of driving. Gotta get on the phone with Disney and book that extra night now... and and extra day in the parks... and an extra free meal.
That should help my surprise play out just fine. Only now the family will know we are staying at WL when we get to the airport and get into the WL queue at ME. The anticipation on the bus ride should be awesome. 104 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great! Does the WL ME line have other resorts listed on the sign like Poly and GF that would throw them off the trail? Or maybe you could tell them that you read about a little trick on the DISboards that if you take the WL bus, you can get over to FW faster and you're really staying there? This probably wouldn't work though seeing that all your ME tags will have WL on them

Quote:
Wonderful advice! Thank you, friends.
Your'e welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
please put me on the list

09/08 - 09/13
Consider it done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
GrandCalifornian & Wood Nymph - thank you so much! Very helpful!
ITA, they are always very helpful

Quote:
How long does it take to stroll over to Fort Wilderness from WL? The photos look so inviting! Also, is there a dairy bar or bakery at Fort Wilderness?
At a leisurely pace it's about a 10 - 15 minute walk to get to the first 'attraction' which is the Tri-Circle D Farm near Settlement Outpost where the ponies/stables are. From there you can quickly walk over to MBYBB, HDDR (Pioneer Hall), TE, the marina. The Settlement Trading Post across from TE and near the marina sells candies and treats. The Chuck Wagon is a Meadows Settlement area snack bar and they would have some cool treats. You'd need to take an internal bus to it or walk. You could rent bikes from WL, too, which would be lots of fun.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #379
psac
DIS Veteran

Josh posted a new entry about a visit to the Lodge and WCC lunch. A lot of good pics.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ew-merch-61113

Ps -- if you've never read his site before, he has a very snarky unique view on things (that might seem insulting if you're not used to it), but he is very much a big Disney fan!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #380
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Josh posted a new entry about a visit to the Lodge and WCC lunch. A lot of good pics.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ew-merch-61113

Ps -- if you've never read his site before, he has a very snarky unique view on things (that might seem insulting if you're not used to it), but he is very much a big Disney fan!!
Thanks for the link, psac!
Love to read Josh's stuff! And skim down to the boat dock, etc, and how he refers to the surreys as "death machines"! Too funny! Love it!

Well, I changed my reservations, again!

We're talking no YC CL at all! Going to the WL CL directly! LOL!
After reading all about the Murphy's fiasco plus my yearning to go back to WDW's best kept CL "secret" , I HAD to make the change. But then again, you all understand, right?

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #381
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post

Thanks for the link, psac!
Love to read Josh's stuff! And skim down to the boat dock, etc, and how he refers to the surreys as "death machines"! Too funny! Love it!

Well, I changed my reservations, again!

We're talking no YC CL at all! Going to the WL CL directly! LOL!
After reading all about the Murphy's fiasco plus my yearning to go back to WDW's best kept CL "secret" , I HAD to make the change. But then again, you all understand, right?
I've never done club level at any resort, but from what I've read, WL looks like the best CL to get. As much as I love the BC/YC resorts, I would still pick CL at WL over their CLs.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #382
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

I've never done club level at any resort, but from what I've read, WL looks like the best CL to get. As much as I love the BC/YC resorts, I would still pick CL at WL over their CLs.
Where do you find out about the CL amenities? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #383
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Here's a good way we afford CL. We dump every penny, nickel, dime and quarter, ie, ALL of our change, into a old coffee can every day we come home. Every month, it accrues around $100. That's around the difference of a standard and a CL room. So, depending on how long you want to stay and how much change you put into the can, you can ge those CL rooms pretty darn quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Where do you find out about the CL amenities? Thanks!
Kook has a nice write-up on the first page on this thread!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #384
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post

Here's a good way we afford CL. We dump every penny, nickel, dime and quarter, ie, ALL of our change, into a old coffee can every day we come home. Every month, it accrues around $100. That's around the difference of a standard and a CL room. So, depending on how long you want to stay and how much change you put into the can, you can ge those CL rooms pretty darn quick!

Kook has a nice write-up on the first page on this thread!
Thank you!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #385
Zippa D Doodah

I was sort of concerned about adding that extra night after hearing someone else say they had an issue. Luckily I was able to call today and add that day without a problem. Now we are set to arrive 9/25 for five nights.

Yet another question... Does anyone have any insights about transportation to (gasp! ) Universal for a day? An old friend of mine now works there and I think we might luck into some comped tickets. I was planning to just drive over for a day, but now that we are flying I will need to arrange transportation. Is there a shuttle from anywhere on WDW property or is a cab my best bet? Any ideas about cost of either option?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #386
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was sort of concerned about adding that extra night after hearing someone else say they had an issue. Luckily I was able to call today and add that day without a problem. Now we are set to arrive 9/25 for five nights.
That's great. Are you going to get free dining?

Quote:
Yet another question... Does anyone have any insights about transportation to (gasp! ) Universal for a day? An old friend of mine now works there and I think we might luck into some comped tickets. I was planning to just drive over for a day, but now that we are flying I will need to arrange transportation. Is there a shuttle from anywhere on WDW property or is a cab my best bet? Any ideas about cost of either option?
You might try asking that question on the Transportation boards. Here is a thread dedicated to it:

Transportation to US/IoA

I don't know how updated it is, though. You may want to check out the most recent posts. I know you can rent a car for a day over at the Dolphin Hotel in the Epcot resort area.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #387
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We just returned from the WL and traveled to Universal for an afternoon at City Walk. We just took a cab. It cost about $50 each way, which was a lot for us. However, it was much easier than taking the Mears shuttle. For the Mears shuttle (which we have done before), you need to call in advance to schedule a pick up time from your resort. Also, if I remember correctly, there are only certain times to pick up the shuttle at Universal to return to WDW. Plus, we had to stop at four other locations after being picked up at our resort (BC, in this case) before we were really even on our way to Universal. I found the cab to work out great this time. Even though it was $50 each way, it was much more convenient!

Hope that helps!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 06-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #388
Zippa D Doodah

Quote:
That's great. Are you going to get free dining?
Yessssssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
We just returned from the WL and traveled to Universal for an afternoon at City Walk. We just took a cab. It cost about $50 each way, which was a lot for us. However, it was much easier than taking the Mears shuttle. For the Mears shuttle (which we have done before), you need to call in advance to schedule a pick up time from your resort. Also, if I remember correctly, there are only certain times to pick up the shuttle at Universal to return to WDW. Plus, we had to stop at four other locations after being picked up at our resort (BC, in this case) before we were really even on our way to Universal. I found the cab to work out great this time. Even though it was $50 each way, it was much more convenient!

Hope that helps!
$100 sounds like it might be a reasonable investment for the day. Thanks. I will research in case we do indeed wind up going to UO for a day.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #389
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Yessssssssss!
Awesome! Love the animay!

Old 06-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #390
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I have not had the time to read the whole thread, but I am seriously considering a change in resorts, and I would appreciate your input. We're booked at CSR for July. Although we've enjoyed this resort in the past, and experienced great bus service, I've been reading many negative reports about very long transportation delays at CSR, etc. With that said, I'm getting that dreadful...'I think I made a big mistake' feeling in the pit of my stomach. For those of you who have stayed at WL recently, can you enlighten me about the transportation situation, or any other must knows about this resort.
Thanks in advance!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: