Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #346
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!

So sorry I haven't updated you all for a while. We have been very busy this trip. We are currently in the WL lobby waiting for our ME pickup.

We had such a wonderful time and loved the WL! Our room was 2107, right by the mercantile. It was the first room off the lobby. It was a great location; very convenient and close to transportation. However, it was a very noisy location. Since it is the first room off the lobby, e heard kids constantly running up and down the halls until late at night, and some very rowdy adults too. I was going to ask to switch locations just to have a bit more quiet, but it really ended up being totally fine. We were so tired after long days in the parks that I was able to fall asleep anyway!!!

We didn't have the best weather at all. It rained quite a bit since our arrival last Tuesday.

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- CR Nov. '15- GF
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #347
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Oops sorry I hit send to early on my last post!!!

To continue...the rain did not stop us from doing everything we wanted. Crowds have definitely picked up as our trip went on.

We had such a wonderful trip...now it's back to Boston. Can't wait to be back at WDW in August!!!

Does anyone have any questions I could answer? Thank you all again for all of the WL knowledge!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- CR Nov. '15- GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #348
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Sorry I fell behind. I was revising and posting the new BWI/BWV thread. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago262 View Post
I'm enjoying the Lodge now. Anyone have any questions I might be able to answer?
Hope the rain has stopped and everyone is drying out. Enjoy your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Hi KOOK
Nice to see you! Has your youngest son graduated recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
Hope you're enjoying! Does roaring forks have a lot of breakfast and lunch options? It used to be not like most deluxe counter places, very low on choices.
I have the menus hyperlink in the DINING section on the first page. I do agree with you that their selection is more limited than the other MK area Deluxe resorts. Contempo Cafe is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
We checked in early today. So nice to be home.

We got a great dedicated 1 bedroom at the villas with a great double balcony. I definitely can not complain after all our budget trips over the years. I'm on the balcony enjoying a view of the lake right now.

They did stop by today to let us know that they are replacing the end tables, table, luggage chest and night stands tomorrow. The sofa and other furnishings. looks pretty new so I think they have been replaced recently as well. So it seems like they are doing furniture rehab instead of a full refurb.

The red boats are sharing with the green during the day making it a pain because you have to get to the mk via fw. So we are going to catch the bus to mk instead. Off to Ohana in a few for dinner.

Wish you were all here.
Thanks for checking in with us, but I don't think you really wish we were all there with you

Great news on the soft goods rehab. I'll put that info on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieo View Post
Would you mind posting some photos of the new furniture in the 1 bedroom villa (if it isn't too much trouble?). We hadn't heard they were replacing, so that's a nice surprise! We'll be there September 18th!

Have a great trip....
What a GREAT suggestion, Susieo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadbrown View Post
What a beautiful lodge! We are hoping to stay here soon.
I hope you get to book your trip at WL soon. It's even more amazing in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I've been so busy planning and anticipating our summer trip (staying at CBR) that I haven't been in this thread for awhile. But my ADR date for the Super Surprise WLV trip is this Thursday!

I think I want to make a lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon for the day we do MVMCP. I think that will be a day we spend exploring the resort and maybe doing a tour of the Monorail resorts to see all of the Christmas decorations.

As much as I am looking forward to our summer trip it doesn't even touch the excitement I have to stay at WL and surprise the kids for a Christmas trip. 188 days to go!!!
I think WCC sounds like a great idea as part of a relaxing resort day. Happy ADR-making!

Quote:
Doesn't it just sound heavenly to spend a day poking around the resorts and having nowhere that you have to be!!??
We're just getting to the point now where we've taken enough trips that our pace is changing and we'll relish a few sleep in/shop/wander about days
ITA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschon View Post
Chicago,
Tell everyone at the Trout Pass Bar that I said Hi.
Oooo, a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hi Everyone!!

So sorry I haven't updated you all for a while. We have been very busy this trip. We are currently in the WL lobby waiting for our ME pickup.

We had such a wonderful time and loved the WL! Our room was 2107, right by the mercantile. It was the first room off the lobby. It was a great location; very convenient and close to transportation. However, it was a very noisy location. Since it is the first room off the lobby, e heard kids constantly running up and down the halls until late at night, and some very rowdy adults too. I was going to ask to switch locations just to have a bit more quiet, but it really ended up being totally fine. We were so tired after long days in the parks that I was able to fall asleep anyway!!!

We didn't have the best weather at all. It rained quite a bit since our arrival last Tuesday.
Thanks for your mini TR. I would imagine that would be a noisy location, but convenient, too. All that rain must have gotten old quick - I think you need a do-over trip soon

Quote:
Oops sorry I hit send to early on my last post!!!

To continue...the rain did not stop us from doing everything we wanted. Crowds have definitely picked up as our trip went on.

We had such a wonderful trip...now it's back to Boston. Can't wait to be back at WDW in August!!!

Does anyone have any questions I could answer? Thank you all again for all of the WL knowledge!
So August 2013 is the do-over? That sounds great and I bet you'll request a different room location?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #349
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
We checked in early today. So nice to be home.
Hope you are having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadbrown View Post
What a beautiful lodge! We are hoping to stay here soon.
I hope you are able to book a stay there......the WL is an amazing resort .

Quote:
Doesn't it just sound heavenly to spend a day poking around the resorts and having nowhere that you have to be!!??
We're just getting to the point now where we've taken enough trips that our pace is changing and we'll relish a few sleep in/shop/wander about days
We are doing just that in December. We spend more time at the resort and less time at the parks with every trip and I am looking forward to this December checking out the resorts we've never been to .

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!

Hope you had a great trip and enjoyed the lodge .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Nice to see you! Has your youngest son graduated recently?
Thanks, KOOK . Yes, my youngest graduated yesterday . Commencement was yesterday, but we had his open house last weekend.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #350
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

When I booked my Woods view room I did not make any request. Any thoughts on a certain request to make for woods view? I think we will be happy anywhere at WL. Always have been impressed with the lobby so I am sure we will enjoy just walking through it regularly. Is there somewhere that has a decent monorail view? I remember staying at the Poly before and enjoying the peaceful kinetic energy of the monorail.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #351
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
When I booked my Woods view room I did not make any request. Any thoughts on a certain request to make for woods view? I think we will be happy anywhere at WL. Always have been impressed with the lobby so I am sure we will enjoy just walking through it regularly. Is there somewhere that has a decent monorail view? I remember staying at the Poly before and enjoying the peaceful kinetic energy of the monorail.
You can see the monorail from the north wing, woods view, upper floors. I'm not sure how decent it is, but we could see it from our 6th floor room. We had a slightly obscured view of the Wishes fireworks, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #352
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Today was my 180 day.... Got all my ADR .... Had to rearrange a few ... BOG at last night... But very happy!!!! still need Candlelight and fireworks party when they open...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #353
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Had to post because I am just a little excited

We got our package "stuff" in the mail today! Luggage tags, etc. I LOVE when this comes because it means the majority of the trip is paid for and it is coming soon!

This will be our first stay at the WL and I absolutely can not wait.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #354
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post

We got our package "stuff" in the mail today! Luggage tags, etc. I LOVE when this comes because it means the majority of the trip is paid for and it is coming soon!

WoooHoooo for Youuuuuu!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #355
snausman
Mouseketeer

Hi All, could you add us to the list again. We will be there for the 4th of July and checking out again on July 7th. Thanks

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #356
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Thanks, KOOK . Yes, my youngest graduated yesterday . Commencement was yesterday, but we had his open house last weekend.
WOW! Congratulations! Will he be going to the same school as his brother? Have you booked your NYE room yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
How about requesting a view of the monorail? That would be a room in the North Wing and a higher floor. The Room Assignor would know where those rooms are located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Today was my 180 day.... Got all my ADR .... Had to rearrange a few ... BOG at last night... But very happy!!!! still need Candlelight and fireworks party when they open...
I'm glad you got them all and now you can relax and anticipate your vacation.

Quote:

I think DISers call that Mickey Mail - so congratulations on getting your MM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Hi All, could you add us to the list again. We will be there for the 4th of July and checking out again on July 7th. Thanks

Laura
I've logged you and I love your upcoming and October stays
Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #357
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Yay for getting all of your ADRs .

Quote:

How exciting . Have a great trip.....you're going to love the WL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post

Laura
Hope you have a great trip .

Quote:
WOW! Congratulations! Will he be going to the same school as his brother? Have you booked your NYE room yet?
Thanks . DS is going in a different direction than his brother. He applied to the carpenters apprenticeship and will start that in September. Since we are booked for a cruise and a WDW stay right before Christmas, we won't be going over NYE. But I'm excited to try a DCL cruise as well as be back to Disney at Christmas time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #358
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

We just got back yesterday from our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge in room 7085 (honeymoon room w/ club level). We loved being on club level and just loved everything about Wilderness Lodge. I am depressed and keep wishing I was back at Wilderness Lodge.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #359
Zippa D Doodah

Here's some great news. I just found out that I will be adding a day to our stay! I found a great deal for flights on Southwest ($98 p/p roundtrip) so we will be flying instead of driving. Gotta get on the phone with Disney and book that extra night now... and and extra day in the parks... and an extra free meal.
That should help my surprise play out just fine. Only now the family will know we are staying at WL when we get to the airport and get into the WL queue at ME. The anticipation on the bus ride should be awesome. 104 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #360
Zippa D Doodah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You can see the monorail from the north wing, woods view, upper floors. I'm not sure how decent it is, but we could see it from our 6th floor room. We had a slightly obscured view of the Wishes fireworks, too.
Quote:

How about requesting a view of the monorail? That would be a room in the North Wing and a higher floor. The Room Assignor would know where those rooms are located.

Wonderful advice! Thank you, friends.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: